Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Why did God create bugs and insects ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tina

Why on earth did God create bugs, insects and rodents ? :chin

... when all we do when we meet them at home is get all squeamish and spray bugs spray on them, leaving them to die slow, painful death, rot and decay before scooping them into trash ... right before cleaning up the place with anti-bacteria detergent to get rid of the bad germs ....

:headbomb :rollingpin :armed :verysick

Duh! :screwloose

There had to be something for our ancestors with bad karma to reincarnate to! Duh. :biggrin

I would think there has to be a reason for each and every created thing He created, and they all do their part in the impacting others, ultimately the ecosystem.

But, I'm perfectly fine giving the world a try without mosquitoes and seeing how we do. :thumbsup

You kill bugs?

Anyways, spiders keep bugs in control. Bugs keep trash in control. Rodents keep trash in control.

They all have a purpose and the rodents and bugs of the world are like God's janitors for the most part.

I agree with Mike........... all of it. Even the "bad ancestors" part. :lol

Just kidding about that part. :seehearspeak

But yes, I'd like to give it a try to live without mosquitos as well. Or maybe the scientist can create mosquitos that are repelled by the smell of human blood. :chin (Vampire mosquitos? Garlic, anyone?)

I agree with Mike........... all of it. Even the "bad ancestors" part. :lol

Just kidding about that part. :seehearspeak

But yes, I'd like to give it a try to live without mosquitos as well. Or maybe the scientist can create mosquitos that are repelled by the smell of human blood. :chin (Vampire mosquitos? Garlic, anyone?)

the mosquitoes i could do without. as we have a west nile outbreak here in florida.

:lol Funny thread! Insects were created before the fall. I'm sure spiders then were more like Charlotte (the spider from Charlotte's Web) back then. All cute and helpful and friendly.

I have a running joke with the Lord. His 'pets' stay outside of my house, if they find their way into the house they get sent to heaven.

Coincidentally, I sent a spider to heaven when I got home. Yuck :shivers:

:lol Funny thread! Insects were created before the fall. I'm sure spiders then were more like Charlotte (the spider from Charlotte's Web) back then. All cute and helpful and friendly.

I have a running joke with the Lord. His 'pets' stay outside of my house, if they find their way into the house they get sent to heaven.

Coincidentally, I sent a spider to heaven when I got home. Yuck :shivers:
seldom do i kill spiders.

and we never mentioned the bees, wasp and hornets.
those are needed for alot of things.

seldom do i kill spiders.

and we never mentioned the bees, wasp and hornets.
those are needed for alot of things.

LOL, I don't like killing them either. But if there is no man to take the little critters out for me. Theys. gets. squished. :shrug

Interestingly, I have heard accounts of many Christians "speaking" to the insects to leave them alone and it works! (God gave Adam/mankind dominion over the land and everything in it!)

Here's one story:

Yard Rules

A few weeks ago I was walking my dogs and I was stung by a bee. I was telling my daughter about it when she questioned me. "How could that have happened? I thought you had an agreement with your bees?"

"But I wasn't on my own property" I said, "I was a few blocks away." She was referring to something I had done when I first moved into my house years before. Since the previous owner was an avid gardener I was delighted to inherit a lush array of flowers from early spring through frost.

I wasn't alone in my enjoyment of the garden. Bees galore visited every day and dined continuously on all the nectar. "That's fine" I thought. "I'm willing to share as long as they know who is boss." So I stood out in the center of my yard and made an announcement out loud.

"I am taking dominion over this yard. God has placed it in my hands and I have authority over it. You all may stay and enjoy the garden as long as you obey my commands and don't sting me." My daughters had a pretty good laugh over what they considered my incredible silliness. Maybe right now you're joining them.

But guess what? I've worked endless hours all over that garden for all these years and I've never been stung. I've commanded bees to move when needed and they always have. God said; "rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." (Genesis 1:28)

Who can argue with that? Not me and apparently not my bees!

Source: Daily Devotionals

It's cute.

Maybe we should all try to develop this in our own lives :lol

I don't kill bugs because they do not bother me at all.

OK, I kill flies of all kinds... oh, and I smack mesquites, but I swear it is in self-defense! :biggrin

How does that hymn go again?

All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all

The only bugs I kill are mosquitos. Because I'm allergic. But I try to wear repellant so I don't have to kill them either.

I do NOT kill spiders. I love spiders. I had a pet black widow once. Her name was Charlotte. She died. :/

This thread reminded me of a part of a biography called "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom.

It took place during the Holocaust. Her and he sister had been arrested for hiding Jews and the like. In the concentration camp, it happened to be infested with fleas. One night, her and her sister were praying and her sister said to thank God for everything. Corrie responded with, "Even the fleas?"
Her sister then said, "Yes, even the fleas."

As it turned out, what kept the officers from coming into their bunks and abusing them more was the massive amount of fleas.

The only bugs I kill are mosquitos. Because I'm allergic. But I try to wear repellant so I don't have to kill them either.

I do NOT kill spiders. I love spiders. I had a pet black widow once. Her name was Charlotte. She died. :/

in a redneck voice." them yankees are the skeeters favorites, and the florida state bird isnt the mocking bird, that's just a cover up for the real bird the skeeter!"

Rat is believed to prevent hair greying in China ..... Rat meat anyone ?? :biglol

And they eat everything from bugs, rodents, insects and scorpions ..... :verysick

Perhaps God created bugs and insects for chinese delicacy ! :chin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back