Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Very good, Bonnie, but not as good as this:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

Vince said:
Very good, Bonnie, but not as good as this:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld
:biglol. True.

Vince~ I do not think Rumsfield has anything on THIS man.

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
C. S. Lewis
:lol

Oh yeah~ excellent truth! And funny too!

Bonnie~

Very good, Bonnie. But not as good as this one:

"If I said yes, that would then suggest that that might be the only place where it might be done which would not be accurate, necessarily accurate. It might also not be inaccurate, but I'm disinclined to mislead anyone."

Donald Rumsfeld

Well, I'm all moved into my new house :)

Just got my internet service hooked up today so I' m back in the game!!

This is so bizarre, God is amazing. :yes

Good to hear from you again, Ruby.

Right now, Notre Dame, the team I love to hate, is beating Stanford by one point in the fourth quarter.

And Vince the swami predicts: No matter how the game turns out, Notre Dame will fire coach Charlie Weiss this week.

Excellent quote! :thumb Which calls for another...

Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
C. S. Lewis

:biggrin

Very good, SheIsHisOwn. But not as good as this one:

"It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -in Feb. 2003

Donald Rumsfeld

Here's a good one from C.S. Lewis I found today:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but becasue by it, I see everything else."

Another good quote, Nick. But not as good as this one:

"Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things."

Donald Rumsfeld

I guess the Calvinists get the last word. On the most successful Christian hate-site on the internet, Calvinists are the dominant posters. On another site, similar to this one, few people will post because Calvinists launch personal attacks on them when they do. And this site just shut down a good thread when Calvinists started making personal attacks on the author.

"Well, um, you know, something's neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said."

Donald Rumsfeld

I may have to give it up, Folks. I've run through his greatest quotes. For the record, yes, Donald Rumsfeld really did say all of these things.

Your sure know a lot about Donald Rumsfeld, Vince.

I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to quotes, I'll admit. So I'll just leave it like this:

"JESUS IS LORD"- by all those I will meet in Heaven someday. :salute

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back