Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You can be ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED!

• Thread starter TruthSeeker2012
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

TruthSeeker2012

Many people have told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to be "ONCE SAVED AND ALWAYS SAVED" and they tell me that OSAS is a lie from the Devil.

But think about this very carefully... is it really IMPOSSIBLE for me to be once saved and always saved? Is it really impossible for me to be saved today and to always be saved? In other words, I can be saved today but I MUST lose my salvation, because after all, they say I cannot be once saved and always saved!:screwloose Can you see how they contradict Jesus and Bible and the true Gospel?

Critics of the “once saved, always saved” doctrine claim that it gives Christians a license to sin. They presume that those who believe in eternal security intend to accept salvation, and then continue to willingly sin and not care and cherish sinning. But this is inaccurate, because anyone who has been truly saved is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), has the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 1 Thessalonians 4:8), and now wants to live for Christ.

But ask these false teachers this question, "Do you have a license to sin?" When they answer no, tell them, "There you see? You sin and you don't even need a license!"

Someone who continues to willingly and blatantly live in sin and doesn't care about it, and even delights in their sinning has not truly accepted Christ (1 John 2:19; 1 John 3:6; James 1:26).

A person who willingly, sincerely, genuinely, humbly, repents and turns towards the cross, trusting Christ as their Savior, will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 6:37; John 14:6). That salvation is once and for all, eternal, and secure. Those who truly trust in Christ and continue to trust in Christ are saved once, and saved always.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

The false teachers who teach salvation through WORKS and not grace tell us that 1 John 5:13 is a lie and deceptive verse. They say that we cannot know we have eternal life, but instead we only have temporary life, because we cannot be once saved and always saved! :screwloose

If we could lose our salvation, then Jesus was nothing more than a liar and deceiver and conman when He said:

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

NOTICE carefully, Jesus says 3 important things in that verse:

1. The saved are given ETERNAL LIFE, not temporary life!

2. The saved shall NEVER perish!

3. NOBODY can snatch the saved out of Jesus' hands.

False teachers who claim that "once saved always saved" is a lie and people who claim that a sincerely born again saved Christian can lose their salvation, and can perish, and can lose their eternal life, is calling Jesus a LIAR, CONMAN AND DECEIVER!

I tell you the truth, they do not know God or Bible, even if they claim to. They are "religious" people only, nothing more! Because anyone who tells you that it's IMPOSSIBLE to be once saved and always saved is teaching a false gospel and deceptive doctrines!

If any false teacher tells you that "Once saved always saved" is a lie and not possible, then ask them this question, "Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincere faith in Jesus to be once saved and always saved?"

Then watch them run and hide from the question, desperately trying to tell you it's a bad question and refusing to answer you.

BY THEIR FRUIT AND FALSE GOSPEL YOU SHALL KNOW THE FALSE TEACHERS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Greetings again, TW2012 ...

I believe in your title, if it's follwed by:
... IF you were chosen as a member of God's "elect" before the foundation of the world.

I have a thread ready entitled, "My view of God's grace, faith, and salvation",
and all of my statements are from the Scriptures.
But, I'm going away for a month, so I'd better wait until I return.
I will be interested to read peoples' comments on it.

Greetings again, TW2012 ...

I believe in your title, if it's follwed by:
... IF you were chosen as a member of God's "elect" before the foundation of the world.

I have a thread ready entitled, "My view of God's grace, faith, and salvation",
and all of my statements are from the Scriptures.
But, I'm going away for a month, so I'd better wait until I return.
I will be interested to read peoples' comments on it.

I don't know who is Tw2012. Secondly, ANYONE who comes to Christ will be saved, not just a few "elect" that you teach God will pick.

The only possible way your position can be true would be in the light of II Peter 1.

I do not "run and hide".

The only possible way your position can be true would be in the light of II Peter 1.

I do not "run and hide".

Ok we shall see if you have stopped running and hiding from my question. Prove it by giving a DIRECT and HONEST answer to this question:

Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincere faith in Jesus to be once saved and always saved?

Yes or No?

Don't take it from me, take it from God's word---Read II Pet. 1.

By the way, God doesn't "run and hide" either!

Many people have told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to be "ONCE SAVED AND ALWAYS SAVED" and they tell me that OSAS is a lie from the Devil.

But think about this very carefully... is it really IMPOSSIBLE for me to be once saved and always saved? Is it really impossible for me to be saved today and to always be saved? In other words, I can be saved today but I MUST lose my salvation, because after all, they say I cannot be once saved and always saved!:screwloose Can you see how they contradict Jesus and Bible and the true Gospel?

Critics of the “once saved, always saved†doctrine claim that it gives Christians a license to sin. They presume that those who believe in eternal security intend to accept salvation, and then continue to willingly sin and not care and cherish sinning. But this is inaccurate, because anyone who has been truly saved is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), has the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 1 Thessalonians 4:8), and now wants to live for Christ.

But ask these false teachers this question, "Do you have a license to sin?" When they answer no, tell them, "There you see? You sin and you don't even need a license!"

Someone who continues to willingly and blatantly live in sin and doesn't care about it, and even delights in their sinning has not truly accepted Christ (1 John 2:19; 1 John 3:6; James 1:26).

A person who willingly, sincerely, genuinely, humbly, repents and turns towards the cross, trusting Christ as their Savior, will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 6:37; John 14:6). That salvation is once and for all, eternal, and secure. Those who truly trust in Christ and continue to trust in Christ are saved once, and saved always.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

The false teachers who teach salvation through WORKS and not grace tell us that 1 John 5:13 is a lie and deceptive verse. They say that we cannot know we have eternal life, but instead we only have temporary life, because we cannot be once saved and always saved! :screwloose

If we could lose our salvation, then Jesus was nothing more than a liar and deceiver and conman when He said:

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

NOTICE carefully, Jesus says 3 important things in that verse:

False teachers who claim that "once saved always saved" is a lie and people who claim that a sincerely born again saved Christian can lose their salvation, and can perish, and can lose their eternal life, is calling Jesus a LIAR, CONMAN AND DECEIVER!

I tell you the truth, they do not know God or Bible, even if they claim to. They are "religious" people only, nothing more! Because anyone who tells you that it's IMPOSSIBLE to be once saved and always saved is teaching a false gospel and deceptive doctrines!

If any false teacher tells you that "Once saved always saved" is a lie and not possible, then ask them this question, "Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincere faith in Jesus to be once saved and always saved?"

Then watch them run and hide from the question, desperately trying to tell you it's a bad question and refusing to answer you.

BY THEIR FRUIT AND FALSE GOSPEL YOU SHALL KNOW THE FALSE TEACHERS!

I agree,you can know that you are always saved..... (IF)..... The problem I have is that many think they can do whatever they want after becoming saved and still be saved and that's not true.....

ANYONE who comes to Christ will be saved, not just a few "elect" that you teach God will pick.
The ones who truly come to Christ sufficiently to please the Father,
i.e. remain obedient, faithful, etc. to the end ... are God's elect.
And NO ONE (except God) knows who they are.
You are forgetting the sheep and goats, the wheat and chaff, etc. etc.

I agree,you can know that you are always saved..... (IF)..... The problem I have is that many think they can do whatever they want after becoming saved and still be saved and that's not true.....

Listen carefully to what I am about to say.

Once I was born again, I now DO EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!! However, what I now want to do is different to what I wanted to do before I came to Christ. Now I want to walk in obedience with God and His Law, to deny myself and carry the cross, Mat 16:24, and to live for Christ and to share the Gospel and to help the needy and so on!

Before I was born again and before I came to Christ, I had no conscience towards God's Law and sinning and I sinned and didn't care. But now I do care and hate sinning and want to obey God!

So I was SAVED and I am ALWAYS SAVED and I DO WHAT I WANT..but what I want to do now is DIFFERENT to what I wanted to do as a lost man! And WHAT I WANT TO DO is daily ask Jesus to live each day through me.

Anyone who claims they are born again and a Christian and yet doesn't care about their sinning and continues to willfully sin and not care and delight in their sinning WERE NEVER SINCERELY BORN AGAIN IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Anyone sincerely born again have God's Law written on their hearts and now desire to live different, in harmony with God.

Now answer me this question: Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincerely been born again to be ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED? Yes or No?

Once again, read II Pet.1. Therein lies your answer. Further I do not think you are of the spiritual caliber of the apostle Paul.

Hello TruthSeeker2012,

In regards to your question - Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincerely been born again to be ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED? Yes or No? -

I think these two scriptures answer your question pretty clearly:

1. Col 1:21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

So yes it is impossible if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, (verse23). However if you do not meet the conditions of verse 23 then you will lose your salvation!!

2. Heb10:38 Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.†39But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

So yes it is impossible if you live by faith & do not draw back. However if you do not meet the conditions of verse 38 then you will lose your salvation!!

To sum up - if you meet the conditions in the above two verses then it will be impossible for you to lose your salvation. Note - these two examples are not exhaustive.

Personal question - does your moniker TruthSeeker2012 have a use by date where after 2012 you cease to be a truthseeker???:):):) (just joking!! I like the name)

Hello John Zain,

re your comment: The ones who truly come to Christ sufficiently to please the Father,i.e. remain obedient, faithful, etc. to the end ... are God's elect.
And NO ONE (except God) knows who they are.
You are forgetting the sheep and goats, the wheat and chaff, etc. etc.

with regards to: And NO ONE (except God) knows who they are.You are forgetting the sheep and goats, the wheat and chaff, etc. etc.

IJohn contains several examples of behaviour by which we may know who are not Christians in our midst (church/fellowship) despite their profession to be saved.

Example 1: from Ch2 - 3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,†and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Note v4 where their behaviour over rules their claim to be saved. Sadly I have been in Christian circles long enough to meet such people.

Example2: 9He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Note v9 where their hatred over rules their claim to be in the light (ie. saved).

Unfortunately I have encountered quite a few in the church over the decades who absolutely hate another church member usually due to a disagreement, insult, arguement etc.& refuse to have anything further to do with them.

Verses such as the above highlight the need for us to forgive each other whenever a falling out occurs & to live as brothers/sisters in Christ who talk the truth to each other in love Eph4:14-16 in order to see that all in our churches become "The ones who truly come to Christ sufficiently to please the Father,i.e. remain obedient, faithful, etc. to the end ... are God's elect."

:study:)

Ok we shall see if you have stopped running and hiding from my question. Prove it by giving a DIRECT and HONEST answer to this question:

Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincere faith in Jesus to be once saved and always saved?

Yes or No?

It seems that you are asking people to predict the future. No one knows whether they will have "sincere faith in Jesus" in the distant future. A person is saved only to the degree that they CONTINUE in walking in faith. Thus, the constant refrain from Scriptures to PERSEVERE. Scripture clearly has the likes of Paul exhorting Christians to continue to persevere in their walk in Christ. This implies the possibility of NOT walking in Christ (as Peter makes explicit in his second letter). There is no point in such a command if we "already know we are saved once and for all time"...

Regards

It seems that you are asking people to predict the future. No one knows whether they will have "sincere faith in Jesus" in the distant future. A person is saved only to the degree that they CONTINUE in walking in faith. Thus, the constant refrain from Scriptures to PERSEVERE. Scripture clearly has the likes of Paul exhorting Christians to continue to persevere in their walk in Christ. This implies the possibility of NOT walking in Christ (as Peter makes explicit in his second letter). There is no point in such a command if we "already know we are saved once and for all time"...

Regards

i have a dislike for this book that is based on that idea, joe

The Rest of the Gospel: When the Partial Gospel Has Worn You Out [Paperback]

Dan Stone

Dan Stone (Author)
Visit Amazon's Dan Stone Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

(Author), Greg Smith (Author)

it literally teaches that ones soul is a blessed as it can get that we sin only because our other parts mind and body dont look at christ . that in one second we are "in the spirit" at full santification or at least so skirts that idea. i can recall if he said that santification is part of that or what he did say on that fully.

i recall that he claimed that we were righteous already. the problem here while we are indeed justified is that if that was all there was to salvation then why the growth. he teaches that spiritual will manifest it self in the natural. that true.

but he says that while we sin we are already forgiven and kinda says we repent but that is more along the lines of an opps. i should read that again to be sure.

Having God's forgiveness is wonderful. Spending eternity with God is great. But for now, where is the abundant life Jesus promised? Why is the Christian life such a struggle? Because getting forgiven is only half of the gospel! The rest of the gospel is not us striving on our own to be good Christians, but Christ in us, living His life through us as we rest in him.

while that is true we can rest in christ but that means a bit different then the way he puts it. stop trying to live holy just trust jesus. all very true we should pray and focus on God and hand over our burdens and indeed he will carry us through. but the parts he gets off on is where he says.. we are saved once we repent and its implied per the opers idea of osas. ironically at this time i was looking into the idea of osas and did buy into it later. this book didnt help much at all.

adrian rogers did but i know see errs in his doctrine.

first implies that we cant walk away from christ despite clear warnings of falling back, back sliding and the afformentioned 2 epistle of peter.

of course we cant be holy without christ and the hs they do it for us that doesnt mean we can just hold to sin and not give it over to them! we must pray on those besetting sins and turn them over. that is what are called to do. give it to him and he will heal us. its when we fail to do that and play with sin we get into trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello TruthSeeker2012,

In regards to your question - Is it impossible for a Christian who has sincerely been born again to be ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED? Yes or No? -

I think these two scriptures answer your question pretty clearly:

1. Col 1:21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

So yes it is impossible if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, (verse23). However if you do not meet the conditions of verse 23 then you will lose your salvation!!

2. Heb10:38 Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.†39But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

So yes it is impossible if you live by faith & do not draw back. However if you do not meet the conditions of verse 38 then you will lose your salvation!!

To sum up - if you meet the conditions in the above two verses then it will be impossible for you to lose your salvation. Note - these two examples are not exhaustive.

Personal question - does your moniker TruthSeeker2012 have a use by date where after 2012 you cease to be a truthseeker???:):):) (just joking!! I like the name)

Hehhe, I just picked 2012 for some reason :)

So do we agree? That if a Christian continues to have sincere and genuine FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST, they cannot lose their salvation? Yes or No?

Regards

Seriously though, who would have sincere love and faith for Jesus Christ and at a later date renounce Jesus? That doesn't make any sense to me why anyone would turn their back on Jesus, renounce Christ and reject Jesus if they had at one stage truly and sincerely and genuinely been born again and loved and trusted Jesus?

And secondly, can you please give me your interpretation of this following verse:

Please notice carefully, Jesus says 3 important things in that verse:

So what is your take on it? :chin

Seriously though, who would have sincere love and faith for Jesus Christ and at a later date renounce Jesus? That doesn't make any sense to me why anyone would turn their back on Jesus, renounce Christ and reject Jesus if they had at one stage truly and sincerely and genuinely been born again and loved and trusted Jesus?
It may not make sense to you but there are many who have done this, even some members on these forums. Agree with it or not, it happens.

i have a dislike for this book that is based on that idea, joe

The Rest of the Gospel: When the Partial Gospel Has Worn You Out [Paperback]

Dan Stone

Dan Stone (Author)
› Visit Amazon's Dan Stone Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

(Author), Greg Smith (Author)

it literally teaches that ones soul is a blessed as it can get that we sin only because our other parts mind and body dont look at christ . that in one second we are "in the spirit" at full santification or at least so skirts that idea. i can recall if he said that santification is part of that or what he did say on that fully.

Lot of false theology out there. No doubt, people are looking for the easy road, to have their cake and eat it, too. To consider themselves "right" in the eyes of God, while they continue on with their merry way of depraved living, or as Peter said, the dog returning to the vomit... People who live morally bankrupt lives while rationalizing their "position" with God is good...

It is a serious distortion of the Gospel, for without serious conversion and following the road to discipleship, so much Scriptures make little sense, such as the Beatitudes, picking up one's cross, and dying to self. These are counter-intuitive to the types of "theologies" present in the sort of books you speak of. They are meant for consumption by people who "don't have time for all that God-stuff, I got a life to lead", but sense a spiritual need that is unfilled before reading such a book. Perhaps presenting such a truncated gospel appeals to people who do not really desire to change, but it certainly is not the Gospel taught by the Apostles. Thus, they bounce around to new and improved spiritual "teachings", looking for that magic formula that makes them feel spiritually satisfied while maintaining their current way of life.

Regards

It may not make sense to you but there are many who have done this, even some members on these forums. Agree with it or not, it happens.

I personally don't believe they were born again in the first place. Anyone who says they have rejected Christ, have never accepted Him genuinely to begin with IMO.

If someone has genuinely been born again and been saved, yet turrned their back on Jesus and renounced Jesus and went from a born again saved Christian to being lost, then Jesus LIED when He said:

So if Jesus lied about that, then Jesus cannot be trusted with anything He said! But the truth is, Jesus NEVER LIED, so those people who claim they reject Christ has never come to Christ to begin with, even if they claim they had, they were NEVER SEALED and BORN AGAIN in the first place!

Don't forget, a lot of people claim to have been a Christian, yet they never were..for example Italian Mafia Members etc.

I personally don't believe they were born again in the first place. Anyone who says they have rejected Christ, have never accepted Him genuinely to begin with IMO.
So you are able to judge their hearts?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back