Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women - Wisdom vs. Adulteress

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How about Eve was not Adam's first wife, she was his second wife?

Lilith is nothing more than an evil female demon in Babylonian mythology. Isaiah 34:14 is used by some that think the owl is her, but it's just an owl as Isaiah chapter 34 is a reference to that of Gods judgement to the nations in Revelations.

Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Genesis 3:4-6 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.

So, here is the connection to the adulteress..........

Eve, then takes the fruit and gave some to her husband and they both died.

Proverbs 2:16 It will save you also from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words, who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God. For her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead. None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.

Eve ignored God's words and believed the devil's lies. "ignored the covenant" and the path was death.

I'm not saying Eve is the devil, but the connection between the devil and the adulteress and Eve is intertwined. Really sorry if it is projected that way.
I'm having a problem understanding Eve's adultery.
Just want to say that The Edenic Covenant was not made with Eve but with Adam.
The covenant was between God as Sovereign and Supreme and Adam, the "lord" of the land.
Everything belonged to Adam. He had dominion and gave everything its name.
The covenant was conditional and the condition was that Adam was not to eat of the forbidden tree.

The Covenant was broken and we then move on to the Adamic Covenant, but that's not what this thread is about.

If you could clarify why you think Eve was an adultress...

Wondering

Lilith is nothing more than an evil female demon in Babylonian mythology. Isaiah 34:14 is used by some that think the owl is her, but it's just an owl as Isaiah chapter 34 is a reference to that of Gods judgement to the nations in Revelations.

Babylonian? Well, there is considerable Jewish writing and thought that places Lilith right smack in the Bible.

Why do you say that when we pick up our cross and follow Jesus he will give us a new house, new car, a husband or wife? If that were true all of us who are in Christ and He in us would have a new house and a new car, but I have yet to see any of us receiving these things from God as these are material things we work for. When we pick up our cross we are following in the footsteps of Christ being obedient to His commands. Wisdom, knowledge and understanding are part of the seven spirits of God given to the seven Churches in Rev that makes up all of us being the body of Christ, Isaiah 11:2. Deliverance, healing, sanctification, eternal life are the promises of the cross through that of Christ Jesus. Adam and Eve could have had all the pleasures of the garden God if they would have been obedient to His commands.
All blessings that we receive as a Believer comes from Christ because of the Cross of Christ, i.e., finished work, i.e., the Blood of Jesus. The Cross of Christ is the "POWER OF GOD!" If your faith is in you, you are believing wrong, which equals defeat. I believe you and I agree on this.

You stated I said, "Why do you say that when we pick up our cross and follow Jesus he will give us a new house, new car, a husband or wife? I never stated that! What I said was the Cross of Christ has those benefits in it if your faith is exclusively and only in Christ and the Cross. The Holy Spirit will then help us in all things because He only works in that perimeter.

Paul said I die daily. What does that mean? It means to have your faith exclusively and only in Jesus Christ and the Cross.
What does it mean to carry your Cross? To carry your Cross daily means to receive all the benefits the Cross has to offer.

It sounds easy, but only very few are able to accomplish this.

To carry your Cross daily means to receive all the benefits the Cross has to offer.
Since the cross symbolizes suffering and shame, It is my understanding that that phrase refers to the hatred of the world for Christians, the sufferings, afflictions and persecutions that come upon Christians, and the rejection of believers by unbelievers because they identify with Christ.

You've raised a good point. This causes me to think that the serpent proposed that God was a liar, which is a false imagery of god, which is idolatry. So what about that?
Failing to understand the nature and character of God should not be equated with "idolatry". Since Eve mistakenly (or wilfully) stated "neither shall ye touch it" (which was not a part of the commandment) she misrepresented God's command, and thereby His nature. The sin would not have been in the touching but in the eating.

As to Satan misrepresenting God, that was a deliberate and malicious attack against both God and Eve. But Satan did not tell Eve to worship that tree (although later on Babylonian idolatry would include trees and groves). So spiritual adultery (idolatry) is not really presented here unless one wants to really stretch things.

No need to bring myths and legends into Bible study. There's also a false Serpent Seed doctrine floating out there.

My post was in response to yours "Where in the world did you come up with this bizarre connection? Eve was never an adulteress and certainly not the Devil. Why are so many bizarre ideas floating around among Christians? Another bizarre idea being batted around is that Adam and Eve had navels. How in the world could they have navels when they were both direct creations of God?"

You're starting in myth. The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis,is not historical. It's an allegorical creation story.

You're starting in myth. The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis,is not historical. It's an allegorical creation story.
Really? I don't see any Scripture or any statement by the Lord Jesus Christ to that effect. Indeed if the creation story is allegorical then the Gospel is meaningless, and Christ's finished work on the Cross becomes meaningless also. Scripture says "As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (1 Cor 15:22). It also says "the first man Adam was made a living soul [an exact quote from Genesis], the last Adam was made a quickening Spirit [capitalized because He is God] (1 Cor 15:45). So it should be clear that those who call the creation story allegorical are actually MISREPRESENTING Scripture.

Really? I don't see any Scripture or any statement by the Lord Jesus Christ to that effect. Indeed if the creation story is allegorical then the Gospel is meaningless, and Christ's finished work on the Cross becomes meaningless also. Scripture says "As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (1 Cor 15:22). It also says "the first man Adam was made a living soul [an exact quote from Genesis], the last Adam was made a quickening Spirit [capitalized because He is God] (1 Cor 15:45). So it should be clear that those who call the creation story allegorical are actually MISREPRESENTING Scripture.

Malachi, I don't think it makes the Gospel meaningless at all. I certainly doesn't for me. I accept Christ as my savior, and it doesn't depend on a literal understanding of the creation story in Genesis.

All blessings that we receive as a Believer comes from Christ because of the Cross of Christ, i.e., finished work, i.e., the Blood of Jesus. The Cross of Christ is the "POWER OF GOD!" If your faith is in you, you are believing wrong, which equals defeat. I believe you and I agree on this.

You stated I said, "Why do you say that when we pick up our cross and follow Jesus he will give us a new house, new car, a husband or wife? I never stated that! What I said was the Cross of Christ has those benefits in it if your faith is exclusively and only in Christ and the Cross. The Holy Spirit will then help us in all things because He only works in that perimeter.

In post #13 you said and I quote you: The reason Jesus tells us to carry our Cross daily is to receive the benefits the Cross has. Those benefits include; wisdom - knowledge - and understanding, deliverance, healing, sanctification, eternal life, prosperity, joy, a new house, a new car, a husband, a wife, and all the promises in the bible.

This is not why we pick up our cross as Jesus tells us in Matthew 16:24-26 why we need to pick up our cross and follow Him as it's not for worldly gain like new houses and new cars, but for Spiritual gain as when we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit through the Spiritual rebirth of John 3:3-6 we also have those seven spirits of Isaiah 11:1,2 that will always keep us in Gods will. The cross is our salvation through faith that is Christ Jesus and for us to walk in all His ways.

Babylonian? Well, there is considerable Jewish writing and thought that places Lilith right smack in the Bible.
Why is she never named in the scriptures as I would think this would be a great teaching from God and can you share any of those Jewish writings as I would love to read them as I am always opened to learn new things.

... I am always opened to learn new things.
Beware of "new things". The reason the apocryphal and pseudepigraphical writings are excluded from Scripture is because they originate with men, not God. As does the Talmud, the Mishna, and a host of other writings which give you "new" information, which may or may not be true. God equates Wisdom with His Word, and Christ Himself is called "the Wisdom of God".

Beware of "new things". The reason the apocryphal and pseudepigraphical writings are excluded from Scripture is because they originate with men, not God. As does the Talmud, the Mishna, and a host of other writings which give you "new" information, which may or may not be true. God equates Wisdom with His Word, and Christ Himself is called "the Wisdom of God".
I read all sorts of things as I study, but it's up to me to know how to discern those things I read apart from the scriptures whether they be true or not just as in studying and discerning the OP.

This is not why we pick up our cross as Jesus tells us in Matthew 16:24-26 why we need to pick up our cross and follow Him as it's not for worldly gain like new houses and new cars, but for Spiritual gain as when we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit through the Spiritual rebirth of John 3:3-6 we also have those seven spirits of Isaiah 11:1,2 that will always keep us in Gods will. The cross is our salvation through faith that is Christ Jesus and for us to walk in all His ways.
The Cross of Jesus Christ (the blood of Jesus Christ) equals the finished work of Jesus Christ. The Cross of Christ is the POWER OF GOD for us who are being saved. 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 NKJV

I'm having a problem understanding Eve's adultery.
Just want to say that The Edenic Covenant was not made with Eve but with Adam.
The covenant was between God as Sovereign and Supreme and Adam, the "lord" of the land.
Everything belonged to Adam. He had dominion and gave everything its name.
The covenant was conditional and the condition was that Adam was not to eat of the forbidden tree.

The Covenant was broken and we then move on to the Adamic Covenant, but that's not what this thread is about.

If you could clarify why you think Eve was an adultress...

Wondering
In Proverbs, it's like Solomon is giving 2 women to follow. Wisdom or the Adulteress, like a Spiritual standing. Eve's actions led to death and the Adulteress has the same fate.

Genesis 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

Eve knew she shouldn't eat from this and she did anyway. Just like an Adulteress knows she shouldn't cheat and she does anyway.

Because the Holy Spirit only works in this perimeter to help us. And He alone will keep those commandments through you. Remember Jesus says, "Apart from me you can do nothing," John 15:5. The reason Jesus tells us to carry our Cross daily is to receive the benefits the Cross has. Those benefits include; wisdom - knowledge - and understanding, deliverance, healing, sanctification, eternal life, prosperity, joy, a new house, a new car, a husband, a wife, and all the promises in the bible.

What cancels this is when the Believer is living between two Kingdoms. The scripture says, "On purpose, intentionally, God will make sure things do not work out in your life. 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 NASB, James 1:5-8 NASB, James 4:4 NASB

John 14:21 Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 The person who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him [I will make Myself real to him].”

I like this. This is the mystery of believers being joined to the Holy Spirit. Mark 10:8 and the two will become one flesh.'

In Proverbs, it's like Solomon is giving 2 women to follow. Wisdom or the Adulteress, like a Spiritual standing. Eve's actions led to death and the Adulteress has the same fate.

Genesis 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

Eve knew she shouldn't eat from this and she did anyway. Just like an Adulteress knows she shouldn't cheat and she does anyway.

Eve bore the "flesh or human portion/seed" of Jesus. So don't be too hard on her. Jesus may not like to have his great great--- grand mom slurred?

Gen. 3:
15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The same sight goes to Adam. Luke 3:38, directly linking Jesus to Adam.

So, caution is the order of the day for ALL viewers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back