Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Weirdest Fact

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
lay an empty bottle on its side and place an object inside the opening. Try to blow it into the bottle. I'm pretty sure it cant be done. let me know if you succeed. This is a great way to amuse kids for a while

another one.
If you put a coin on the ground and get a volunteer, get them to try to jump forwards over the coin to land on the other side of it. To do this they must be holding onto their toes and never letting go the whole time as they do. I haven't seen anyone do it done successfully yet. its a pretty safe bet that you wont loose that coin :)

Mike said:
Pard said:
Hot and cold are learned. We do not differentiate between hot and cold unless we are taught.

:confused If a newborn puts his hand in hot water, doesn't he know it's hot? He obviously doesn't know the word, but he understands that it's painful from the heat. I'm not sure what you meant by this statement. :shrug

A child understands EXTREME cold or hot, think temps. that will harm them. However, they do not register 40 degrees as any more hot or cold than 100 degrees, well they do, but they do not register either of them as any more comfortable or uncomfortable. A baby will gladly take an ice cold shower because the baby does not have the training to think of cold as uncomfortable.

Make sense?

Pard, I MUST disagree, as I have been with my sister as she's bathed all three of her little one's when they were newborns. That child will scream, and I mean SCREAM, when you put them in cold water LOL.

Caroline H said:
Pard, I MUST disagree, as I have been with my sister as she's bathed all three of her little one's when they were newborns. That child will scream, and I mean SCREAM, when you put them in cold water LOL.

:confused :shrug

I heard it on the science channel...

Go figure :screwloose

Though I do recall something about temp. being a learned reaction... Sure the kids dont scream whenever they get near water? Sounds like my sister... and she isn't even a baby! :rolling

Pard said:
Caroline H said:

:confused :shrug

I heard it on the science channel...

Go figure :screwloose

Though I do recall something about temp. being a learned reaction... Sure the kids dont scream whenever they get near water? Sounds like my sister... and she isn't even a baby! :rolling

It may very well be that they can't distinguish hot from cold, but my experience tells me that they don't like either. Also, I used to have cold hands all the time, and whenever I would pick one of my nephews up and they were wearing just a diaper, they would scream as well. I had to wrap them up in a blanket so they wouldn't be shocked by the cold :lol

rapidly switching from aerobic workout to a anerobic workout and back can cause heart murmur.

4% of all marathoners will suffer a minor heart attack. the heart is beating to fast and abruptly stops and then restarts, no damage is done to the heart.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back