Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Womens role in the church

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
oscar3 said:
Poke
you're a bufooone. Go back and read your post and you will agree with me.
I have read some pretty stupid things, but yours, well, It takes the prize. :roll:

Can you back up your personal attack? Or, should I just assume that it's as lame as the person it's from?

Poke said:
Can you back up your personal attack? Or, should I just assume that it's as lame as the person it's from?

Poke; With all due respect and believe me, its a very tiny little bit, do you really want me to back it up? I mean one only needs to read your writings in this thread and then look at your writing history and its easy to see how one can come to the conclusion that you are a bufooone. Now I can start to copy and paste, but would rather not.

oscar3 said:
Poke
you're a bufooone. Go back and read your post and you will agree with me.
I have read some pretty stupid things, but yours, well, It takes the prize. :roll:

Oscar3,

Would you mind telling me how personal attacks are in anyway helpful to the discussion at hand?

You make quite a statement when you assert that Poke’s posts in this particular topic are “pretty stupid.†As a matter of fact I happen to agree with some of his points.

It is rather interesting that a few posts back there seemed to be a deification of women and their ability to follow God. Perhaps it was not the intent of the posters to deify women but the posts did seem to say women were more spiritual, less sinful, or less morally corrupt then men. Such assertions are of course incorrect, as that contradicts Romans 3:23, and seem to be based on mere observation from a limited sample size.

In any event, whether Poke is correct is not the issue I bring forth, I wonder why you have taken it upon yourself to say such things about a particular individuals posts. Perhaps I am wrong but I don’t think such words are Christian in nature. Correcting one’s errors is biblical but Galatians 6:1 states the follow:

“Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.â€Â

Try to keep that in mind before you challenge another. Correct the errors of another “in the spirit of gentleness.†Your motivation for correcting another should be love, not anything else.

As for the topic at hand:

It appears to me that women have a great deal of responsibility in the church and such realities should not be overlooked. Beyond that I don’t have anything further to say at this time, others have said some rathr helpful things alreadyâ€â€for instance Lovely.

:roll:

It is rather interesting that a few posts back there seemed to be a deification of women and their ability to follow God

My apologies for offering my opinion to the forum as fodder for discussion. I did not realize they "deified" anyone.

airdrop said:
:roll:

My apologies for offering my opinion to the forum as fodder for discussion. I did not realize they "deified" anyone.

Airdrop,

No need to apologize. Perhaps you made a mistake in your original post, and perhaps you did not. If you did in deed make a mistake in your postâ€â€i.e. misspokeâ€â€then all you ‘need’ to do is learn from that mistake.

I myself have misspoken in the past. I hope my words did not hurt anyone’s feelings or make them think lowly of themselvesâ€â€that was not my intent. I like many others on this forum, are motivated for our love of Christ and seek His gloryâ€â€not our own.

In any event, this particular topic I think is good and I look forward to future posts. For as long as I can remember I have had a great deal of respect for women and it is rather refreshing for people to speak of them in such a loving and affirming way. Like men they are to be valued and respected as image bears of God.

Nocturnal
Thank you for your pleasant rebuke of those who have strayed from the topic and I include myself. Indeed this thread is about how important women are to the body of Christ. Women are precious and should be treated as such. I make it a point to refer to my wife as my queen and when I introduce her to new people I introduce her as my bride even we have been married for 21 years..
The point is this.

The Church has depended on Women from the beginning of Jesus ministry.
There is not a bible believing church around today that will survive with out women. Too often, even in todays times women are treated as second class citizens.

My 2 cents

Noc
I appologize
I read the OP and do not see how you or anybody can say that it is saying that women are perfect. It is simply saying some of the wonderful things women do. Not that they are more better than men, but equals.

oscar3 said:
Noc
I appologize
I read the OP and do not see how you or anybody can say that it is saying that women are perfect. It is simply saying some of the wonderful things women do. Not that they are more better than men, but equals.

Granted however the follow has been said:

It is a sad thing that women are so much more faithful to the things of God than us men.

airdrop said:
It's my humble opinion that there will be more women than men in heaven, because of their willingness to give and put aside their pride, among a multitude of other things. In other words, women are more willing to accept Christ and what he teaches. Just my opinion.

So perhaps I was incorrect to use the word “deify,†however the statements given above may in fact lead some one to think as Poke and I did.

In any event women are to be respected and it is to be understood that they are VITAL to the church and ministry of others. Also the main point of my “rebukes†(if you want to call them that) where about the statements like “pretty stupid" and “You are as smart as a door knob.†It seems to me that such statements are not really edifying and seem to do more cutting down then building up.

It is not my intent to focus on this particular things are belittle or judge others but to point out errors that should and must be addressed. I am in no way saying I am without fault and above anyone else. I myself error on many other things and need correction from time to time. My drive is love and my passion is for the glory of God alone. Please understand that.

At any rate the topic is about women’s role in the church and I, as I stated before, look forward to more posts on that very subject.

Praise God for women and what they do for His mighty Kingdom!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back