Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why non-believers say to Christians to "keep it yourself"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It might be the christian speaking is offending the other by the way they speak.

Sometimes, but not always. Most times it is not how they speak but what they speak had truth in it and cut them to bone so to speak. Truth hurts as they say.

A lot of times I have seen christians speak something and it was called on the carpet as offensive by another...and 99 times out of 100 it is a woman who cries offense. Just an observation.

For me it's complex. I believe in liberal rights to one's own autonomy. Meaning that I think it's best to make it so people can practice their beliefs, however we need a system that also protects individuals who are of multiple faiths and points of view.

If I go into a church I expect to have to follow that Church's rules while there. If I want to apply for documents at the court house I expect it to treat everyone equally and not favor a specific faith(s). For example banning licenses for people who don't act in a certain Faith's interest.

In casual conversation I will talk about religion, but if a person insists I do what they want or submit to their beliefs I will make it clear I am not interested.

It's going to vary person to person.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back