Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Browsers do you trust???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I am one of the people who use many browsers. Okay then. How do you know which browser to really trust???

On both my mobile device and on my computer I have many browsers. The reason is clear. Each browser has a peculiar feature, at least.

No single browser has all I want in a browser - so the option for now is: I installed many browsers.

I don't even know if some of them are owned by some fraudulent jerks. They can steal your stuff.

I think top options would be chrome or Firefox. The only thing about these, I am pretty sure they are both owned by search engines who use Your information. I know chrome is run by google and If I'm correct Firefox is msn?

I have never tried Opera. I installed it once but decided not to use it so I uninstalled it again. I've been happy with Chrome.

I think top options would be chrome or Firefox. The only thing about these, I am pretty sure they are both owned by search engines who use Your information. I know chrome is run by google and If I'm correct Firefox is msn?

Mozilla Firefox is owned by the Mozilla Organization. Offering a free open source web browser. Yeah Chrome of course is owned by Google.

I used Firefox for a while and really liked it, especially the ability to customize things but over time (after one of the updates) it began to really get sluggish. Even IE9 was faster and nothing I tried was successful in restoring the lost speed. I eventually tried Chrome and liked it. After about a year I tried installing Firefox again to give it another try and it was still too sluggish compared to Chrome.

I used Firefox for a while and really liked it, especially the ability to customize things but over time (after one of the updates) it began to really get sluggish. Even IE9 was faster and nothing I tried was successful in restoring the lost speed. I eventually tried Chrome and liked it. After about a year I tried installing Firefox again to give it another try and it was still too sluggish compared to Chrome.

I just updated to the latest FF. It's very slow and takes forever to load all page contents. :sad

IE is quite good; Opera is interesting.

Our systems have fewer available browsers than our mobile devices. I have about 10 browsers on my MP. Don't know which to trust.

(The most perfect browser there is is the in-built one...just that it's a little slower and costs/consumes more data)

My Firefox is as fast as ever here on Ubuntu. Is it your Firefox, or the OS? You know, the dirty "M" word that I don't allow in this house! :lol

No Firefox is not owned by MSN. It is created by the group that was left when one fo the original web browsers, Netscape, went defunct. Well to be more precise, Mozilla, the organization behind Firefox was an open source project that was using the same code base that Netscape was.

I just updated to the latest FF. It's very slow and takes forever to load all page contents. :sad

IE is quite good; Opera is interesting.
IE functions well, it's fast(ish) and stable, but since it's so tightly integrated with the operating system, it's easier for nastier and harder to get rid of "stuff" to end up in your system through it than through any other browser.

My number one rule for anyone using any browser though is absolutely no add on tool bars. Not a single one of them serves any necessary purpose and they are nearly all(even the ones from reputable companies) poorly written unstable resource hogs.

IE functions well, it's fast(ish) and stable, but since it's so tightly integrated with the operating system, it's easier for nastier and harder to get rid of "stuff" to end up in your system through it than through any other browser.

My number one rule for anyone using any browser though is absolutely no add on tool bars. Not a single one of them serves any necessary purpose and they are nearly all(even the ones from reputable companies) poorly written unstable resource hogs.

I must be honest with you. This is the bad habit that's tricking me. I have uncountable add on. I know how they make my browsing run like aging snails. I always tried disabling some - but always ended up not doing so. Perhaps am under an add on spell.:biggrinunno

I will do something about it soon. This spell must be reversed. Amen!!! 'Tis a bad habbit.

Thanks

(Welcome to CF.net:wave.... From your username it seems you play chase? :lol)

I must be honest with you. This is the bad habit that's tricking me. I have uncountable add on. I know how they make my browsing run like aging snails. I always tried disabling some - but always ended up not doing so. Perhaps am under an add on spell.:biggrinunno

I will do something about it soon. This spell must be reversed. Amen!!! 'Tis a bad habbit.

Thanks

(Welcome to CF.net:wave.... From your username it seems you play chase? :lol)

My user name is simply the nickname my grandmother had for me since I'm a third and having three men around with the same name required using something different. My grandfather got to use the real first name, my dad went by our middle name and I got the nickname,obviously without the numbers. Those got added when one of the first forums I ever signed up for wouldn't let me use just chaz.

Back to the technical:
There are many well written and highly useful browser add ons so I'm not suggesting getting rid of all of them. Although an excessive amount will slow things. My comment was limited to toolbars, which often get installed by default when installing other software, especially free software. And turning them off with the "view" menu doesn't keep them from loading.

I'm an IT professional who has been dealing with computers since the operating system came on floppies so if you(or anyone) has questions, fire away and I'll do my best to give my usually relatively opinionated advice.

My user name is simply the nickname my grandmother had for me since I'm a third and having three men around with the same name required using something different. My grandfather got to use the real first name, my dad went by our middle name and I got the nickname,obviously without the numbers. Those got added when one of the first forums I ever signed up for wouldn't let me use just chaz.

Back to the technical:
There are many well written and highly useful browser add ons so I'm not suggesting getting rid of all of them. Although an excessive amount will slow things. My comment was limited to toolbars, which often get installed by default when installing other software, especially free software. And turning them off with the "view" menu doesn't keep them from loading.

I'm an IT professional who has been dealing with computers since the operating system came on floppies so if you(or anyone) has questions, fire away and I'll do my best to give my usually relatively opinionated advice.

Thanks a lot.
I usually get the message to disable some add ons to make my browsing better...
I usually ignore this. I now like using opera and less frequently use FF as a result of this old snail movement. There could be a problem with this latest version of FF.

----
The major problem why I would want to run away from computers is VIRUS:bigfrown

Nothing has ever worked for me - except complete system format.:lol

Thanks a lot.
I usually get the message to disable some add ons to make my browsing better...
I usually ignore this. I now like using opera and less frequently use FF as a result of this old snail movement. There could be a problem with this latest version of FF.

----
The major problem why I would want to run away from computers is VIRUS:bigfrown

Nothing has ever worked for me - except complete system format.:lol

The biggest issue with Firefox at the moment is thy are turning out what they are calling a full version upgrade seemingely every 2.3 days. The most recent one is a very "dumb" installer. One would think that a program that automatically updates itself would be smart enough to look at the operating system version that it's installed on and not run the update if the update won't run on that OS version. Well the newest FF update doesn't do this. It happily runs the update and then can't run anymore. BIG issue in a school where we tend to hold on to computers for a long time and have to run old OS versions.

FF with snail movement? Installers that don't work with the OS? Disabling add-ons to make the browser work better? I never had nor heard of those problems. Seriously. :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back