Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Probably the most famous question in history is "why?".
Today's why has to do with our failure as a united group of Christians to meet the needs of a church member.
A church member had a sudden attack and ended up in the hospital.
A neighbor went to visit and found no one from his church there.
He got mad.
1. Why? - The church people didn't show up quickly for what could have been a life threatening moment.
2. Why? - Because people didn't know about it.
3. Why? - Because of lack of communication within the church.
4. Why? - Because no prayer chain or visitation was in place.
5. Why? - Because no one took the initiative to do it.

We see here a common problem within a Christian setting.
People do not take the initiative to get things done to serve God.
Do we have to wait for "someone else" to do it?
No, leadership starts with you.
Let your prayers be a pleasing aroma to God and do something today to help another.
Amen.

This is one symptom of what is wrong. That better than 98% of the membership I speak so much of do not feel led to contribute (because some are not saved and some have quenched the Spirit).

This really should be examined on a church by church basis. There are some churches that are very good at staying in communication with each other and will jump to support each other, while there are others (usually larger churches) where congregants seem to "fall through the cracks" and are overlooked quite a bit.

The best way to address these kinds of issues is to bring them up to the pastor/elders and provide a possible solution for the problem.

This really should be examined on a church by church basis. There are some churches that are very good at staying in communication with each other and will jump to support each other, while there are others (usually larger churches) where congregants seem to "fall through the cracks" and are overlooked quite a bit.

The best way to address these kinds of issues is to bring them up to the pastor/elders and provide a possible solution for the problem.
I would like to add to what you and the OP have said; namely, that if we start to seriously intercede for the health of our Churches, worldwide, then we will see an improvement in the problems suggested in the OP. I believe improvement will occur as a result of prayer--and consequently--Church revival. The ministry of prayer is foundational to all other ministries. So where is our Church's dedicated prayer meeting?. Why is it that in those Churches that do have dedicated prayer meetings, those prayer meetings are not given the priority of the Sunday meetings? Was it not initiating prayer that preceded and sparked the Great Awakenings and revivals in America's history. I know that it is a fact that the ministry and power of prayer is not fully understood, stressed nor seriously preached in many of our Churches. Do we want people to start caring more and helping others more in our Churches? Then we had better put that on our prayer lists, believing that no only will God raise up other Christians to pray for the same thing (prayer multiplied), but but that it is the Lord's will to answer our prayer. Many a great moves of God started with just one or more Christians seriously interceding.

My Christian life was radically altered when my prayer life was radically altered. Histories highly effective Christians all had something very important in common--they had developed superb prayer lives.

Oh dear Jesus, give us all superb prayer lives!

Last edited:
This problem is really a symptom of poor leadership, and can only be addressed head on.
I agree.
For a program to function well would require someone to coordinate. The needs on one side and the providers on the other. No one really wants to do this, or at least very few. Good leadership includes motivating people to do such jobs. Not everyone is a self-starter. We give lip service but very little is done overall.

Probably the most famous question in history is "why?".
Today's why has to do with our failure as a united group of Christians to meet the needs of a church member.
A church member had a sudden attack and ended up in the hospital.
A neighbor went to visit and found no one from his church there.
He got mad.
1. Why? - The church people didn't show up quickly for what could have been a life threatening moment.
2. Why? - Because people didn't know about it.
3. Why? - Because of lack of communication within the church.
4. Why? - Because no prayer chain or visitation was in place.
5. Why? - Because no one took the initiative to do it.

We see here a common problem within a Christian setting.
People do not take the initiative to get things done to serve God.
Do we have to wait for "someone else" to do it?
No, leadership starts with you.
Let your prayers be a pleasing aroma to God and do something today to help another.
Amen.
I'm sure you have not given us the entire story.
Was the person in the company of other Christians when he experienced the attack?
Was he in anyone's company when he had the attack?
Did the person have any family who were notified by the hospital of the attack who could then notify the church?
Did the attack render him unable to give contact information?

We cannot answer a question when we don't have all the facts. :shrug

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

I'm sure you have not given us the entire story.
Was the person in the company of other Christians when he experienced the attack?
Was he in anyone's company when he had the attack?
Did the person have any family who were notified by the hospital of the attack who could then notify the church?
Did the attack render him unable to give contact information?

We cannot answer a question when we don't have all the facts. :shrug

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.
And you never will.
The answers you seek are not relevant.
Besides, I don't have them.
The point is the 5 whys are an example of what could happen.
The main point is what is written below the 5 whys in the OP.

In a church setting, people fail to look after one another as God would want us to, always expecting someone else to do it.
I heard of a person who spent 3 years in a church that had great financial needs and was greatly challenged physically.
He never got any support from the church because he never came right out and begged for help.
No one recognized the problem because no one cared to look at other people's needs.
Only what was going on in their own lives was important.
And that included pastors and elders.
I found this to be true.

It made me aware of this truth in other churches I attended.
No need to go into details, just that it is true.

What can we do to change this?
I personally will give to someone in need and not the church organization if necessary.
If God puts someone in my path, it becomes my ministry.

They are totally relevant.
If there is is no way for anyone in the church to be informed then you cannot hold the church at fault for being uninformed.
Why number three answers your rebuttal.
I don't know the details but that is the answer.

We can always find reasons to blame others for not being there when bad things happen. Speaking from my own personal experience, it is not a healthy frame of mind.

dirtfarmer here

I don't find any churches that are correct according to scripture. Where do we find that we are to invite the lost to come hear the gospel and then pray that they will receive salvation. "Church" is for the building up of the saints. We are to live our life before others in everyday life situation that is different from the world. How many "Christians" complain Monday thru Friday about how unfair life is to them. We should understand that we are not of this world and that the world will not be sociable to the believer.

Believers are to congregate to be encouraged by other Christians as they relate how God has given victory over Satan to them in some area of their life. By the power of grace given to believers to withstand the onslaught of the god of this world is how we overcome and encourage others and are encouraged by others to be stead-fast in Christ to overcome in our own lives.

When unbelievers see the believer living like they live, why would they want to have another burden added to them? But, when the unbeliever sees the life that has joy even in the midst of trouble, they will begin to ask, "How can they have joy in the midst of their troubles, there is something different about them." It is then we have their attention and can confess that Jesus is Lord of our lives.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back