Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you die for God? [Honest Answers]

Would you die for God?

• No i dont think so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will Never die for something imaginary [Atheist Choice]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K stunna

The_Ultimate_Sacrifice.jpg

I know everyone says "ohh of course I would" and "Why wouldnt I?" but i know better than that. I've been met with the same question before and have answered the same way. The thing is lately i've been seeing stories and some videos of people being buried alive, tortured, hung, beheaded, shot, set on fire for there defense in their beliefs [Christians/Catholics/Muslims alike]

It really made me think, would i really lay my life on the line for my God and become a Martyr? From my memories when i was faced with sorta life or death situations i switch to survival mode but im not sure if that would turn on or not in defending my religion and facing death

What do you guys think? Would you make the Ultimate Sacrifice? :chin

Pick from the choices above and explain.......

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a big challenge but i voted no doubt , yes I will die for God!
<O:tongue</O:tongue
Ultimate Sacrifice for me is what Jesus did at the cross because He was blameless.
<O:tongue</O:tongue
And i am not blameless if ever i suffer persecution in the body or in the spirit it's because i deserve it. And right now, i am in the moment of my life that my relationship with Christ is all that matters. And I will do everything for my first love. And God is my first love. This is an honest answer.:)<O:tongue</O:tongue

Look at that. I'm the only honest one in the bunch yet! ;)

I hope I would. I pray I would. I believe I would. Oh, how I pray I would. I seriously doubt I would ever deny Him in the face of death, even excruciating death. That's hard to imagine. But, if I'm being honest, I'd have to say I'll only know for sure when I've been put to that test.

I live a pretty persecution-free life in America; I mean true persecution. That has its up-sides, but the down-side is that I've never had to show that kind of devotion. :pray

I hope so. I actually thought about it a couple times. One of the great things about being a Christian is that death really isn't the end. I mean, we know it isn't the end for anyone, but in the world there are all sorts of explanations--death (nothing else), reunion with some mystical "life force," etc.--that either don't add any meaning to life or make life bleak and meaningless. In Christianity, we are taught (rightly so, of course) that after death comes judgment.

With that in mind, I'd like to say I would. Who wants to live in a world so hostile to God that you're dying for the Truth? I know it happens in some countries, but if it happened in the US, I'd be particularly willing. What's the point of carrying on if the choice is live out your days in a world violently opposed to the Truth or meeting your (loving, holy, merciful) maker?

I would he died for me! It would be pretty selfish to say I am not willing to die for Christ. At one point I was denied benefits to feed my family and persecuted for my Christian faith alone (due to the evaluators religion) in this country. It made me realize what it truly means when you state that you believe Jesus is your savior. Persecution even to the point death I feel is not going to make me deny who loves me and whom I love!

We are tested every day on this as we are to lay down our lives daily. We must learn to become completely dependent on Christ for our lives...as in...give us this day our daily Manna (who is Christ).

Look at that. I'm the only honest one in the bunch yet! ;)

I hope I would. I pray I would. I believe I would. Oh, how I pray I would. I seriously doubt I would ever deny Him in the face of death, even excruciating death. That's hard to imagine. But, if I'm being honest, I'd have to say I'll only know for sure when I've been put to that test.

I live a pretty persecution-free life in America; I mean true persecution. That has its up-sides, but the down-side is that I've never had to show that kind of devotion. :pray
Im right there with you.

If I were locked in a room full of cockroaches and ordered to renounce Christ, I might just do it ....

..... and then when I'm released, I will accept Christ again ! ........... :eyelid :bump

I would hope that the Lord would never lead me down that path where I would have to physically make that choice... I'm reminded of this passage in scripture that all the prophets of old who gave their lives, and we now benefit from their suffering.

Exodus 20:6 and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

But if I were ever led down that path, at least I'd know I was in good company.

We are tested every day on this as we are to lay down our lives daily. We must learn to become completely dependent on Christ for our lives...as in...give us this day our daily Manna (who is Christ).

I agree with your assesment. I believe that True Working faith in Christ will be His MATURE PRINCIPLE forming our character. Christ went to the cross feeling physically miserable, + forsaken! MATURE PRINCIPLE is not feeling or emotion, but Obedience. So yes, True 'MATURE' FAITH will even die before even sinning. Eccl. 12:13-14 is not over yet!

Ones mind is to be already 'daily' made up as you say, Dan. 3:12-19 finds in verse 8-9 these three with their mind made up regardless of the outcome. And that is to be our mature level before it is all over. 666 is that final testing.

Dan. 3
[12] There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
[13] Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king.
[14] Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
[15] Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
[16] Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

[17] If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
[18] But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

[19] Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.

OK: I did not answer the question! I do daily make up my mind both in evening & morning devotions to make my LOVE for Christ first place in my life. (tough love duties as well as the easy!) I claim the Promise of Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9. And I know that FAITH is not a bragging OSAS done deal, so we will see what the end will bring in its time. Heb. 11:13. God does indeed know, but I only know by FAITH!

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say yes. I believe I would. Live by the sword die by the sword, the sword being the word of God. I love God and do believe I would die for him.

The question is would you live for God? For some it may be harder to live for God then to die for God.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Living for God is daily, make that sacrifice first.

I would say yes. I believe I would. Live by the sword die by the sword, the sword being the word of God. I love God and do believe I would die for him.

The question is would you live for God? For some it may be harder to live for God then to die for God.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Living for God is daily, make that sacrifice first.

:thumbsupthe bannermen are proud of you sparta!:thumbsup

Indeed. We are not called to die - we called to live. Dying is easy - you don't need anything. Living requires something called faith.

The way I see it... This life is temporary. Shallow. In fact - ZERO.

For Paradise is Eternal Life. And, mathematically speaking, if I live 100 years then relative to infinity... 100/infinity = ZERO.

So death is coming for me, there's no escape. And it doesn't really matter how long I live (of course I would prefer to live longer to gather more good deeds and LIVE for God). However, if death is coming, then why not have the BEST POSSIBLE death? To die for God's sake?

What does it mean to die for God though? It doesn't necessarily mean being tortured or persecuted... It could be defending my family from invaders. It could be going out to earn money to feed my family (and dying on the way). It could be going to teach people or do charity or any good work. Dying while doing ANY good deed I consider martyrdom and "dying for God".

One of the questions I had to answer when I decided that what I really wanted to do for a career was law enforcement was "Am I willing to die for someone I don't even know?". And For me the answer was yes. I come from a family of military members and one value that has always been held very high is the laying down of life. I used to struggle with this question because I always thought "But I have a life I still have not lived. I don't know if I could just give that all up." I'm pretty well decided now that I'd lay down my life for more or less anyone. I say "more or less" because I always leave room for the hypothetical.

I may not have a family of my own, or even a girlfriend, but I'm content with my life that I'm willing to let it go. I want my life to glorify God, and dying for Him is pretty much the greatest way of glorifying Him. That's how I ended up answering that question. I'd lay down my life because I'd be doing it to glorify God and to give someone else a chance to find Him and to truly fulfill their own purpose in life, which is to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.

I have unsaved friends in the military and in law enforcement and I have no idea how they can do it. I couldn't do it if I was not a Christian.

Some of us may remember a dear brother in Christ who used to frequent this forum often. I miss him much. He is a man who I believe died for Christ.

http://www.christianforums.net/member.php?u=6960

http://www.news24.com/Tags/People/cornelius_bosch

Oh my God, Cornelius is dead ? !! :bigcry

He's the one who prayed for me right here in this forum and I got completely healed of sinus .... I can't believe he's gone ! :shocked!

He also sent me a link to online sermons 2 years ago and till this day, I listen to the sermons when I have the time.

I can't believe he was shot and his body burned ! What horrible tragedy ! :o

I am shocked and beyond sad ...... :bigcry :bigcry :bigcry

Good people are gone just like that ..... :sorry

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back