Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study This is a challenge...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

serapha

Hi there!

:angel:

Here's a little bit different approach to a Bible subject, and I am seeking your input.

I was reading today in "The Archaeology of the New Testament" by E. M. Blaiklock... and I read an interesting thought concerning the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem.

Lu 2:7
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Blaiklock writes, "The "inn," or any other lodgings for travelers, would naturally be overwhelmed in the time of an enrollment." ...

So who was in the "inns" of Bethlehem? Descendents of David who were there for the census.... But who might have been there as a descendent of David?

The author cites Hillel, Hillel's son Simeon, and Gamaliel (from whom Paul studied)... but was John the Baptist there as an infant? Elizabeth being a cousin of Mary would have been a descendent of David.

Any other first-century names that were known to be descendents of David who might have been in the crowded "inn" while Jesus was born in the "stable"?

~serapha~

No Room......?

serapha said:
Lu 2:7
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

• In a spiritual sense --
    Psalm 10:4 "In his pride the wicked does not seek him;
    in all this thoughts there is no room for God."

John 8:37 "I know you are Abraham's descendants.
    Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word."

John 14:1,2 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.
    In my Father's house are many rooms;.."
NIV - emphasis supplied
.........Restin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back