Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The world is over...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riven

There has been a nuclear war. You are one of the survivors. Your family is sick with radiation poisoning and starving. Would you put your Christian faith aside and be willing to do whatever it takes to survive? Or would you hold onto your faith, letting your family die, risking death yourself, and continuing to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ?

There has been a nuclear war. You are one of the survivors. Your family is sick with radiation poisoning and starving. Would you put your Christian faith aside and be willing to do whatever it takes to survive? Or would you hold onto your faith, letting your family die, risking death yourself, and continuing to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Won't need to ,dead within days . Radiation sickness kills within days there is no cure .

I have a Cold War era Nuclear Target Map of the United States,at that time with a full-on attack from the U.S.S.R,it was over.Espiecially the east coast with its ports and industry.My area would have been totally wiped out,period!!!!.You have to remember back in the day,a 10 Megaton Thermonuclear(fusion) warhead effected an area of out to between 30 to 40 miles,with an initial 10 mile initial blast radius.I think our side has been downsized to fission(kiloton) weapons again,I think minuteman missiles,for example.If we survive a nuclear attack here,it would be a miracle,according to my map.I think we would have more pressing issues to deal with besides spreading the gospel.

The Ohio Resistance.

Would you put your Christian faith aside and be willing to do whatever it takes to survive?
No. Millions of Chinese Christians were given that choice soon after 1900, and many failed - and lost their souls.
Those who did not fail, were executed.

Why would it ever be necessary to "put my Christian faith aside"? My faith is in a Person, not just a moral code and a set of truth propositions, with whom I interact every day and with whom I will one day live eternally. In light of this, it would be impossible for me to just "set aside" Jesus and live now like this life is all there is. My earthly life is simply a very brief preparation for the everlasting life that is to come on the far side of death and so it would be the height of idiocy to make Esau's Choice*, giving up an unending future of joy, peace and light, for a few more moments of desperate and nasty existence in an apocalyptic hell-scape.

Would I just lie down and die, then, careless of the welfare of my family? Obviously not. I would do what I could to ensure their survival but always acting in the light of God's eternal, holy priorities. In the end, all of us depend entirely upon God for our existence, for our survival, whether we are living in the lap of luxury and ease, or wandering the wreckage of a nuclear holocaust. Rather than casting Him aside, then, the situation you describe above would crowd me to Him, depending upon Him as never before.

*Esau's Choice: https://jonathanhay.substack.com/p/esaus-choice

Hey All,
How can a person put their faith aside?
Being a believer means that God's Word is a part of who we are. It's not a coat we can remove when we are hot.

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

This is really what you are asking.

What is your soul worth?

Besides selling your soul allows you to eat today. Tomorrow you are hungry again, and what did selling your soul buy you?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

There will not actually be a nuclear war. Famine will be widespread, but that is mostly because men have allowed these mega-corporations to consolidate and hold the "food chain" in this manner. I would highly recommend that anyone and everyone hold on to as much Faith as they can muster; even though they will not understand as this begins. There is a "Light at the end of the tunnel" for those who will endure.

There will not actually be a nuclear war. Famine will be widespread, but that is mostly because men have allowed these mega-corporations to consolidate and hold the "food chain" in this manner. I would highly recommend that anyone and everyone hold on to as much Faith as they can muster; even though they will not understand as this begins. There is a "Light at the end of the tunnel" for those who will endure.
Hey All,
I disagree with your first sentence Enlightenedtruth.

"There will not actually be a nuclear war." Quote from Enlightenedtruth

Revelation 6:3-4 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Riven, w
ar is clearly part of the four horsemen. Putin is threatening nukes in Ukraine. Now we have Israel and iran sparring. Both of which probably have nukes. North Korea is dying to show off their power. Imagine that on a world-wide level and tell me nobody gets stupid and fires one. Once one is fired, the whole world goes MAD.

Maybe that's why Jesus needs the 1000 year reign here on earth. Maybe it takes mankind that long to clean up the mess.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Hi Riven

I am assuming that you're speaking of lying, stealing and killing. No. I would trust in the Lord. And as Hananiah, Azzaria and Mishael, said to King Nebuchadnezzar when he had them thrown into a furnace that surely meant instant death said to him before he threw them in, "But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." They stood for God even in the face of what must have looked like sure death. For me, that's godly courage showing a deep and abiding trust in God. I would hope to have the same courage.

Why should I take something from someone else by force that doesn't belong to me. And I would hope that I'd never take another human life, even in self-defense. You see, I know that I have everlasting life, but I'd be robbing the other person from the possibility that they, too, might gain everlasting life. For me, death is not the end of life. It is only the beginning of a better life.

God bless,
TEd

"There will not actually be a nuclear war." Quote from Enlightenedtruth
I did not say there would be no war; I said no nuclear war. Men are still going to fight, because they have no sense. But by that time, all the electronics will not be working. So the "nature" of the "wars" at that time will be very different.

A thought provoking experiment?

Joshua 24:15 " As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

If the Lord brings us to that situation, we have faith He will see us through it. And if we die? Then we die, to die is to gain (Philippians 1:21) my family knows this and we accept it.

God Bless
Atonement

Hi Riven

So, do we have any data from your experiment? What was the experiment to prove? I'm interested to hear you findings from your experiment.

God bless,
Ted
Data? Do you think I'm some part of a think tank or something? Get a grip. I was interested in seeing if Christians preferred to be the hunter or the prey in such a scenario. Based on what I'm reading here, many of you would be somebody's dinner. 🍖🍗

XD

Data? Do you think I'm some part of a think tank or something? Get a grip. I was interested in seeing if Christians preferred to be the hunter or the prey in such a scenario. Based on what I'm reading here, many of you would be somebody's dinner. 🍖🍗

XD
Hi Riven

For the believer, there is no fear in death. As I said, we believe, and the Scriptures account, that death only means that we leave this life, for now. We will be back, just as Jesus is coming back. And the Scriptures also account that the believer will hate the life that he has now. With his sight set on the new life to come.

God bless,
Ted

Prophecy predicts rebuilt Babylon may suffer nuclear destruction, but not the entire world.

Also, Gog and Magog may suffer nuclear destruction or something far worse, on the mountains of Israel:

Babylon shall become a heap, A dwelling place for jackals, An astonishment and a hissing, Without an inhabitant. (Jer. 51:37 NKJ)

And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. (Zech. 14:12 NKJ)

Why would a Christian give up their faith, for anything?

37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. (Matt. 10:37-39 NKJ)

I prefer death to life without Christ. Jesus is amazing, been my friend and LORD over 40 years.

As scripture reveals, "He is Wonderful"!

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa. 9:6-7 NKJ)

Last edited:
Why would a Christian give up their faith, for anything?

37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. (Matt. 10:37-39 NKJ)

I prefer death to life without Christ. Jesus is amazing, been my friend and LORD over 40 years.

As scripture reveals, "He is Wonderful"!

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa. 9:6-7 NKJ)
This is what I sing to Christ my LORD:

XD
Rather be dinner for a sinner and get to Heaven and be a "winner winner getting chicken dinner" - than being a sinner and dinner for the "worm that never dies".

Back