Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why is it wrong to belive all go to heaven if they repent and follow ...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If someone is truly a wicked and evil person, then them repenting and receiving grace instead of punishment, doesn't seem just. The idea being that of Hitler had truly repented, all would be forgiven. It just doesn't sit well with people because they want justice.

If someone is truly a wicked and evil person, then them repenting and receiving grace instead of punishment, doesn't seem just. The idea being that of Hitler had truly repented, all would be forgiven. It just doesn't sit well with people because they want justice.
I truly doubt persons like Hitler could repent on their death bed. Their heart is so hard and wicked.

Do you think Chris Hitchins could have converted on his death bed?

I say no.

Do you think Chris Hitchins could have converted on his death bed?

I say no.
Who knows? He knew he was going to die. Even if you don't believe in God, you might as well just get everything off your chest and let the pieces fall where they may. I mean, why would you care anymore about your pride or ego? Or what people think about you? You're dead. It doesn't matter anymore.

He was adamant that any stories about a deathbed conversion, if they were true at all, would be the result of induced delirium, and thus, not really him. I like to think that he finally laid it all out in his mind. His issue was always more with religion. He despised it, but with God, I think he was more hurt than anything else.

He suffered a devastating loss early in his life. His mother committed suicide. I don't think he ever really got over it. Despite it all, he said that he was moved by the overwhelming support from Christians that wrote to him despite all of the nasty things he had said about them and their beliefs over the years.

Who knows? He knew he was going to die. Even if you don't believe in God, you might as well just get everything off your chest and let the pieces fall where they may. I mean, why would you care anymore about your pride or ego? Or what people think about you? You're dead. It doesn't matter anymore.

He was adamant that any stories about a deathbed conversion, if they were true at all, would be the result of induced delirium, and thus, not really him. I like to think that he finally laid it all out in his mind. His issue was always more with religion. He despised it, but with God, I think he was more hurt than anything else.

He suffered a devastating loss early in his life. His mother committed suicide. I don't think he ever really got over it. Despite it all, he said that he was moved by the overwhelming support from Christians that wrote to him despite all of the nasty things he had said about them and their beliefs over the years.
His brother also experienced a devastating loss....he's a Christian.

What he thought of religion is irrelevant. I don't care much for religion myself.
What IS important is that he either didn't believe God existed - which is my belief about him with all the talk about evil - or he detested God.

However it ended for him, only God knows.
What I do know is that a person cannot be saved after death.
I think you misspoke above or made a typo regarding this...or maybe not.
(highlighted by me above)

I would submit that anyone who thinks Our Lord dying is insufficient to cover the likes of Hitler or Pol Pot is not seeking justice, but revenge.

Let's see him do it before we discuss the ramifications.

Hey All,
Is not the thief on the cross next to Jesus our example?
He asked Jesus to forgive him as he, actually both of them, was/were dying on the cross.
The thief received salvation and assurance on the last day of his life.
So I do believe last minute repentance is real.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

More than likely, they really wouldn't find the truth at that point.........but that is where the mercy part comes in. Meaning, if there is any chance of it happening....that is between the person and God to figure out!

John 3:19-21 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

I would even go as far as to say that if you are not merciful, then you haven't submitted to the will of God. You have put yourself in the judgment seat and that is a slippery slope.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Josef made a really good point about the thief on the cross. How would we know the heart of those who repent and confess Christ as Lord and Savior as they are laying there dying as someone could be by their side witnessing Christ to them before it's to late.

Greetings "holy999",
can you say me it
I believe in repentance and forgiveness, but I do not accept everyone will be saved as you expressed in another thread, which I answered, but instead of responding there, you have started this thread.

i realized all is going to be saved.

Also I am a bit reticent to endorse your forum title, as the Most Holy was 10x10x10 and we must be careful when we associate ourselves with the Holy Things of God, as experienced by the two sons of Aaron, the two sons of Eli. and Uzziah the King. ALL will not be saved, and these are given us as examples of the need to be careful to observe what God has revealed. Please be careful and respect God's Holiness. Have a nice day !!

Kind regards
Trevor

1 Corinthians 10:1–14 (KJV): 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Back