Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Warning for not submitting..."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Orion

In another thread, someone made this comment and it causes me to bring the topic up again...

And a clear warning for not submitting to the will of God.

Where is there true devotion when there is the threat of emminent doom for those who otherwise go a different direction? How does a person know if they're a Christian if it is out of this "fear of doom" or because they long for the relationship? Would they still long for the unseen and the "rituals" if there was no "threat of doom"?

Are you looking for some all-explanatory systematic theology? Your posts seem to give me that impression. I doubt you'll ever be able to find such a thing.

But for this specific issue, I don't know what doom is exactly, and it certainly isn't eminent.

I am skeptical that regeneration could occur out of "fear of doom."

Of course we would still long for God, that seems pretty easy to discern.

How does a person know if they're a Christian if it is out of this "fear of doom" or because they long for the relationship?

Orion that is a great question, one verse clears this up (at least for me), I think it depends on one's maturity in the Lord and how they preceive these Scriptures. But here is that verse.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back