Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Thoughts About Your Thoughts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

This is a study about our thought life, and how important to the Christian it really is....I like what George H. Morrison had to say about our thoughts...."A man will never regulate his passions who has never learned to regulate his thoughts. If we cannot master our besetting thoughts, we shall never master our besetting sins. I think you see, then, that in the interests of morality no less than in the interests of our happiness and influence, it is supremely necessary that we all give heed to the great subject of thought—discipline." (e-Sword)

Early in my training as a Christian Psychologist, this very true saying was found, not only in secular psychology, but also in Christian psychology, "You are what you think". To go along with that, I have found that you become what you think. It would take pages and pages of folk that I have counseled about you are, and become what you think. I personally can testify of many Christian lives that have been changed for the better, just because I, thru the power of the Holy Spirit, changed their thought life.

I have taught folk that they are not responsible for the first thought that comes into their mind, but they, sure as shooting, are responsible for each thought afterwards. Jesus said, "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life". Therefore there is a guaranteed way to check our thoughts with our Master Owner. 2 Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." (KJV)

2 Corinthians 10:5 "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ." (ESV)

What does this mean? To put it simply, WWJD. Jesus is the Way, Truth, and the Life. If a thought comes across my mind, is it....
Colossians 3:5 sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
3:8 anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
3:9 Do not lie.
There are more,but you get the point. Stop that thought immediately!! Don't continue thinking and forming a mind picture of that thought.

Good thoughts are medicine to our well being. Theologian George H. Morrison once said, "No one can achieve serenity who does not practice the control of thought. You cannot build a lovely house out of dirty or discolored bricks. The power of our thoughts is so tremendous over health and happiness and character that to master them is moral victory."

I'll close with another quote from Morrison...."We are all familiar with the difference that is made by the thoughts that arise within our hearts. Often they cast a shadow on our universe. A man may waken in the morning singing and address himself cheerfully to duty, and then, suddenly, some unbidden thought may creep or flash into his mind—and in a moment the heavens become cloudy and the music of the morning vanishes and there is fret and bitterness within."

Ok friends. I can't think of a more important discipline than the daily practice to regulate our thoughts. As a Christian Psychologist and even a Pastor who has counseled many hurting folk in the churches that I have labored in over the years, many, I mean many Christians have been set free from demonic pressure, health trials, unhappiness and a hoard of social difficulties, simply because of negative thoughts about life and poor self image.

I encourage all my Bible study friends to get into this godly discipline, and begin to live in victory. Pray and ask Jesus to cause His Spirit to aid you in this vital life changing discipline....Thank you. :hug

You're right up my ally on this subject chopper. I was a very early student, at about 19 years old, of such positive thought philosophers of the world such as Earl Nightingale, W. Clement Stone, Og Mandino, Robert Ringer and other preachers of that realm like N. Vincent Peale. I've also listened to probably every word that ever came out of Tony Robbins mouth.

There is no stone that I have not turned over in this arena. And I did use the principles of such men to make a small fortune. Or so I thought. It wasn't really that at all.

I had to, was forced to trade in ALL of the above for the knowledge of God's Word on this subject.

Few believers will bow to the understanding of God in Christ on this matter. Few. So very very few.

Here is what Gods Word says: Mark 4:15

This MEANS there is an intruder that is not us, in our minds. IF believers can not come into this sight of fact, they will be quickly turned into liars and hypocrites.

Now, follow what Jesus said DIRECTLY to how Paul taught this same matter in Romans 7:7-13. Paul was telling and exposing the TRUTH of Jesus' Facts from Mark 4:15.

And pity the man who hides behind the lie that those adverse illegal thoughts can be stopped or be legal or be pleasing to God in Christ.

The only thing that we get from God in Christ on this subject is HONESTY. There are either honest believers on this subject or there are liars. There is no in between and there is no wiggle room.

Yes, evil does come from within. It does come from evil thoughts. And anyone, anyone, who says they don't have them are only fooling themselves and hiding the fact that our spiritual adversary brings the onslaught of evil thoughts in direct opposition to Gods Words of LAW.

No man makes indwelling sin and evil present within them obey. It is not even remotely possible.

And the sooner a believer quits pulling their own leg on the subject, it is THEN that the real battles begin, because we are not warring with ourselves, our flesh and blood, some chemical reactions in the mind, our old man, our Adamic nature, our old nature, NONE of this is true.

We battle our spiritual adversary INTERNALLY, in our thought life. And if we think that adversary will not cover himself up and claim it's only "us" then he has merely blinded us to the reality of our indwelling sin and evil present in connection with the DEVIL.

Now, let that truth stick in everyone's craw because it will stick if anyone even TRIES to be that honest before our Maker.

God DEMANDS His Brutal Honesty on this subject. God already knows our state. It is only we who are blinded to it.

And when we see this, THEN HIS MERCY in Christ becomes vividly real and sorely needed at every moment of our lives, because you see, God is not just seeing "us." God can and does have the right to deal adversely with "the other party."

And on this ground, I not only scream, but BEG for His Mercy. Because I know His Right and Rule extends to more than "just me" in my poor little defiled lump of clay.

So, SHIELDS UP to everyone that hears. Those who hear will lock shields in prep for battle. And will stop lying to themselves.

Isaiah 63:8
For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

When we come before our Maker, IN TRUTH, we are essentially requesting our BEHEADING, in the spiritual sense. It will happen, COLLECTIVELY and when it does, we'll ALL know it, from the least to the greatest of us.

But liars will not stand.

Dear Brother Chopper, thought is indeed a powerful resource in overcoming the sin that would control us. You mentioned no power over the original thought, and Paul fell under that same stimulus as he said in Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me., but then in Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God.

What is that law of God governing what He wants of us? Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe (Again thought) on Him whom He hath sent. When we submit to following through with the fulfilling of the lusts of the flesh especially which is pertinent to sensing the same conscience or condemnation Paul did in Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. That sin or failure we experience quickly takes us backward from the goal of attaining God’s best for us, and James puts it like this in Jas 2:17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone, and then Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them (Not God), and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

When we fail we are first to feel regret followed by all them that will add their displeasure of us; see there, it is not just “You are what you think,” he also does what he wants to do just as we see when they found that woman caught in the very act of adultery (Jn 8:4). I hope I didn’t detract from your thoughts.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

You're right up my ally on this subject chopper. I was a very early student, at about 19 years old, of such positive thought philosophers of the world such as Earl Nightingale, W. Clement Stone, Og Mandino, Robert Ringer and other preachers of that realm like N. Vincent Peale. I've also listened to probably every word that ever came out of Tony Robbins mouth.

There is no stone that I have not turned over in this arena. And I did use the principles of such men to make a small fortune. Or so I thought. It wasn't really that at all.

I had to, was forced to trade in ALL of the above for the knowledge of God's Word on this subject.

Few believers will bow to the understanding of God in Christ on this matter. Few. So very very few.

Here is what Gods Word says: Mark 4:15

This MEANS there is an intruder that is not us, in our minds. IF believers can not come into this sight of fact, they will be quickly turned into liars and hypocrites.

Now, follow what Jesus said DIRECTLY to how Paul taught this same matter in Romans 7:7-13. Paul was telling and exposing the TRUTH of Jesus' Facts from Mark 4:15.

And pity the man who hides behind the lie that those adverse illegal thoughts can be stopped or be legal or be pleasing to God in Christ.

The only thing that we get from God in Christ on this subject is HONESTY. There are either honest believers on this subject or there are liars. There is no in between and there is no wiggle room.

Yes, evil does come from within. It does come from evil thoughts. And anyone, anyone, who says they don't have them are only fooling themselves and hiding the fact that our spiritual adversary brings the onslaught of evil thoughts in direct opposition to Gods Words of LAW.

No man makes indwelling sin and evil present within them obey. It is not even remotely possible.

And the sooner a believer quits pulling their own leg on the subject, it is THEN that the real battles begin, because we are not warring with ourselves, our flesh and blood, some chemical reactions in the mind, our old man, our Adamic nature, our old nature, NONE of this is true.

We battle our spiritual adversary INTERNALLY, in our thought life. And if we think that adversary will not cover himself up and claim it's only "us" then he has merely blinded us to the reality of our indwelling sin and evil present in connection with the DEVIL.

Now, let that truth stick in everyone's craw because it will stick if anyone even TRIES to be that honest before our Maker.

God DEMANDS His Brutal Honesty on this subject. God already knows our state. It is only we who are blinded to it.

And when we see this, THEN HIS MERCY in Christ becomes vividly real and sorely needed at every moment of our lives, because you see, God is not just seeing "us." God can and does have the right to deal adversely with "the other party."

And on this ground, I not only scream, but BEG for His Mercy. Because I know His Right and Rule extends to more than "just me" in my poor little defiled lump of clay.

So, SHIELDS UP to everyone that hears. Those who hear will lock shields in prep for battle. And will stop lying to themselves.

Isaiah 63:8
For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

When we come before our Maker, IN TRUTH, we are essentially requesting our BEHEADING, in the spiritual sense. It will happen, COLLECTIVELY and when it does, we'll ALL know it, from the least to the greatest of us.

But liars will not stand.

Thank you my very special learned friend. After that great reply, I feel I must recognize you as a Holy Spirit co-author of this thread. Thank you for such a knowledgeable response and creative spiritual writing. Your comments ans Scripture was very necessary to complete what I started, thanks again.

Dear Brother Chopper, thought is indeed a powerful resource in overcoming the sin that would control us. You mentioned no power over the original thought, and Paul fell under that same stimulus as he said in Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me., but then in Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God.

What is that law of God governing what He wants of us? Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe (Again thought) on Him whom He hath sent. When we submit to following through with the fulfilling of the lusts of the flesh especially which is pertinent to sensing the same conscience or condemnation Paul did in Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. That sin or failure we experience quickly takes us backward from the goal of attaining God’s best for us, and James puts it like this in Jas 2:17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone, and then Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them (Not God), and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

When we fail we are first to feel regret followed by all them that will add their displeasure of us; see there, it is not just “You are what you think,” he also does what he wants to do just as we see when they found that woman caught in the very act of adultery (Jn 8:4). I hope I didn’t detract from your thoughts.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

Thank you very much good old friend Eugene. Your comments fit just right. You are always amazing with good remarks that fit, thanks again.

After allowing the election to take too big of a hold ..The sermons of the last couple of days have been a true gift.. thanks guys..Being able to pass a paragraph on to one in real need of 'thought control' i say a huge thank you ... .

After allowing the election to take too big of a hold ..The sermons of the last couple of days have been a true gift.. thanks guys..Being able to pass a paragraph on to one in real need of 'thought control' i say a huge thank you ... .

I'm so glad that the thread will be of some use to you, my extra good friend. To God be the glory for planting these teachings into my mind and helping me express His thoughts. My thanks to my co-theologian smaller, for his work on the thread as well....Love you.

Some practical experience from the arena of faith in Christ and thought control.

Some decades ago, after the very REAL Love of God in Christ "touched" my heart, or entered into me if you prefer, I had an immediate sense of "cleanliness." I saw, instantly, how alone and blinded and "controlled" by the ignorance of not living my life, understanding God in Christ was a reality, a personally applicable reality. The mere thought of exposing myself to any SIN in thought, word or deed was, by nature, abhorrent to me. I could barely stand to watch TV for example, because I saw the onslaught of manipulation with scantily clad women, the manipulation via underlying greed trying to force money out of people and yada yada yada. I saw SIN everywhere I looked, and avoided it. Basically shut down the world around me so I would not be exposed to sin. I've spoken with others about this type of experience who have had similar engagements. It's not uncommon. It's "like" we are no longer interested in being manipulated. The sights and exposures to sin is by, nature, repulsive to us. We don't want to let any "into" our minds because we can "sense" the defiling such thoughts bring. The old internal tracks in our minds that we may have reveled in before get a reset. And we're not interested in reigniting them because we know where they lead to.

So, yeah, life was Jesus and me. Happy happy happy. My honeymoon period with my Maker. And I thought of others, how can you be so blind to JESUS?! This is fantastically GOOD NEWS! He Is Wonderful! Marvelous! (insert all the classic refrains from whence stems many of our collective hymns of reminders born from experiences.)

For many such who have entered into this path we get a reprieve from the world for a time. Like we have an time of insulation from the onslaughts of life. I protected my "thought life" from intrusion. Basked for hours upon hours in His Words. Probably read the Bible cover to cover several times in the first year or so.

Obsessed with Jesus and His Word would be a mild understatement. I'm certain other people said, "Oh, he's one of those people." I know they did. They didn't understand. It's not just me. It's me and JESUS in my heart.

I was in the RCC at the time. I took great delight in going to church. They even had a special group within the local church for "charismatics" which is what they call people like me who've had a real experience with Christ. People who are obsessed with the things of God in Christ and can't stop talking about Him and our engagements with Him.

I lived this "squeeky clean" life, having shut down all external avenues of what I thought was sin. But alas, sooner or later the reality of life catches up to any such. And on a certain day, I might even call it a day, appointed, this reality caught up to me on the inside, in my THOUGHT LIFE. On this certain day I had went to "confession." Didn't really have anything to confess really, but that is what they do in that assembly. And so did the prayer of repentence and the sentence of ritual incantations for contrition, all in preparations for reception of the HOST at the altar. And yeah, I felt pretty good about myself and had felt that way from the time of my "experiences" above.

As I stood there at the altar and received the host, I turned away from the altar to walk back to the pew and KABLAM! I was hit, blindsided by a BAD THOUGHT. I don't even recall specifically what it was. More than likely something of a sexual nature. Some good looking woman or something followed by something lustful. And I was horrified. HOW could this possibly happen to me, after I've been SOOOO diligent and obedient to everything! And right after going through all the above no less. It really spoiled the whole experience for me. Knowing the scriptures pretty well, I recalled how Job had dealt with this particular matter, here:

Job 31:1
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

Yeah, I know why he did that. I do the same thing, still to this day. It's "SHIELDS UP" activity. A very necessary shield. The fact is though, we NEED this shield.

The question that came to me in the encounter above is WHY? Why does this stuff happen to me? I don't WANT that to happen to me. I don't want those 'thoughts.' I don't WANT to have to live my life, having to guard against my own mind, my very own thoughts all the time. What happened to just me and JESUS? I liked that much better than this perpetual war I have to guard my own mind. But you see, there really was no escaping having to do it.

The question I asked God was WHY!?

The discovery of the "internal war" took a very long time for me to work out from the scriptures conveyances of "fact." And I had my hands full at the time above with other things that were going on in my life on the outside. I had recently started a new business in farming, and the first two years into it, for the first time in decades in my area, none that any of the local farmers recalled, we had back to back droughts. It nearly wiped me out. I was scrambling for my financial life. It really felt like God was cursing me. I'll never forget being on my knees in one of my fields, crying, asking God why this was happening to me. Why are you not helping me here God? My life is collapsing. I'm going to be destroyed. And I've been so GOOD! I've done nothing wrong!

[insert interlude and forward to several years later]

I believe I've fellow shipped with every great theological mind on the planet earth. Either by book, by personal engagements with doctors of theology, with commentaries galore, with nearly every kind of sectarian member. There is no mystery to me in the world of christian theology, generally speaking. I've absorbed a LOT over the years, because of my internal interests in Christ and His Word. Early in the internet age, I was always online, engaging in the typical topics. My favorite arena was LAW vs. GRACE. I had scoured every resource I could find about these subjects over about a 10 year period.

Was discussing these matters, of scriptural law, with a believing friend of mine online. He's a good friend to this day. We were having this discourse about it. I had asked him his opinion of why God gave the law to start with. Follow the line of reasoning below:

he says: WHO IS THE LAW FOR?

me: Well, we know from 1 Tim. 1:9 that the law is for sinners, for the lawless, etc. And we also know that all of us are sinners.

he says: Good conclusion. But is that all the law is for?

me: ????? What do you mean?

he says: Is the devil a sinner?

me: Assuredly. Yes! The devil is a sinner beyond any doubt. We know this as well from 1 John 3:8.

he says: Then why do you see the law as only to MAN?!

me: Good point! I have never really thought about the LAW from that aspect before.

he says: Where do the scriptures show the devil and his messengers are located?!

me: Obviously in MAN. I mean the N.T. is filled with examples of people having devils.

he says: Go back through the scriptures and read about the LAW with that fact in mind. You'll quickly see that there is another narrative going on with the law because the LAW is in fact directed AGAINST THEM in man.

me: You know, I had just never considered that aspect of this matter before.

Being obsessed with scriptures, as I am, knowing I'm a sinner beyond any doubting whatsoever at this point, but well exercised in rituals and various excuses to justify myself and cover myself with Grace or whatever other theological angles I could come up with, I started reading about the law, DIFFERENTLY, as shown above.

First stop: Mark 4:15. The reason I started here was obvious. It is one of the scriptures that show the "overlap" with man and devil.

Mark 4:
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Keep in mind that by this point I had read the scriptures for soooo long. But I sat there and looked at that scripture. And I remembered how many times I had read it, and almost automatically, every single time I had read it, an internal thought had came to me and said, "WELL THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU, YOU'RE A BELIEVER!"

But that day, I knew there was an internal voice that had deceived me and lied to me.

Yes, this not only has happened to me countless times in the past, it tried to happen to me even that day, as I read it.

Call it an AH HA! moment.

Last edited:
The Law of God can only be obeyed by spiritual man, not the flesh of man who are condemned to death by the Law. All God's created men will have the Law of God written in their hearts in the next age called the New Heaven and Earth.

I'd suggest you missed the point of discourses altogether. Read my last post and maybe you'll understand. But, it's not uncommon that it won't be seen. More than likely, not. I can tell instantly when any believer reads with only one eye. They have entirely "man-centric" understandings of the scriptures. They just don't see themselves, internally, for what really goes on inside the box. Which was really only a starting point to see even more interesting scriptural discourses.

SUCH AS 3 of my favorite "thought" scriptures here:

Matt. 15:19-20
Mark 7:21-23
Matt. 5:28

Which I will get into next, that is, if anyone has the nerve to look and be honest within themselves. Oh, and welcome to the board!

I can see that you're not interested at all in what the Lord had me write about His Law. Most of His people are only interested in their own interpretations instead of listening to the voice of the Lord.
Actually there is another principle involved and you are, believe it or not, part of that proof.

In The Order of the TRUTH of PROOF, let's take a look at THOUGHTS as Jesus proposed to be FACTS.

First stop:
Matt. 15:
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Second stop:

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Third stop, the bane of every "natural man" on planet earth:

Matt. 5:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Now, who wants to be honest with the scriptures about THOUGHTS in this internal reality that Jesus shows, today? Any takers? Nah. You see what happens to believers, is that they go into INSTANT DENIAL mode, of Jesus' Own Words of FACTs. The above disclosures are NOT OPTIONAL. They are mandatory to understand for everyone who claims to be IN TRUTH.

Otherwise we're just playing religious games with ourselves. Not really LISTENING to our Savior.

If you don't like these thoughts from our Lord, then it's okay with me. I know you like your own interpretations instead of the Lord's.

I love Every Word of God. Every single jot and tittle. Let's see if you love the Words I just posted. Then we'll see who really loves Gods Words and WHO runs away from same as fast as they possibly can.

Won't you join me in an honest discourse? Oh, please, please.

I agree with you smaller.
I think I am guilty of doing wrong here on this forum by putting up pictures that others may consider sexually unexceptable.
I think they are right.
Though I can speak for myself on the matter, I cannot speak for others.
As a mature Christian, I should know better and act better.
All this shows me I am still a work in progress.
I admit it and am willing to work towards doing something about it.

Oh, we'll get to a much deeper discourse about "evil thoughts" if you can bear with me Rollo. Whether you do as you suppose above is not going to change the fact of our internals. Acting good on the outside will not an is not capable of seeing INSIDE of us, AS Jesus Sees Us. It is there, that most of us are led, just like Adam and Eve, to HIDE.

Yes of course the Lord can share prophecies about all the wicked flesh He plans on killing during this first age but saving the spirit of man.

Well that's kind of DISMAL don't you think? Let's try to look at scriptures about THOUGHTS. I like to look inside. Looking at the flesh doesn't interest me much, at all actually. You do understand that the "flesh" itself is not wicked, don't you? It is a temporary compilation of organic material, aka dust/clay/earth in the scriptures. I'd hardly call dust/clay/earth wicked.

I understand everything the Lord has revealed to me since I started testifying to His Word. It's obvious you are not experiencing life in Paradise.

How could you possibly know? When we come before our Maker, here, an honest believer comes, bearing this internal reality. I do not HIDE this part of my internals from God or anyone else for that matter:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

I don't try to cover the hard fact of an "evil conscience" with religious poser cloth. Particularly with God in Christ. I have no interests in coming before my Maker as a liar about it. I find honesty to be quite refreshing, actually. God knows what goes on inside of me. So do I. It's not as if it's that big of a mystery. We're just getting warmed up on the scriptural reality of "evil thoughts." It gets far more interesting.

Oh I don't know about that.
If I'm willing to do something for the sake of another, that's showing something on my inside, wouldn't you say?

I think you know me well enough by now that I don't hold back. :lol

I've followed Paul, and Paul has shown me some very interesting things about the reality of our internals, in our "thought life." So I kind of focus in that direction. The outside actions are good when they are good, but here, Paul shows us the reality of what happened with him. And I simply raise my hand and say, you know, that is not only truthful, but quite brilliant. I might even term it "The Apostle Paul's LAW."

Romans 7:

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

And you know what happens Rollo? Every time we read that, we INSTANTLY fall into various forms of "thought life denial" that this is an internal reality.

Paul explains this form of denial like this. It is the 'ACTIONS' of evil, internally, when this EVIL PRESENT meets LAW:

Romans 2:15
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

And yes, it's a very very real phenomena, that happens when anyone tries to be truthful and honest about "evil present" withIN us.

Ok guys. Lets settle down. Neither of you two really know each other,

Ok friends?

You do recognize that I didn't cast any believer into hell yet don't you? :lol

I have nothing against ANY believer, period. I do however have a real disdain for one sided "only look at my GOOD STUFF" Lord and "I only like the GOOD STUFF" conversations, simply because they are psuedo religious phonyism.

I'd like to get to, as some point of this Bible Study, sometime, about 'evil thoughts' in RELATIONSHIP to Gods Mercy expressed IN CHRIST.

But to "get there" requires an honest conversation to transpire, FIRST.

We can all leap ahead to the MERCY part though and forget how and why we 'GOT THERE.' And just go home.

I'm trying to follow along - this is interesting.
But why do I not see Glorified One's postings??

Have many thoughts on this but tomorrow...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back