Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which part of you is God (if any) ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Here..........look it up in the Greek. It in fact says you will be elohiym In the original it is much stronger than the KJV. The ASV is the more correct translation here.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... JV#conc/16

Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God.
Exo 4:17 And thou shalt take in thy hand this rod, wherewith thou shalt do the signs.

Moses was "as God" because he in fact did do the wonders of God. The wonders came through Moses. He had to lift his staff. God could have done it by Himself, but He chose not to. He chose to make Moses like God and to allow Moses to work the miracles.

We see this again at the Red Sea:

Exo 14:15 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.
Exo 14:16 And lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thy hand over the sea, and divide it:

LOL, Moses was crying to the Lord and God said: Hey Moses, just go out there and you part that sea !

When God dwells in the believer, anything is possible for that believer.

Exo 4:16 ????H1696 ???H1931 ?? ??H413 ???H5971 ????H1961 ???H1931 ????H1961 ?? ???H6310 ????H859 ????H1961 ?? ???????H430

You can look it up in Strongs : there is no instead of God to be found in this verse.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
He is bringing all of the body into unity, and it's the body that does greater things than Jesus did. Jesus was constrained to one place at a time. The body is spread over the whole earth sharing the Gospel with the unsaved. That has been the way since He left and gave us the Holy Spirit. The last thing the body needs is spiritual pride...thinking a part of the body is given some special power and the rest of the body is left behind. One body...One Spirit...One Lord.

Actually the Bible does not say we will do more than Jesus did , because we will be more people. The Bible says we will do greater things. The last day miracles will be greater than those that Jesus did.

We are the new House that is being built by God.

Hag 2:9 The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, saith Jehovah of hosts; and in this place will I give peace, saith Jehovah of hosts.
The "last days" is speaking of the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
The last days are the entire church age from Pentecost to the second coming.
Hebrews 1:2 said:
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Here, Peter makes it clear the power came to the church with the coming of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:1-4 said:
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Acts 2:12-15 said:
And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
These are the last days spoken of by the prophets...these are the dreams and visions and signs and wonders some claim are yet to come. Peter tells us the time came at Pentecost.
Acts 2:16-21 said:
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Cornelius said:
:amen
Abiding in Christ and He in you and nothing will be impossible!

Matthew 19:26
And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Cornelius said:
Exo 4:16 ????H1696 ???H1931 ?? ??H413 ???H5971 ????H1961 ???H1931 ????H1961 ?? ???H6310 ????H859 ????H1961 ?? ???????H430

You can look it up in Strongs : there is no instead of God to be found in this verse.

I can read many versions as well as Strongs.

You are able to read the context, aren't you?
It's very clear Moses and Aaron were the messengers of God and Pharoah knew it quite well.
Read the verses before and after that speak of God's words being put in their mouths.
To take two words and claim God was saying Moses was a god to Pharoah ignores the entire context of the message. You certainly don't see Pharoah reading into it what you do. He did not consider Moses and Aaron anything more than God's mouthpieces...just goes to show you that he did not think of them as Gods so what you're claiming is simply wrong. :yes

Cornelius said:
Here..........look it up in the Greek. It in fact says you will be elohiym In the original it is much stronger than the KJV. The ASV is the more correct translation here.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... JV#conc/16

Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God.
Exo 4:17 And thou shalt take in thy hand this rod, wherewith thou shalt do the signs.

Moses was "as God" because he in fact did do the wonders of God. The wonders came through Moses. He had to lift his staff. God could have done it by Himself, but He chose not to. He chose to make Moses like God and to allow Moses to work the miracles.

We see this again at the Red Sea:

Exo 14:15 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.
Exo 14:16 And lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thy hand over the sea, and divide it:

LOL, Moses was crying to the Lord and God said: Hey Moses, just go out there and you part that sea !

The same word elohiym is used for the judges, unrighteous or unrighteous, and for false gods.
You must take the context into consideration. Picking two words out of context to claim Pharoah would see Moses and Aaron as gods is simply wrong.

I'm not sure why you insist on giving glory to man for what God does.
The power is God's and God's alone. We are but the messenger...the vehicle for His power.

There are indeed the last days of the Apostels and then there are the last days of our era. That is why Peter speak of "these" last days and Paul speaks of the end of ages (plural) They were at the end of their age, which ended in 70 AD.

1Co 10:11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition,[u] upon whom the ends of the ages (not world as KJV translates, how can the world have 'ends[/u]" plural?) are come.

The world have "ages" and the Bible clearly speaks of all of them. We are in the age when the latter rain or latter outpouring will come.

Jas 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient over it, until it receive the early
(Pentecost) and latter rain. (On the morning of the "third day" where we are now )

We are now "on the morning of the third day" when the last outpouring will come.

glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:

It's very clear Moses and Aaron were the messengers of God and Pharoah knew it quite well.
Read the verses before and after that speak of God's words being put in their mouths.
To take two words and claim God was saying Moses was a god to Pharoah ignores the entire context of the message. You certainly don't see Pharoah reading into it what you do. He did not consider Moses and Aaron anything more than God's mouthpieces...just goes to show you that he did not think of them as Gods so what you're claiming is simply wrong. :yes

The point which you miss all the time, is that God is well and able to walk IN MAN. He is well and able to take this vessel of flesh and turn into more than it is. His will is that we walk in His power. His will is that we rule over the curse and sin. His will is to be IN US . Not in some religious way that means nothing ! Not in some way that the world cannot even see Him in us ! No, He will live in some believers to the utmost. He will fill them with Himself. He will manifest Himself in and through them.

God wants to possess us. He does not want ANY of your flesh left over. He wants it all dead and crucified. ALL that must be left in us is Christ (GOD)
Its all about HIM. Salvation in the end even has nothing to do with us. We are unimportant, we are only the vessels for His glory. Christ is all that is important.

God is not interested in "renovating" our beat up lives into something that He can take to heaven. No, He wants you dead. He has given the believer a NEW life, a NEW creation has happened: Christ.

I am sorry to say this again and again, but Christ is God.God is not going to share His glory with you. He is only going to share His glory with CHRIST in you.Rom 8:9......... But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. That is why we all must MANIFEST Christ as the Fruit in our lives , or we are none of His indeed.

Only Christ goes to heaven , because its only Christ that came down from heaven : Joh 3:13 And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, even the Son of man, who is in heaven. NO ONE but Christ.

glorydaz said:
The power is God's and God's alone. We are but the messenger...the vehicle for His power.

Exactly , but we are not to just SAY this. We are to LIVE this. Show me the power of God in you to live and rule over sin and the curse. Show me God in you, by living like Jesus. Show me how the sick gets healed when you lay your hands on them. Show me how demons flee from Christ in you, when you set the people free.

So when we are Christ-like. Does that mean that we are sweet and nice and forgiving? Or does it mean that all the power of God dwells within us?

Psa 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psa 8:5 For thou hast made him but little lower than God,('?lôh??ym) And crownest him with glory and honor.
Psa 8:6 Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet:

If ALL THINGS are under the feet of man, what is not under his feet ?

As vessels of the Holy Spirit, I think we should be sweet and nice...

KJV said:
Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

...and forgiving, of course:

KJV said:
Matthew 6:14-15 "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:

The point which you miss all the time, is that God is well and able to walk IN MAN. He is well and able to take this vessel of flesh and turn into more than it is. His will is that we walk in His power. His will is that we rule over the curse and sin. His will is to be IN US . Not in some religious way that means nothing ! Not in some way that the world cannot even see Him in us ! No, He will live in some believers to the utmost. He will fill them with Himself. He will manifest Himself in and through them.

God wants to possess us. He does not want ANY of your flesh left over. He wants it all dead and crucified. ALL that must be left in us is Christ (GOD)
Its all about HIM. Salvation in the end even has nothing to do with us. We are unimportant, we are only the vessels for His glory. Christ is all that is important.

God is not interested in "renovating" our beat up lives into something that He can take to heaven. No, He wants you dead. He has given the believer a NEW life, a NEW creation has happened: Christ.

I am sorry to say this again and again, but Christ is God.God is not going to share His glory with you. He is only going to share His glory with CHRIST in you.Rom 8:9......... But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. That is why we all must MANIFEST Christ as the Fruit in our lives , or we are none of His indeed.

Only Christ goes to heaven , because its only Christ that came down from heaven : Joh 3:13 And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, even the Son of man, who is in heaven. NO ONE but Christ.

You are a presumptuous man. How dare you tell me what I miss when you are so far off the mark?
Your boasting is getting very old, and your claims of seeing people walk on water make me see exactly where you are coming from. You need yourself a little dose of humility, and I'm thinking it's time the Lord deals out some chastening for your proud spirit. To tell you the truth, your flesh is showing, and it isn't a pretty sight. Just climb down off that pedestal you've placed yourself on and join the human race. All this talk of becoming gods has gone to your head. :biglaugh

"Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God." ASV

("as God")

Genesis 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. KJV

(as gods)

"Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. KJV

-------------

summary: ASV is bad food

eat it and your eyes will be opened to the knowledge of a "god that says you alone can be your own authority to decide between good and evil"

The mystery of Christ and the church deserves better than that, it's not the mystery of Babylon. Without any discernment both get mixed.

besides, the usage of 'Elohim' in this one is interesting:

Psalms 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2  How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3  Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4  Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5  They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6  I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7  But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8  Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

There is God, and there are some that are gods; even are children of the most High, yet will fall like one of the princes.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:

Exactly , but we are not to just SAY this. We are to LIVE this. Show me the power of God in you to live and rule over sin and the curse. Show me God in you, by living like Jesus. Show me how the sick gets healed when you lay your hands on them. Show me how demons flee from Christ in you, when you set the people free.

Oh yes, the mighty healer walks among us. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had your great power and wisdom? I'll give you this...you do SAY a great deal. Now if we could just see some sign that you had a servant's attitude we might be able to give some credence to some of that boasting. Jimmy Swaggart comes to mind... :thumb

You see...people can say whatever they want on the internet, but from the abundance of the heart the mouth does rattle on. ;)

Cornelius said:
mutzrein said:
Why such sarcasm?
:tongue Hi brother how are you ?

Not to worry, I do not take offense at his posts. Sometimes a conversation just breaks down.

Good on ya mate. I'm well - late in the evening and this is my last post tonight.

Strange fruit though :gah

glorydaz said:
Oh yes, the mighty healer walks among us.

I will answer you, even though I do not think you want an answer on that post of yours :)

Yes indeed the mighty Healer walks IN us. Christ in us the hope of glory. I can do nothing our of myself, but I have seen Jesus work a miracle THROUGH me. I have seen demons come out of people because Jesus dwells in me.He did it, not I. Its His power.

We can do nothing, but God can and does work miracles still through those who believe.

mutzrein said:
Cornelius said:
mutzrein said:
Why such sarcasm?
:tongue Hi brother how are you ?

Not to worry, I do not take offense at his posts. Sometimes a conversation just breaks down.

Good on ya mate. I'm well - late in the evening and this is my last post tonight.

Strange fruit though :gah
Sleep well. Its lunch time here in Africa and the Americans are about to start waking up :lol

Cornelius said:
We can do nothing, but God can and does work miracles still through those who believe.

In reality God does miracles through Christians even if they are only one day old in the Lord :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back