Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will God forgive Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God created us with free wills.
That means that at any point in history, Satan can choose to repent.
So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

Personally, I believe God will forgive Satan. What about you?

Right. People may be forgiven if they repent. Grace is for people, not for angels.

Yeshua died and was resurrected for mankind, not for angels. Redemption is gloriously and generously and graciously for people ! YES! PRAISE GOD!

No, fallen angels cannot repent. They have been given over to their sinful rebellion. Repentance is something granted by God to people (2 Timothy 2:25) and is part of the work of salvation that is the work of God. Angels have no way of being redeemed, that we know of biblically, because the pattern of redemption involves the incarnation of God where he became one of us and died for us. This means we are able to be redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ, God in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:9). But there is no such redemptive work supplied to the angelic realm. Therefore, there is no regeneration and no change, which means no repentance.

The Bible speaks of elect angels or chosen angels. "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality." (1 Timothy 5:21). So we can see there were chosen angels. This probably means that God was electing angels not to fall in the great spiritual rebellion before the creation of the world. If they were chosen to not fall, it was probably for a reason to serve God. We as humans were not chosen by God not to fall, but we were chosen to be redeemed (2 Thessalonians 2:13; Ephesians 1:4-5).

So, fallen angels cannot repent, be saved, and spend eternity with God. They knew God in the spiritual realm, rejected him, and will face their just punishment.

http://carm.org/can-fallen-angels-repent-and-be-forgiven

So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

Young's Literal Translation
Joh 16:7 `But I tell you the truth; it is better for you that I go away, for if I may not go away, the Comforter will not come unto you, and if I go on, I will send Him unto you;
Joh 16:8 and having come, He will convict the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment;
Joh 16:11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world hath been judged.

Joh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, `Not because of me hath this voice come, but because of you;
Joh 12:31 now is a judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast forth;
Joh 12:32 and I, if I may be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto myself.'

Satan is the ruler of this world. BUT Jesus said, that when He be lifted up, He would draw men to Him.
He won the war, victory is His over the ruler of this world and that ruler has already been judged.

First off, I do not see such a thing as freewill in the theological sense. Just a will only as good or bad as it's knowledge of the Truth that is God, faith in that Truth, and the lies founded on the ignorance or unbelief in that Truth. Satan probably invented freewill, the vanity that proposes someone can disobey the Truth of the almighty and have a life under no higher power. If Satan could repent, It is conceivable God could forgive since God can do anything. But it seems Satan is resolved to prove he has a freewill.

Last edited:
No, fallen angels cannot repent. They have been given over to their sinful rebellion. Repentance is something granted by God to people (2 Timothy 2:25) and is part of the work of salvation that is the work of God. Angels have no way of being redeemed, that we know of biblically, because the pattern of redemption involves the incarnation of God where he became one of us and died for us. This means we are able to be redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ, God in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:9). But there is no such redemptive work supplied to the angelic realm. Therefore, there is no regeneration and no change, which means no repentance.

The Bible speaks of elect angels or chosen angels. "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality." (1 Timothy 5:21). So we can see there were chosen angels. This probably means that God was electing angels not to fall in the great spiritual rebellion before the creation of the world. If they were chosen to not fall, it was probably for a reason to serve God. We as humans were not chosen by God not to fall, but we were chosen to be redeemed (2 Thessalonians 2:13; Ephesians 1:4-5).

So, fallen angels cannot repent, be saved, and spend eternity with God. They knew God in the spiritual realm, rejected him, and will face their just punishment.

http://carm.org/can-fallen-angels-repent-and-be-forgiven
Glory to God. An exceptional piece worthy of your moniker.

I wish there was room in god's mercy for the redemption of fallen angels, but sadly the bible is clear that satan and his angels will be thrown into hell.

No, for one thing the Bible says that Satan will be sent to hell already.

Actually, Satan and his fallen angels aren't in Gehenna right now. They're awaiting judgment along with the dead nonbelievers. The judgment of Satan comes (after) the 1000 year reign is over. Satan and his fallen angels will be judged first Rev 20:7-10 and then the nonbelievers at the great white throne Rev 20:11-15, and (only then) will they both finally be thrown into Gehenna.

Satan, the devil and his fallen angels are actually dwelling right here on earth prowling around tempting people every day 1 Peter 5:8. The book of Job is a good source to look into in regards to the devil and temptation. (James 1:13-15 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.) The devil's been tempting people ever since he lied to Eve in the garden. Gen 3:4-5.

Actually, Satan and his fallen angels aren't in Gehenna right now. They're awaiting judgment along with the dead nonbelievers. The judgment of Satan comes (after) the 1000 year reign is over. Satan and his fallen angels will be judged first Rev 20:7-10 and then the nonbelievers at the great white throne Rev 20:11-15, and (only then) will they both finally be thrown into Gehenna.

Satan, the devil and his fallen angels are actually dwelling right here on earth prowling around tempting people every day 1 Peter 5:8. The book of Job is a good source to look into in regards to the devil and temptation. (James 1:13-15 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.) The devil's been tempting people ever since he lied to Eve in the garden. Gen 3:4-5.

I know, I meant that we already know that Satan will be sent to hell. Not that he is there right now.

Satan's fate has been sealed, a place has been prepared for him an eternal place for him and his friends..

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

tob

In the book of Jonah, God forgive the wicked nation that repents.
God had said in His word that He will destroy the nation, but when the nation actually repents, God relents and changes His mind.
I believe it is the same with Lucifer.
If he truly repents, God will change His mind about the destruction He originally promised to give to Satan.

God had said in His word that He will destroy the nation, but when the nation actually repents, God relents and changes His mind.
If he truly repents, God will change His mind about the destruction He originally promised to give to Satan.

Those are humans. Satan is a fallen angel. I don't think Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the fallen angels.

:nono

John 8
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources,for he is a liar and the father of it.

I don't think Satan wants or will ever want to be forgiven. Like Pharaoh he's just doing what he prefers to do and is in a state of constant rebellion.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back