Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who will live during the Millennium?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think you are missing my point,to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
Oh goody. please show us where it says that.

If you die without Christ,you still return to God,from whence you came,
No, scripture says "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) The spirit; that is breath, as in breath of life.

you will just be on the other side of the gulf as Jesus explained in the parable lazarus and the rich man.
I disagree, though I am glad you referred to it as a parable. ;-) There are other threads where this was discussed, so I have ne desire to carry it over to here.

vic C.
Oh goody. please show us where it says that.

II Corinthians 5:6 "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:"

II Corinthians 5:8 "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Paul is saying here that we are not afraid to face death, because when we pass from this flesh body we then will be, or are instantly present with the Lord.

No, scripture says "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) The spirit; that is breath, as in breath of life.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it."

The spirit does not exist apart from the soul.
The spirit is the intellect of the soul, that gives the soul its identity.

God creates the flesh body for your soul to occupy, and He places your spirit within your soul. That is what gives your soul its identity. Then just as God gave it for a brief time, He will take your soul back to Himself, when the flesh body stops having life.

I disagree, though I am glad you referred to it as a parable. There are other threads where this was discussed, so I have ne desire to carry it over to here.

I understand you not wanting to carry this here so I will simply say that although it is a parable He explains exactly as it is in Heaven.

And if you don't believe this may I refer you to Revelation 6

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

The firstfruits will be resurrected to rulership in the Millennium.

The physical folk who remain, will live for the entire length of the 1000 years. Isaiah 65:22 "They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands." Trees can potentially live thousands of years.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

This verse shows that anyone dying at "only" a hundred years old will be considered "accursed". Today we call a 100 year old person exceptional and blessed, but in future, this will be like dying as an infant.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back