Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why did Adam fail in the garden of Eden?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

This is told by a Mississippi redneck so consider the source.
Why? Let’s see about Adam:
He was a keeper of the garden (a hoe hand)
He had a helper: Eve
He was not in charge of Eve
He was the first born man.
Adam was created as a very good ole soul boy.
To live forever he had to follow the rules and eat from the tree of life .

What Adam was not:
He was not filled with the Holy Spirit
His name was not written in the Lambs book of life.
There is one name under heaven to have salvation under.

What was yet to come:
The second Adam was not born yet. The quickening spirit to come (Jesus) had not not started to be developed yet. The quickening spirit to come (Jesus) was yet to be born of a Virgin (as the only begotten son of God). His ministry gifts had not been demonstrated. The quickening spirit to be (Jesus) had not called his disciples. The disciples had not believed yet.

After the disciples believed in Jesus ( received the quickening spirit) they still had not received the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit was actually needed for Adam to:
Identify Satan in the Serpent
Rebuke (cast away the serpents work)
Teach / restore fallen Eve
Preach Jesus
Have the Holy Spirit to lead himself into all truth, and
lead coming generations into eternal life through belief in Jesus Christ.

Adam was a good ole boy, but he was not spirit filled.

That is why Adam failed to do right in the garden.

Now today the resurrection / final trump is not yet come. We are awaiting perfection , but the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to do better than Adam. We may have to be corrected, pruned, and fully acknowledge it is the power of God that does the work and not ourselves.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Psalms 8:4 kjv
4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5. For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7. All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8. The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9. O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Man fell even from his first position.
But
Through the born of the spirit new man, things are better.

You must be born again.

eddif

Hebrews 1:14 kjv
14. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

God did have a plan for mankind.

I have been so stupid in life at times. I would have been dead before I made it to salvation, but angels kept me alive in the face of serious accidents.

eddif

Gen 2:7-9; 16-18; 21-25

Let's start with Genesis about the creation of Adam first before God created Eve from the rib bone of Adam. Note the commandment, being the first one, given to Adam in vs. 16-17. God's command was that Adam was not to eat from the tree of good and evil. When God told Adam he would surely die if he ate from that tree, God did not mean Adam would physically die that day, but would lose that Spiritual fellowship he had with God.

Now let's go to vs. 23 this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Woman is from the Old English word for wife. The "wo" in the word woman is a prefix meaning "out of" as Eve was created out of the rib of Adam as they were both equal to each other. Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh. A man is to cleave, stay close, to his wife. So we see by that verse Adam and Eve were one, because she was taken out of Adam as again, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh.

Interesting in vs. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. They were not ashamed as they had no knowledge about what it was to be naked.

Now simply we read in Genesis 3 about the fall of Adam and Eve allowing themselves to believe the lie of the serpent (Satan). Why did Adam and Eve fail in being disobedient to God's first commandment made to man, Genesis 2:16-17, because there eyes were now opened to the good and the evil and they both fell to the evil lust of the eye taking that which God told both of them not to partake of. They both tried to hide from the voice of God in the garden, but God knew what they had done.

Even though they lost the privilege of staying in the garden and now all things of that good please would now be a curse to them God forgave them making coats of skin, which would be the first blood sacrifice for sin, as the second Adam, Christ Jesus, was made the last blood sacrifice for our sin in all who will believe in His name.

Now the sin nature as been passed down through every generation that all will know the difference between good and evil and the tree of life will be found in the New Jerusalem, Rev 22, as the tree of life there is for the healing of all nations (people).

because there eyes were now opened to the good and the evil and they both fell to the evil lust of the eye taking that which God told both of them not to partake of. They both tried to hide from the voice of God in the garden, but God knew what they had done.
And right here is the point I try to make over and over.
1 Corinthians 12:10 kjv
10. To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

The discerning of spirits ( a spiritual gift) was not in Adam from creation. If Adam would have continued to listen to God in the cool of the evening, God may have gotten to telling Adam about knowing good from evil, but that is pure speculation on my part.

What we do see is Adam got the knowledge of good and evil from his transgression and did not previously receive the gift mentioned in the Corinthians verse (at his creation.)

The spiritual gifts appeared gradually. IMHO they began mainly to develop during the prophets. Adam seems oblivious to the spiritual gifts.

Some people do believe Adam was baptized in the Holy Spirit at creation. I hear that from many people. What I read is;
Adam became a living soul. He had a body and got a mind will, and emotions when Ruach ha Qadesh breathed life into Adam.

It was Pentecost before general mankind received the Holy Spirit. John the Baptist was an exception.

I have given some examples to explain why Adam failed. I will keep seeking more witnesses.

We do not go back to the principles of Christ Hebrews 6 but go on to perfection. I had a physical birth, but moved on to a spiritual birth. The second Adam (Jesus) is the first born of the dead.

Did we get anywhere? Am I bucking some book of church order? I have been handed one and said this is what we believe. No discussion allowed. Down the street I may have been received with open arms. LOL

eddif

We are ever studying and ever learning. I can not see there being any Spiritual gifts when Adam was in the garden like that of what we read in 1 Corinthians 12 , but there was a first commandment God gave him that he disobeyed.

We are ever studying and ever learning. I can not see there being any Spiritual gifts when Adam was in the garden like that of what we read in 1 Corinthians 12 , but there was a first commandment God gave him that he disobeyed.
So two paths to take.

Path 1.
We go back under the law and depend on works of the law for salvation.

Path 2
We realize Jesus and the Holy Spirit can lead us , discipline us, and it is not about us doing things. We teach people to confess sins and God will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The quickening spirit of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of power do the work.

The Jew and Gentile are formed into one new man. Our direction of study is not on the first Adam nut on the second Adam.

For_His_Glory was confused about why Adam sinned. I answered IMHO the reason he did not do the right thing.

I say move on to the new and better covenant, but learn we need to be a new creation.
Not original created man
Not man under the law
But born again and empowered man made out of Jew and Gentile.

The Holy Spirit would sure have to help me do that thread. I sure realize I am not capable of doing it with my carnal mind.

If Jew and Gentile are blended, then male and female, rich and poor, bond and free can be addressed also.

eddif

Last edited:
So two paths to take.

Path 1.
We go back under the law and depend on works of the law for salvation.

Path 2
We realize Jesus and the Holy Spirit can lead us , discipline us, and it is not about us doing things. We teach people to confess sins and God will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The quickening spirit of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of power do the work.

The Jew and Gentile are formed into one new man. Our direction of study is not on the first Adam nut on the second Adam.

For_His_Glory was confused about why Adam sinned. I answered IMHO the reason he did not do the right thing.

I say move on to the new and better covenant, but learn we need to be a new creation.
Not original created man
Not man under the law
But born again and empowered man made out of Jew and Gentile.

The Holy Spirit would sure have to help me do that thread. I sure realize I am not capable of doing it with my carnal mind.

If Jew and Gentile are blended, then male and female, rich and poor, bond and free can be addressed also.

eddif
The law had no saving provision within all 613 laws. Salvation, even in the OT has always come by faith in God and now under a better covenant of God's grace through faith in Christ in whom we believe and confess as Lord and Savior.

I was never confused why Adam sinned, but explained how he failed God in disobedience.

For the rest of your post we are in agreement.

The law had no saving provision within all 613 laws. Salvation, even in the OT has always come by faith in God and now under a better covenant of God's grace through faith in Christ in whom we believe and confess as Lord and Savior.

I was never confused why Adam sinned, but explained how he failed God in disobedience.

For the rest of your post we are in agreement.
We are in total agreement then.
Why?
Because it we went back to the law we would have no hope for eternal life. There is no righteousness under the law.

The Jew and Gentile that are made into one new man are both made into one new Christian man by Christ Jesus who set aside the law that separated them.

We good,

Best I remember Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not mentioned in the 613 laws. Not that just mentioning them would make them right.

eddif

The law winds up written in the hearts and minds of the one new man, but the higher meaning of the law, and not the letter of the law.

Sacrificial lamb = Jesus
First fruit = Jesus
Atonement = Jesus

Jesus fulfilled all the law.

eddif

Do you mean before he fell? How could he not have it? He was created in God's image and had not fell yet.
Do not panic. I remember your belief that Adam was super Adam. Able to translate across distance?

The imiagery I actually find is physical.
Romans 1: 18-20

The natural heart pacemaker looks like a crucified man - the hidden man of the heart

In the kidney, right above the loop of Henley, there seems to be a snake mounted on a pole - the way toxins are removed from the body. Jesus had his reins (kidneys pierced in his beating. Jesus mounted on a cross bore our sins if we look to his sacrifice and believe for healing.
In Revelation 4 :
24 elders bow before the throne. In our body 24 rind bow before the hidden man of our heart. The cartilage ribbons that go from the rib tips to the breast bone leave prints on the breastbone that is made to look like a crown

Imagery is symbolism. We are a lining being that symbolically speaks of Christ in us the hope of
glory. Not the supernatural acts like God but the symbols like God is.

I can give one symbol that goes in the way you think. At babel mankind said we will build a tower that reaches to heaven (The power of words). But. Man’s words take man’s efforts to complete. God wants us to speak his words to have things to happen. We do have imagery of speaking but it is not a reality man was created with.

Do you get a glimmer of what I am speaking of, or do I need to start a thread (Made In The Image Of God)

Adam in the garden does not seem to show him having:
A word of knowledge
A word of wisdom
Discerning of spirits
Healing ( was anything sick —-YET)
Casting out demons

In the garden Adam was a living soul. IMHO he was not a quickened spirit with supernatural powers. If he had been a spiritual giant IMHO he would have said:
Eve I perceive you have fallen into sin
I cast out the spirit of evil inside you
I perceive Lucifer has overtaken the serpent and deceived you. ( I have seen it in a vision)
I have been led into truth and have prayed to resist this evil that is coming against us.

I see no evidence of a supernatural Adam, but I do see images of the New Jerusalem in ou physical body. Not the evidence of the New Jerusalem, but the imagery of the New Jerusalem. Our cerebellum looks like a tree planted on either side of a river clear as crystal.

Strange huh.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 15:45 kjv
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The first Adam in Eden:
Adam was made a living soul.
He had a body
He could think
He could decide what to do ( will)
He had Emotions (desires / hunger )

The last Adam (Jesus)
He had a body
He could know the will of the Father
He could set aside his will
He had compassion for others
He preformed supernatural works by his Fathers power

The first Adam passed on his sin to his offspring

The second Adam / Jesus made his spirit available to man:
He stands at our door and knocks, if you hear his boice and open the door he comes into us as a quickening spirit. We are made alive.

Revelation 3:20

We are born like the first Adam.

If we realize / confess or sin
Hear the Gospel and believe in Jesus
We will receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus

The Holy Spirit can come at salvation or later if we have not heard about the Holy Spirit when we accept Jesus as Lord.

Do we accept tradition, or do we read the Bible to make
our decisions.

eddif

Do you mean before he fell? How could he not have it? He was created in God's image and had not fell yet.
Are we not all created in the image of God as He created all of us knitting us together in our mothers womb? One has to define what that image of God is and IMO I would say the image is love, but yet having the nature to sin when we were born now because of Adams fall I can't see how we were born having God's Holy Spirit in us at birth.

Veneration of the dead - ancestor worship

I guess I am lucky, my ancestors have some drunks and fornicators not far removed. They are also
All dead.

Luke 20:38 kjv
38. For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

I do not look among the dead for someone to worship, but I find Jesus alive at the right hand of the Father.

You find a lot of people speaking of god during our present troubles. Some of these are ancestor worshipers. If we do not watch out we will hold the first Adam in high regard. This first Adam is dead, because of sin (physically dead).

The last Adam (Jesus) is alive. Our God is alive. We do not try and find God among the dead.

If we do find one of our ancestors who was a believer he has his life through the living Jesus and not through the dead first Adam.

All this can be twisted and turned upside down. I serve a living savior. If anyone is to be saved it is in the name of Jesus.

Why do I mention this? I seem to find a law. If I will not give away what I have, I will not receive more by hoarding the little knowledge I have.

So I am just getting a little now, but as I press (post) I open the window for more ( if I am going to give that away too).
Will I probably sin someways during this? Regretfully yes. I do have an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous.

eddif

Do not panic. I remember your belief that Adam was super Adam. Able to translate across distance?

The imiagery I actually find is physical.
Romans 1: 18-20

The natural heart pacemaker looks like a crucified man - the hidden man of the heart

In the kidney, right above the loop of Henley, there seems to be a snake mounted on a pole - the way toxins are removed from the body. Jesus had his reins (kidneys pierced in his beating. Jesus mounted on a cross bore our sins if we look to his sacrifice and believe for healing.
In Revelation 4 :
24 elders bow before the throne. In our body 24 rind bow before the hidden man of our heart. The cartilage ribbons that go from the rib tips to the breast bone leave prints on the breastbone that is made to look like a crown

Imagery is symbolism. We are a lining being that symbolically speaks of Christ in us the hope of
glory. Not the supernatural acts like God but the symbols like God is.

I can give one symbol that goes in the way you think. At babel mankind said we will build a tower that reaches to heaven (The power of words). But. Man’s words take man’s efforts to complete. God wants us to speak his words to have things to happen. We do have imagery of speaking but it is not a reality man was created with.

Do you get a glimmer of what I am speaking of, or do I need to start a thread (Made In The Image Of God)

Adam in the garden does not seem to show him having:
A word of knowledge
A word of wisdom
Discerning of spirits
Healing ( was anything sick —-YET)
Casting out demons

In the garden Adam was a living soul. IMHO he was not a quickened spirit with supernatural powers. If he had been a spiritual giant IMHO he would have said:
Eve I perceive you have fallen into sin
I cast out the spirit of evil inside you
I perceive Lucifer has overtaken the serpent and deceived you. ( I have seen it in a vision)
I have been led into truth and have prayed to resist this evil that is coming against us.

I see no evidence of a supernatural Adam, but I do see images of the New Jerusalem in ou physical body. Not the evidence of the New Jerusalem, but the imagery of the New Jerusalem. Our cerebellum looks like a tree planted on either side of a river clear as crystal.

Strange huh.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

All of it is strange, lol. But what isn't. I kinda was following some of it but I don't all of what you were saying. Let's try this angle...

Psalm 104:1-2
104 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:.../

Ok so, God covers himself with light like it's a garment. No wonder everyone says He glows! Man was created in God's image, so in man's pre-fallen state it's reasonable to assume that he glowed in the same manner as God does. Why wouldn't they? And that also explains why Adam & Eve didn't know they were naked because they had garments of light.

They had to stop glowing when they fell and ate of the fruit because it was like their eyes were opened and they knew that they were naked cuz now they could see each other. So they stopped glowing at the fall.

And God's not the type of guy who would make you walk. Maybe if you turned your back on Him and did things your own way but before that, he wont make you walk! Sure they could translate before they fell. Strange perhaps but, makes sense to me.

Are we not all created in the image of God as He created all of us knitting us together in our mothers womb? One has to define what that image of God is and IMO I would say the image is love, but yet having the nature to sin when we were born now because of Adams fall I can't see how we were born having God's Holy Spirit in us at birth.

If God could cast a shadow, that is what man would look like. But in the image of means a little more than that, it also includes different aspects of God. Having God's characteristics in their general makeup. Not God's power, but clearly His little brother.

Ok so, God covers himself with light like it's a garment. No wonder everyone says He glows! Man was created in God's image, so in man's pre-fallen state it's reasonable to assume that he glowed in the same manner as God does. Why wouldn't they? And that also explains why Adam & Eve didn't know they were naked because they had garments of light.
If we had a night scope in the garden Adam could be seen. That is an image of the glow God had.

Jesus is the image of the godhead

Colossians 2:8 kjv
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Traditions may say Adam glowed
But
The Bible says Jesus was transfigured before some Disciples. Probably a lot more than the face of Moses, or the face of Stephen looking like an angels face.
Acts 6:15

It takes not reading the trusted commentary but reading the Bible. Not accepting eddif, but seeing what the Bible says.

You doing good.

eddif

Go ahead and start the other thread and we'll kick this around some more.

If we had a night scope in the garden Adam could be seen. That is an image of the glow God had.

Jesus is the image of the godhead

Colossians 2:8 kjv
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Traditions may say Adam glowed
But
The Bible says Jesus was transfigured before some Disciples. Probably a lot more than the face of Moses, or the face of Stephen looking like an angels face.
Acts 6:15

It takes not reading the trusted commentary but reading the Bible. Not accepting eddif, but seeing what the Bible says.

You doing good.

eddif

I've heard quite a few testimonies from different people about being taken up to visit God and none of them said you need a night scope.

After the fall, our spirit was pushed inside of us so we can't see it. No more glowing. But when Jesus transfigured in front of the thee Apostles and, shone bright like the sun...That's prolly exactly how Adam & Eve looked. And how we will look (again) in the future. :wink

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back