Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where's the sacrifice? (Question asked by another)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Orion

This question was brought up in aother forum I go to, and I said that I would ask here.

The Bible says Jesus is God and sits at the right hand of God, which is some trick in itself, but how can you die and still be alive and planning to return? Where is the sacrifice?

That was the question. I will add to it. If the wages of a person's sin is an eternal death and punishment in Hell, . . . why have a finite event, being the "killing of a physical body"?

Orion said:
This question was brought up in aother forum I go to, and I said that I would ask here.

The Bible says Jesus is God and sits at the right hand of God, which is some trick in itself, but how can you die and still be alive and planning to return? Where is the sacrifice?

That was the question. I will add to it. If the wages of a person's sin is an eternal death and punishment in Hell, . . . why have a finite event, being the "killing of a physical body"?

Who said Christ died????? Christ defeated death......

NIGHTMARE said:

Christ died, then was RESURRECTED. That is how he defeated death.

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6 (ESV)

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us Romans 5:8 (ESV)

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,... 1 Corinthians 15:3 & 4 (ESV)

Orion said:

Simply because GOD has decided that death/blood is required for payment of sin.
Its His board and His rules. We either accept it or we dont. :)

caromurp said:
NIGHTMARE said:

Christ died, then was RESURRECTED. That is how he defeated death.

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6 (ESV)

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us Romans 5:8 (ESV)

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,... 1 Corinthians 15:3 & 4 (ESV)

Yes Christ died in the flesh but Christ himself never was really dead while his body lay in the tomb He was busy preaching.....

I will relate these comments to the other site and give feedback as well.

follower of Christ said:

I thought he did not want the sacrifice of bulls and goats, but wanted a contrite heart? :gah

Besides, how is the death of a limited, physical, and finite body payment for what is an eternity of punishment? I am not seeing how the finite covers the infinite.

caromurp said:
The sacrifice is that God himself took on the sin of the world so that we could be redeemed.

Where does it say that he took on the sins of the world, and for how long did that last? Even so, how is it a sacrifice? He didn't remain in any state of unpleasantness, but went back to Heaven.

Orion said:
I will relate these comments to the other site and give feedback as well.

follower of Christ said:

I thought he did not want the sacrifice of bulls and goats, but wanted a contrite heart? :gah

Besides, how is the death of a limited, physical, and finite body payment for what is an eternity of punishment? I am not seeing how the finite covers the infinite.

caromurp said:
The sacrifice is that God himself took on the sin of the world so that we could be redeemed.

Where does it say that he took on the sins of the world, and for how long did that last? Even so, how is it a sacrifice? He didn't remain in any state of unpleasantness, but went back to Heaven.
Theres a lot more man didnt know in the Old covenant..
For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure.
Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'" When he said above, "You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law), then he added, "Behold, I have come to do your will."
He does away with the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
(Hebrews 10:4-12 ESV)
Apparently Jesus' sacrifice did what no animal sacrifice could ever do.

Orion doesn't believe in the atoning death of Christ. Nightmare doesn't believe Jesus even died, or in the second coming of Christ. I'm sure if I read more of your posts I would find out more. So, I was just wondering do you believe that satan will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity. I'm definitely happy about that one. I most certainly believe it.
Caromurp are you sure this is not statement of faith time, for some.

You are just beginning to scratch the surface justvisiting.

Orion said:

1 Peter 2:24--Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed. (KJV)

westtexas said:
Orion said:

1 Peter 2:24--Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed. (KJV)

How was our sins placed on him? And why is it ONLY the sins of those who believe? His "sacrifice" doesn't cover the unsaved.

Sure it does, but not unless they accept it. His grace is sufficient for the whole world, but sadly many do not have faith.

Orion said:
Why institute animal sacrifice then, if it was worthless?
You'll have to ask God.
Maybe He just wanted to see if we'd fall for it :nono

justvisiting said:
Orion doesn't believe in the atoning death of Christ. Nightmare doesn't believe Jesus even died, or in the second coming of Christ.
Well that would explain some things.
I guess I just assume with folks till they say something obviously wrong.

So, I was just wondering do you believe that satan will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity. I'm definitely happy about that one. I most certainly believe it.
I absolutely believe that to be what scripture shows.

Orion said:
westtexas said:
Orion said:

How was our sins placed on him? And why is it ONLY the sins of those who believe? His "sacrifice" doesn't cover the unsaved.
Can I ask a question ?
Are your inquiries serious or are you just trying to get into this same old 'critical thinking' nonsense that doesnt really want an answer but instead is only about what I call the Perpetual Question ?

If your questions are sincere, fine. If its just to keep going in circles and no answer is going to suffice, then please let us know now so I can ignore your posts from now on.

caromurp said:
Sure it does, but not unless they accept it. His grace is sufficient for the whole world, but sadly many do not have faith.

Not so. It DOESN'T cover their sins. If it DID, . . . they wouldn't have to accept it. It would be automatic. If Christ died for ALL sins, past, present, and future, then the only thing that damns people is not making the right decision. And if that's a sin, . . . is that one covered? If it is, . . . then why are they damned?

The fact is, any "sacrifice" is powerless against the will of a finite, fallible human being.

follower of Christ said:
Orion said:
Why institute animal sacrifice then, if it was worthless?
You'll have to ask God.
Maybe He just wanted to see if we'd fall for it :nono

Why don't you ask him for me. You seem to be on the friends list. :gah

And the question IS valid. Why would God set up a ritualistic killing of animals when it was worthless? How about seeing this as something that MAN set up, thinking it was what God wanted?

I will start another thread on that thought.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back