Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

The site where the Temple stood, is dominated by two structures which keep Jews from any chance to build or restore, which are the al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, near the center of the temple mount, which is seem as one of the holiest Islamic structure in the world.

The temple mount is the place where the past Jewish temples stood, which makes it among the holiest sites in Judaism to say nothing of how Christians look at it. The First Temple was built by Solomon, the son of David, in 957 BC, and was destroyed by the Babylonian Empire, in 587 BCE. The Second Temple was constructed under of Zerubbabel in 516 BCE, was renovated by King Herod, and this is the temple that was standing when Christ came. The second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Now today, we have many evangelicals and many orthodox Jews want to reestablish the temple and even the sacrificial system. Many Christians hold that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt before Christ comes, and have set up Christian ministries to assist in the building of the temple to hasten the return of Jesus. For many of them, they think such an event will signal the start of the final events of earth’s history, but they are confused on the subject of the temple. They claim certain text as proof such as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4..
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

They misinterpret who the man of sin is, and think it is a future antichrist, when the apostate church has already revealed itself and persecuted the faithful and burned them at the stake and tried to wipe them out, which history shows us clearly is here in the Papacy.

Now, the Jews took heart when Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016 in the United States because he had promised to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, and began to implement that and now is running again. And we have Orthodox Jewish "tradition" that claims it is here, in the city of Jerusalem that the third and final Temple will be built when they say the 'messiah comes'. But if Christ came and they did not recognized him, then what 'messiah' are they waiting for.

They misinterpret who the man of sin is, and think it is a future antichrist, when the apostate church has already revealed itself

I think Scripture tells us that there will be antichrists, but there will also be one person who epitomizes the characteristics of an antichrist. You've assumed that this antichrist is actually an institution. There is nothing in Scripture that supports that conclusion.

I think it is more likely that the Whore of Babylon represents false religion. The harlot is the opposite of the bride of Christ, the church.

Greetings reddogs,
And we have Orthodox Jewish "tradition" that claims it is here, in the city of Jerusalem that the third and final Temple will be built when they say the 'messiah comes'.
After the events of Ezekiel 38 and 39 the Third Temple will be built Ezekiel chapters 40-48 and Isaiah 2:1-4. Jesus will sit upon the Temple Throne of David in Jerusalem and reign on the earth as King / Priest for the 1000 years over the converted significant remnant of natural Israel and the nations subjected and learning the ways of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

It would seem so. This lawless man will not be defeated by human power but by a coming of the Lord. His revealing is as one siting in the temple of God proclaiming he is God.

2 thess 2

He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming
rev 11

I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days,clothed in sackcloth.

This has not happen yet the stones are still stacked some what, If they do build it will be for nothing. We should worship the Father as we walk, talk, in fear, love the Father, and that we love them around us. The lawless one is Satan himself. He will be upset we he realized he was cast out of heaven and wakes up on earth with flesh on and starts his rant.

24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Hello JT,

1cor3
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1pet2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

OK. But why would the mention of a temple in Ezekiel 42 necessarily mean the church or the body? The word is also used to refer to a literal temple.

The speaker's views ignore prophecies that haven't been fulfilled. There is nothing in scripture that supports his view that these prophecies won't literally be fulfilled. He seems like one of the many who has lost his faith and created a milquetoast, seeker-friendly secular philosophy that calls itself Christian.

The speaker's views ignore prophecies that haven't been fulfilled. There is nothing in scripture that supports his view that these prophecies won't literally be fulfilled. He seems like one of the many who has lost his faith and created a milquetoast, seeker-friendly secular philosophy that calls itself Christian.
like what? could you give some examples of what you mean? Perhaps the speaker has answered those in another place. Clarify if you would.

The site where the Temple stood, is dominated by two structures which keep Jews from any chance to build or restore, which are the al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, near the center of the temple mount, which is seem as one of the holiest Islamic structure in the world.

The temple mount is the place where the past Jewish temples stood, which makes it among the holiest sites in Judaism to say nothing of how Christians look at it. The First Temple was built by Solomon, the son of David, in 957 BC, and was destroyed by the Babylonian Empire, in 587 BCE. The Second Temple was constructed under of Zerubbabel in 516 BCE, was renovated by King Herod, and this is the temple that was standing when Christ came. The second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Now today, we have many evangelicals and many orthodox Jews want to reestablish the temple and even the sacrificial system. Many Christians hold that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt before Christ comes, and have set up Christian ministries to assist in the building of the temple to hasten the return of Jesus. For many of them, they think such an event will signal the start of the final events of earth’s history, but they are confused on the subject of the temple. They claim certain text as proof such as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4..
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

They misinterpret who the man of sin is, and think it is a future antichrist, when the apostate church has already revealed itself and persecuted the faithful and burned them at the stake and tried to wipe them out, which history shows us clearly is here in the Papacy.

Now, the Jews took heart when Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016 in the United States because he had promised to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, and began to implement that and now is running again. And we have Orthodox Jewish "tradition" that claims it is here, in the city of Jerusalem that the third and final Temple will be built when they say the 'messiah comes'. But if Christ came and they did not recognized him, then what 'messiah' are they waiting for.
I've noticed Donald Trump has been pointing to himself as if he were God.
Donald Trump has made the claim that he is the ONLY ONE who can keep Israel safe.

I expect he will continue to fulfill scripture and give the Israeli government an army to protect israel and keep it safe for a few years.

In a Trump 2024 campaign video posted to Truth Social, Trump declared, “I kept Israel safe, remember that. I kept Israel safe. Nobody else will, nobody else can, and I know all of the players. They can’t do it. But I kept Israel safe and I will keep Israel safe. Thank you very much.”

They misinterpret who the man of sin is, and think it is a future antichrist, when the apostate church has already revealed itself

I think Scripture tells us that there will be antichrists, but there will also be one person who epitomizes the characteristics of an antichrist. You've assumed that this antichrist is actually an institution. There is nothing in Scripture that supports that conclusion.

I think it is more likely that the Whore of Babylon represents false religion. The harlot is the opposite of the bride of Christ, the church.
So you don't believe the king of the north exists?

OK. But why would the mention of a temple in Ezekiel 42 necessarily mean the church or the body? The word is also used to refer to a literal temple.
I would hope you know the temple mentioned in Ezekiel 42 comes after the resurrection of Israel when Israel are resurected out of their graves in Ezekiel 37.That is a long way off.

Besides,there is already a temple on the temple Mt.Its called the dome of the rock and it's a very pretty building .

I would hope you know the temple mentioned in Ezekiel 42 comes after the resurrection of Israel when Israel are resurected out of their graves in Ezekiel 37.That is a long way off.

Besides,there is already a temple on the temple Mt.Its called the dome of the rock and it's a very pretty building .
It's a temple for a false religion. Are you a Muslim or a Christian?

It's a temple for a false religion. Are you a Muslim or a Christian?
It's simply a temple.
A building where people worship ,whatever it is they worship.

The true worshipers of God worship in spirit.Are you a christian or an antichrist Jew who rejects Christ,God and the holy spirit?

Yes, the Jews will build a third Temple.

JLB

It's simply a temple.
A building where people worship ,whatever it is they worship.

The true worshipers of God worship in spirit.Are you a christian or an antichrist Jew who rejects Christ,God and the holy spirit?
I am a Christian. You sound like a Muslim who hates Jews.

I am a Christian. You sound like a Muslim who hates Jews.
No,I'm a christian who worships God in spirit having received the holy spirit
I also recognize them who reject Jesus as being Christ are called antichrist.The antichrist population in Israel has exploded and the christians there are persecuted .People who call themselves Christian in the west often support the beast which persecutes the christians in the pleasant land.
Many even worship the beast.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back