Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why are heretick so dangerous??

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Anaphora

Why are heretick so dangerous? Could it have connection to first Corinthians 3:3 and 3:4?. DICHOSTASIA in Greek means/ Divisions. Did these heretics establish denominations?. John 10:12, Jesus talks of difference between shepherds and hirelings? What's the difference??. I already know the answer. I'll let you work it out.

Why are heretick so dangerous? Could it have connection to first Corinthians 3:3 and 3:4?. DICHOSTASIA in Greek means/ Divisions. Did these heretics establish denominations?. John 10:12, Jesus talks of difference between shepherds and hirelings? What's the difference??. I already know the answer. I'll let you work it out.
Hi A
This really should be in bible study forum.
You could try reposting it there.
Also, I'd leave out your last sentence.
Everyone here knows the answer.
:)

Heretics have always been and will always be until the return of Christ. We either believe in the Doctrines of Christ for where is all truth, or we believe the doctrine that comes out from the 5000 different religions in the world. Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth to us if we truly have Spiritual ears to hear what the Spirit of God is teaching us.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus talks of difference between shepherds and hirelings? What's the difference??. I already know the answer. I'll let you work it out.
We would like to know your answer to this so we could have a better discussion and maybe learn from each other.

Hi A and for_his_glory

I'm wondering if our new member, Anaphora, means one particular person that is a heretic,
or if she means a heretical teaching. Maybe she'll let us know.

If one person believes something heretical, I don't think there's too much to do about it.
It saddens me that the belief might be passed on, but hopefully, if a Christian knows some teachings of their faith, they'll know that the person is passing on a false belief.

If church teaches heresies, that's a different story for me, at least.
This means that a whole population is being taught something wrong.
For instance, the Assembly of God denomination teaches that we don't have the Holy Spirit unless we speak in tongues as proof. I don't speak in tongues - so am I not being accompanied by the Holy Spirit? Is He not dwelling within me to some degree or other?

So, yes, basically I think heresies could harm a person's faith.
Some more than others...

What it boils down to if what is being taught us does not line up with scripture then you know they are false teaches. So many try to get by with a couple verses to prove their points, but neglect the full context and picking out the parts they think support what they say.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Joh n 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

i assume im a heretic.
And im a danger to the cult brainwashing because i point out obvious flaws in christian theology.

For example jesus came to earth and was tortured for our sins then crucified.
The foundation of christianity if im not mistaken.

But jesus only came as a man in body.
He had the mind of god.
Obviously you can suffer any torment if you have the mind of god.
You wouldnt feel them.

I really have to wonder how so many smart men studied christian theology and didnt notice this obvious flaw.

Proof that he had the mind of god being that he knew judas would betray him long before he did.
i have the mind of a man and its impossible for me to do that.
And the various other things jesus knew that he couldnt possibly know if he had the mind of a man
Thus the foundation of christianity is a lie.

But thats ok. Im sure jesus wont point that out to you.
And christians have had 2000 years to notice but somehow havent
We're all dumb and in need of a crutch.
God makes a wonderful crutch.

What's your crutch?

cigarettes, lemon solo, KFC and of course cricket
and spiritually i cling to the vague hope of obliteration in the hereafter suggested by the lake of fire.
Which is either eternal torture or obliteration. I know not which.

Its an evil thing to do in my opinion to not have an off switch.
Even an eternity of wonderful things would soon pall
What's lemon solo?
I think you must know that some christian type persons believe in annihilation.
If a person is "saved" he goes to heaven.
If he's "lost" he gets annihilated.
Sounds convenient.

i assume im a heretic.
And im a danger to the cult brainwashing because i point out obvious flaws in christian theology.

For example jesus came to earth and was tortured for our sins then crucified.
The foundation of christianity if im not mistaken.

But jesus only came as a man in body.
He had the mind of god.
Obviously you can suffer any torment if you have the mind of god.
You wouldnt feel them.

I really have to wonder how so many smart men studied christian theology and didnt notice this obvious flaw.

Proof that he had the mind of god being that he knew judas would betray him long before he did.
i have the mind of a man and its impossible for me to do that.
And the various other things jesus knew that he couldnt possibly know if he had the mind of a man
Thus the foundation of christianity is a lie.

But thats ok. Im sure jesus wont point that out to you.
And christians have had 2000 years to notice but somehow havent
You are an expert I see.

You are not a danger or hindrance to Christians.

We pray for you

thats a lovely sentiment elected but im afraid the die was cast thousands of years before i existed.
According to the bible our eternal destination has been written long before we're a twinkle in our father's eye.
And jesus wont be moved no matter how fervently you pray for it.

What is there left for us to do?
My nature is my nature.
i wouldnt consider myself evil but im not good either, so i suppose i deserve hellfire if you believe the whole jesus story
What makes you so certain that you know your eternal destination?

Do you have proof?

Grace and peace to you.

thats a lovely sentiment elected but im afraid the die was cast thousands of years before i existed.
According to the bible our eternal destination has been written long before we're a twinkle in our father's eye.
And jesus wont be moved no matter how fervently you pray for it.

What is there left for us to do?
My nature is my nature.
i wouldnt consider myself evil but im not good either, so i suppose i deserve hellfire if you believe the whole jesus story
I see the reformed faith has gotten to you.
How unfortunate.

i was refferring to the bible which i studied in my 20s. i dont know what the reformed faith is
Did you know that a lot of persons lose their faith at some point.
Precisely for the reason that you stated.
It just sounds silly.
And it really does.

It just seems sillier to me that everything just came about all on it's very own.

sadly my basic reasoning of christianity was censored earlier so i dont know how to get around that.
Perhaps somone read it before being deleted
It sounded like an attack.
Say how you feel in a nice way.

let me ask you something....
How did everything get here?

Back