Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Womens role in the church

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jgredline

As I read the Gospels and do research for my website I am reminded and have learned many wonderful things about women.
In my opinion while the church is mostly run by men, It would die without women.. I believe that women have such a special place in the heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, that men simply can't and will not fill..

Here are some of my thoughts and observations. This thread I hope will go along way in helping me put this webpage togther..

In the Gospels you will not find one women who ever did any harm to Jesus.
It was women who supported Jesus finacially.
It was a women who he first revealed himself as the messiah.
It was a women who showed him the greatest form of worship while he walked this earth. (mary with the expensive perfume)
It was women who he revealed himself after the resurrection

It is women who teach our Kids in sunday school
It is women who will give you that hug when your down
It is women who will lift you up in prayer on a moments notice
It is women who will put on the baby and bridle showers
Now I know there are men who do these things, but we are in the minority here.

I can think of many more things, but it will be nice to read the thoughts of the members of this board.

Blessings,
Jg

It's my humble opinion that there will be more women than men in heaven, because of their willingness to give and put aside their pride, among a multitude of other things. In other words, women are more willing to accept Christ and what he teaches. Just my opinion.

airdrop said:
It's my humble opinion that there will be more women than men in heaven, because of their willingness to give and put aside their pride, among a multitude of other things. In other words, women are more willing to accept Christ and what he teaches. Just my opinion.

Wow
That never crossed my mind. Sadly I agree

Women also took care of Paul during his missionary journeys

It is a sad thing that women are so much more faithful to the things of God than us men. We need more men to stand up to the call of service and join our women in the fight for souls of men and women around the world.

2 Timothy 2:1-3
(1) Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
(2) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
(3) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
(13) Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
(14) Let all your things be done with charity.

I used to think that there wouldn't be marriage in heaven because of the disobedience of Eve, but I am more inclined as I am older that it is because God is doing women a favor! :-D :-D

Cave_man.gif

When you deal with women in the Bible, I think you have to deal with the sexism in it as well. Here are a few of the issues:

1. Women that have pre-maritial sex are to be killed in front of their parents. No such rule for men.

2. A woman is twice as dirty when she gives birth to a daughter than to a son.

3. Men were allowed to marry multiple women, but women were not allowed to marry multiple men.

4. A single free woman who was raped had to marry her rapist.

5. There was no law broken for raping a slave that was not engaged.

6. Women should be quiet in church and ask their husbands questions when they get home.

7. Adam and Eve commit the same crime. They eat the forbidden fruit. Yet Eve's punishment is not only dealing with a harsh world like Adam's punishment, but she also has painful childbirth and must serve her husband.

8. During the Exodus, God wants to see all the males three times a year. He never requests a meeting with the women.

9.Women are considered to be loot in war. Even God gets a share of the plunder of women.

If you just want to point out the good and ignore the bad about women in the Bible, I don't think you will be very convincing about the Bible's view of women. I think you have to address it all or else someone will quote a part of the Bible that was ignored and say you were not comphrensive enough.

It takes a lot of guts to go to bat for one of those "special" groups. Not.

There are plenty of bad things women did in the Bible, including the mother of all bad things, Eve's disobedience to God that brought the downfall of man.

The only reason women didn't do harm to Jesus in the Bible was because of their submissive role imposed on them, submission affirmed by Jesus himself.

Men provided most of the fianancial support for Jesus.

Women went to the tomb first to do the woman's work that was expected of them.

And, it's absurd that the use of expensive perfume represented the greatest form of worship while He walked this earth.

I'd even say it's rather dishonest imply that women are a super-saintly sex.

Poke said:

There are plenty of bad things women did in the Bible, including the mother of all bad things, Eve's disobedience to God that brought the downfall of man.

Keep in mind that Adam CHOSE to eat the forbidden fruit. He didn't have to do what Eve asked him to do. God gave us all free will to make our own choices...good OR bad. Eve never forced Adam to do anything.

Nikki said:
Keep in mind that Adam CHOSE to eat the forbidden fruit. He didn't have to do what Eve asked him to do. God gave us all free will to make our own choices...good OR bad. Eve never forced Adam to do anything.

The fact remains, the woman was the first to disobey God. Even if Adam had not eaten, sin had already entered the world. The deed was done. 1 Timothy 2:14 "And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

To adam was the commandment given. Eve was decieved, but adam willfully transgressed the law of God.

Genesis 2:16
(16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Romans 5:12
(12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:19
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

the woman was the first to disobey God.

She disobeyed adam, not God...Adam brought the curse.

Their eyes werent opened to their nakedness till adam ate.

Preacher Boy said:
To adam was the commandment given. Eve was decieved, but adam willfully transgressed the law of God.

Even willfully transgressed.

Romans 5:12
(12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

the word "man", anthropos, here is means both male and female. Through one person, sin entered the world. Saying sin entered the world through Adam is a paternalistic formality, unless you think women are like animals and the concept of sin doesn't really apply to what they do.

She disobeyed adam, not God...Adam brought the curse.

She disobeyed God.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

Man is the head of the wife...same then as it is now.

I as a husband must give account of my family before him.

Adam was the one held accountable for the trangresion.

Poke said:

The only reason women didn't do harm to Jesus in the Bible was because of their submissive role imposed on them, submission affirmed by Jesus himself.

Men provided most of the fianancial support for Jesus.

Women went to the tomb first to do the woman's work that was expected of them.

And, it's absurd that the use of expensive perfume represented the greatest form of worship while He walked this earth.

I'd even say it's rather dishonest imply that women are a super-saintly sex.

Poke
You are as smart as a door knob. Once out 20 times you will say something that makes sense. The problem is in the other 19 times..

Name one bad thing or Harm that women did to Jesus that is written in the Gospels and show me Quote poke ''The only reason women didn't do harm to Jesus in the Bible was because of their submissive role imposed on them, submission affirmed by Jesus himself''. Where is this written?
If anything Jesus elevated women to a standard that was well above the culture of the time. Who was it that brought it to the attention that they were out of wine at the wedding in Cana? Who was it that stood up to men when this adulteress women was about to get stoned? (which by the way. Where was the man who also commited adultery)
AS FAR as I can see it was men who did the wrong to Jesus.

Show me where men finacially gave to Jesus for his ministry?

As for the rest of your comments, well they are absurd

Poke
I have asked you in the past and I will ask you again?
Are you a muslim?
Are you Arab?
I know your anti Christian but what are you so I know what I am dealing with here. Help me to understand you

Preacher boy.. You are correct in your interpretation of the Adam and Eve account.. You are also wasting your time with a person who does not like, Zionist, Jews, Women, Christians and I have come to this conclusion by his other postings.

jgredline said:
Name one bad thing or Harm that women did to Jesus that is written in the Gospels and show me Quote poke ''The only reason women didn't do harm to Jesus in the Bible was because of their submissive role imposed on them, submission affirmed by Jesus himself''. Where is this written?

Where is it written that the Jewish leaders were men? Where is it written that Pilate was a man? Where is it written that the Roman troops were men? Where is it written that Judas and the Apostles were men? You got me. They were a bunch of women. 11 Apostles were women but the bad ol' man Apostle betrayed Jesus because he was a man.

If anything Jesus elevated women to a standard that was well above the culture of the time. Who was it that brought it to the attention that they were out of wine at the wedding in Cana?

I guess you couldn't put Jesus selecting six women as members of his 12 Apostles, so you point to there mere existence of a talking women as proof that Jesus elevated them. His mom telling him they're out of wine is proof that Jesus elevated women? Did the other Hebrew male children cut their mothers' tongues out?

Who was it that stood up to men when this adulteress women was about to get stoned? (which by the way. Where was the man who also commited adultery)

You don't think Jesus would have defended a repentant man from hypocritical accusers? Or, you think defending a repentant woman from hypocritical accusers is evidence that women are more righteous than men or that Jesus was elevating women?

Show me where men finacially gave to Jesus for his ministry?

Do you seriously think Jesus' ministry was financed just by women, or mostly by women? Maybe you think men just invited Jesus to dinner, but it was women who stocked Judas' purse.

As for the rest of your comments, well they are absurd

I'll consider the credibility of the source of that comment.

Poke
I have asked you in the past and I will ask you again?
Are you a muslim?
Are you Arab?
I know your anti Christian but what are you so I know what I am dealing with here. Help me to understand you

I'm a Christian. What are you that you idolize the children of Satan?

Poke
You have just proven my point. :-D Once out of 20 times you have something good to contribute. This is an example of the other 19 times.
Poke I hope your not married and I hope you don't have any children especially girls.. I feel sorry for you.

By the way. You have taken this entire thread out of context..
I can also prove my points using the scriptures which is one thing you know nothing about.

Peace
Jg

JG,
I believe that Poke just got married a little over a year ago, and I suspect that he is young. He has a contention against the Israelites so I suspect that he is a disciple of such as Arnold Murray of Gravette, Arkansas, and/or a follower of the Identity movement.

I have a long time friend that is a disciple of Arnold Murray, and he is dead set against the Jews.

Here is an online pdf document and other websites that might be of interest to you.

http://www.carm.org/chapel/arnold_murray.htm

http://www.equip.org/free/DI100.pdf

http://www.mission.org/jesuspeople/arnmuray.htm

http://www.letusreason.org/Poptea4.htm

Solo
Thanks for the links. That certainly would explain alot and it appears that the show does fit..

Did you read his coo coo answers?

Hi everyone,

First of all, I think Poke's point about women being truly sinners, and no more willing to submit, or come to Christ, than men is quite accurate. In fact, I think that women are willing to look Christian more than men for the sake of friendships, and other such motives. I also believe they are easily deceived, as Eve proved first, and as feminists continue to prove. So, we all have our snares. Ultimately, we are all in the same boat, in my opinion. I think we can agree on that. On the other hand, I think the point of the thread was not to idolize women, but to speak about their role in Scripture, and possibly in the church, as it is sometimes not discussed in proper format. Thank you, Javier.

Anyway, I am going to try to get us back on track, if a women is able to do that. :wink:

When I think of women in Scripture, I think of Sarah first always. Sarah, even in her failures, was the mother of a promise...

Genesis 21:1-7
1 And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
3 And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.
4 And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him.
5 And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.
6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.
7 And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.

Certainly Sarah was a sinner, and had done nothing on her own, but was there not a little speck of faith in her concerning the coming of the promised child? And then the joy that must have filled her, this grieved barren women, when she found out she was carrying him after so many years, and after her body was not even capable of using the womb...but with God nothing is impossible. A barren women always has hope, and desire, of a child, but Sarah considered God faithful, and her's was not a baseless faith.

Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Sarah bore a son who was a picture of Christ, and was she not herself a picture of those coming after her...even Mary? A people waiting for a promised Son. How much must they endure, and how long must they wait?

The Lord is not slack in His promises, but endures for the sake of those who will yet know Him. His children have waited for this Promise before, and now are waiting again for His return.

2 Peter 3:1-9
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Sarah was just a women who trusted God by faith. She endured scoffers at the hope of such an impossible task, but God remembered her, and He will remember us.

Women were no more special, or less special, to Christ than men. The blessing for Sarah, and for many other women believers over the years, is that God took a broken vessel, restored it, and used it for His glory and purpose... to further His Kingdom with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has done the same for men. Our design is different, and our roles are different, but we are the same in that we needed a Saviour, and long for His return. The battle of the sexes should not be present in the church. We should all be willing to esteem others above ourselves, no matter their gender. I believe that was the purpose, and the blessing, of Javier's thread. The Lord bless all of you.

Poke
you're a bufooone. Go back and read your post and you will agree with me.
I have read some pretty stupid things, but yours, well, It takes the prize. :roll:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back