Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why insolvencies @ all-time high?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02022007/140/i ... -time.html

See http://www.bbc.co.uk http://www.tbn.org http://www.cbn.org

Global financial collapse is prophesied in Revelation 18:1-24

1After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2With a mighty voice he shouted:

"Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
She has become a home for demons

and a haunt for every evil[a] spirit,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.

3For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
"Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

5for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Mix her a double portion from her own cup.

7Give her as much torture and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
'I sit as queen; I am not a widow,
and I will never mourn.'

8Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

9"When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

" 'Woe! Woe, O great city,
O Babylon, city of power!
In one hour your doom has come!'

11"The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.

14"They will say, 'The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.' 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!'

"Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?'

19They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!

20Rejoice over her, O heaven!
Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets!
God has judged her for the way she treated you.' "

21Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:
"With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.

22The music of harpists and musicians, flute players and trumpeters,
will never be heard in you again.
No workman of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone

23The light of a lamp will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world's great men.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
and of all who have been killed on the earth."

See our new online Bible study aids as Jesus spoke more @ money than @ heaven

Proverbs 10-11 (& scattered thru Proverbs) - is much more too

Try prosper @ Bible Dictionaries/Handbooks/Concordance there

See also 2 Corinthians 8-9 ...

Ian

2 Corinthians 8

Generosity Encouraged

1And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.

3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own,

4they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.

5And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.

6So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part.

7But just as you excel in everythingâ€â€in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us[a]â€â€see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

8I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.

9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

10And here is my advice about what is best for you in this matter: Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so.

11Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.

12For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

13Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality.

14At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality,

15as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little."[b]

2 Corinthians 9

1There is no need for me to write to you about this service to the saints. 2For I know your eagerness to help, and I have been boasting about it to the Macedonians, telling them that since last year you in Achaia were ready to give; and your enthusiasm has stirred most of them to action.

3But I am sending the brothers in order that our boasting about you in this matter should not prove hollow, but that you may be ready, as I said you would be.

4For if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, weâ€â€not to say anything about youâ€â€would be ashamed of having been so confident.

5So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given.

Sowing Generously

6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

9As it is written:

"He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever."[a] 10Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

12This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

13Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

14And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.

15Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Footnotes:

2 Corinthians 9:9 Psalm 112:9

MrVersatile48 said:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02022007/140/insolvencies-hit-100-000-first-time.html

See http://www.bbc.co.uk http://www.tbn.org http://www.cbn.org

Global financial collapse is prophesied in Revelation 18:1-24
As is the call to come out of false religion, which promotes false doctrines such as the Catholic church has already infiltrated into almost every church on earth.

Since most people do not...study their Bibles to gain the truth of God, they are led astray by false doctrines, which lead to their own destruction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6323493.stm has many links, inc ..

How to manage debt Q&A 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3167639.stm

25-page debtor's diary :oops: :roll:

' Repossession' entries 14-15
' Payment deadline' entries 16-18
'Race against time' entries 19-20
'Creditor offer' entries 21-23
'Final thoughts' entries 24-25

DEBT HELP
Your credit rating explained
Q&A: How to manage debt
Interest-free deals laid bare
Adopting a budget plan
Golden rules of debt

TOOLS
Debt worries?
Take the Debt Test and get help and advice if you are in trouble

Take our Financial Healthcheck
Useful contacts

ASK THE EXPERT ON DEBT
Refused credit Ex's debts 1 Ex's debts 2 Credit history Credit cards 1 Credit cards 2 Bankruptcy

YOUR MONEY GUIDES
More on borrowing and debt

RELATED BBC LINKS
Borrowing and debt

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The Insolvency Service
Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Hope that helps, y'all :)

Ian :bday:

Jay T said:
As is the call to come out of false religion, which promotes false doctrines such as the Catholic church has already infiltrated into almost every church on earth.

Since most people do not...study their Bibles to gain the truth of God, they are led astray by false doctrines, which lead to their own destruction.

Hi J-T

Concise & succinct, dude! 8-)

Many threads relevant to your post are humourously linked here:- :wink:

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24079

See our new Online daily Bible reading devotionals folks :tongue

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... highlight=

& our new Online Bible study aids :angel:

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27408

Ian :-D

Jay T said:

Yes, and if you do a study, many of the false teachings that are rampant in today's society started in the mid-1800s. Check out the Christadelphia bunch started in 1840, and the Jehovahs Witnesses began in the 1852, and the Seventh-day Adventists began around 1863 after the Millerites wrongly guessed the return of Jesus in 1844, and Mormonism began in 1830 after the book of Mormon was completed, and Mary Baker Eddy with her establishment of the Christian Science bunch in 1875. These groups are very similar in their false teachings of Jesus Christ, Salvation, Eternal Life, Everlasting punishment, etc. etc. etc.

Solo said:
Yes, and if you do a study, many of the false teachings that are rampant in today's society started in the mid-1800s.

Check out the Christadelphian bunch started in 1840,

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27443

and the Jehovahs Witnesses began in the 1852,

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=23156

and the Seventh-day Adventists began around 1863 after the Millerites wrongly guessed the return of Jesus in 1844,

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=21357

and Mormonism began in 1830 after the book of Mormon was completed,

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=20832

and Mary Baker Eddy with her establishment of the Christian Science bunch in 1875.

These groups are very similar in their false teachings of Jesus Christ, Salvation, Eternal Life, Everlasting punishment, etc. etc. etc.[/quote]

Dude

I'm sure readers would love to see you start/add to threads on each of those here:-

http://www.christianforums.net/viewforum.php?f=20

I'll link any I find above, OK?

& I'm sure readers here can add to this short thread @ Freemasons

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=22369

Not yet found M-B Eddy..b]

Ian

Solo said:
Yes, and if you do a study, many of the false teachings that are rampant in today's society started in the mid-1800s. Check out the Christadelphia bunch started in 1840, and the Jehovahs Witnesses began in the 1852, and the Seventh-day Adventists began around 1863 after the Millerites wrongly guessed the return of Jesus in 1844, and Mormonism began in 1830 after the book of Mormon was completed, and Mary Baker Eddy with her establishment of the Christian Science bunch in 1875. These groups are very similar in their false teachings of Jesus Christ, Salvation, Eternal Life, Everlasting punishment, etc. etc. etc.
I agree.
Remember that satan is at WAR with God (Revelation 12:17), and he brought about many different things about that time so that people would be too confused to know what was God truth or not.

AND because people are too lazy to study their Bible and pray to God to show them what is reallyn the truth.....many (majority) are in error as the Bible says that the majority are in error......
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MANY = Sunday worship services.

FEW = 7th day Sabbath, the Lord's Day.

False religions ALWAYS go against God's commandments......

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jay T said:
I agree.
Remember that satan is at WAR with God (Revelation 12:17), and he brought about many different things about that time so that people would be too confused to know what was God truth or not.

AND because people are too lazy to study their Bible and pray to God to show them what is reallyn the truth.....many (majority) are in error as the Bible says that the majority are in error......
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MANY = Sunday worship services.

FEW = 7th day Sabbath, the Lord's Day.

False religions ALWAYS go against God's commandments......

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
When ever you get over the lie of satan concerning the Sabbath you will move forward with great spiritual growth, but until then you will remain lodged in the stronghold that satan is confusing you about.

When you realize that the Lord God died in your place after he became a man, and that the Lord God kept every commandment necessary to remain righteous to impute the same to his children, then you will be able to move into the greater truths available for you from God Himself.

Does God still have a covenant with the children of Israel?
Does God have a new covenant with believers of the Lord Jesus Christ?

What is the difference?

Solo said:
When ever you get over the lie of satan concerning the Sabbath you will move forward with great spiritual growth, but until then you will remain lodged in the stronghold that satan is confusing you about.
You forget ?
The Bible provides the test, of the Bible truth(s) I present......
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.
SDA's are described in the Bible, as those people who keep God's Law (Revelation 14:12)....thru their faith, in Jesus Christ.

Satan set up Sunday worship services, in opposition to the Lord's Day, the 7th day sabbath, as prophecied (Daniel 7:25).
When you realize that the Lord God died in your place after he became a man, and that the Lord God kept every commandment necessary to remain righteous to impute the same to his children, then you will be able to move into the greater truths available for you from God Himself.
YES....that Jesus Christ told Christians, to keep the 10 commandments, exactlly like He did.....
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

God DOES NOT save a person 'from' sin....so that they can keep right on continuing to sin !
Does God still have a covenant with the children of Israel?
Yes...it is called the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10).
AND, since Christians are Israel of today......

Romans 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.
Does God have a new covenant with believers of the Lord Jesus Christ?
Both the Old Covenant and the New Covenant has (and is) with Israel ONLY.
What is the difference?

The difference was that the people told God that they would keep His commandments.
They failed to do so, because they tried to do so in their own human strenght.

The New Covenant is God providing the strenght to keep the 10 commandments, not in human strenght, but by the grace of God.
GRACE...being God's free gift to obey what He says to do.....
Romans 1:5 "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name"

I'm sure Isaiah 55:1-9 fits OP

Invitation to the Thirsty

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.

5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00