Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

There is not a life that Jesus cannot change

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Wrg1405

Sometimes we can fall foul of this.

We can shrink back from preaching the gospel to people that we know, "it's no use telling them what God has done through Jesus, they won't change, they are not interested, I'm wasting my time, I'm wasting my breath, they are not interested" avoid such people.

Jesus never seemed phased by that. He met people where they were at and not where he wanted them to be. The broken hearted, the poor, the despised, the religious, the adulterers. All were sinners and separated from God.

He came to reveal the Father and his heart and purpose. Not just to a select few but to all, even the Pharisees and the Saducees, the Romans, the gentiles. Every word he said will have had an impact.
He was always ready to engage, whether it be someone searching or someone to mock.

He died for the whole world, not the select few. He died so that whoever beleives in him will not perish but will live for ever.

We have no idea that one sentence we say, may have an impact. We want results now. One sentence is a seed sown. It's then up to God.

Think about it. We were such people. At one time we were not interested, dead in our sins and not alive to God. We may have even been abusive or put aside people who told us about Jesus, maybe even mocked.

Has Jesus not changed your life? Has he not given you a hope and future?

If yes amen. Thank Jesus.

If yes and no still thank Jesus. He didn't save you to then let you get on with it. When he saved you he started a good work in you. That first work reconciling/restoring that broken relationship with you so that you will be with him forever. The second work is through the Holy Spirit, changing you and helping you to do so. Revealing the greatness and love of God for you, continually doing so. Forgiveness of sins, revealing his grace for you. Promising to be with you as you walk through this earth for the time he has given you.

If you feel that this is not fully the case keep pressing into him. He is not a liar, he is the truth. He may not make everything right but he will give you the strength to walk with him through everything that life throws at you.

The third work. To remember that there is not a life that Jesus cannot change.
He has called us all to represent him, be like him. To our brothers and sisters in Christ and to those who are not.

Today, tomorrow you could say one sentence, act in love, walk with, accept where they are at, not condemn, just love them where they are at, to a brother a sister in Christ to a non beleiver that at some point opens them up to say to Jesus "PLEASE CHANGE ME I NEED YOU"

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back