Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your Favorite Drummer or Guitarist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Terry Kath. Guitarist.
Before he and his group made their first album, and they were still playing in a certain L.A. club, Jimi Hendricks told his band members that he (Kath) was better than him. How's that comment from a rock and roll great to launch your career? Without searching does anybody know who Terry Kath was?
Oh my gosh.
I searched.
How embarrassing not to know!!

People, people, let's focus here. We all know that Carrie King is the best guitarist (second only to Jimmy Page) and Dave Lombardo was the best drummer (second only to Neil Pert).

*throws down a Nintendo Power Glove™*

You ever seen a girl with those muscles?
And notice, no movement above the elbow!
I do not know her name, but the drummer from Lez Zeppelin (all girl Zep tribute band) is a BEAST with forearms larger than some people's thighs. And boy can she beat drums. Her rhythm is good, too.

But why the obsession with strength? Another of my favorite drummers was Ron Bushy from Iron Butterfly. Iconic since he had the Inna Gadda Vida drum solo that everyone (including me) was tapping out on their school desks in 1969 and 70. But after playing it live he was so drained he had to be carried off the stage. He was so emaciated he looked anorexic. But he was a GREAT drummer.

People, people, let's focus here. We all know that Carrie King is the best guitarist (second only to Jimmy Page) and Dave Lombardo was the best drummer (second only to Neil Pert).

*throws down a Nintendo Power Glove™*
Never heard of either of them.

Never heard of either of them.
That's a shame. Slayer was one of the great thrash metal bands of the 80s. There's also Yngwie Malmsteen. Michael Schenker was also up there, now that I think about it--Scorpions and UFO are some of the best hard rock out of the late seventies and early eighties. lol Now that I think about it, metal seems to have peaked in 1984.

And who hasn't heard of Neil Peart? (Had to go back and edit out stupid autocorrect vagaries) Rush is so iconic, especially Subdivisions. Yeah, that's right. I just made you start hearing those synth stacks playing out the intro. lol

I dont know much about drummers but for guitarists i dont who my favourites are and i think are greatest. Eric Clapton. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lindsay Buckingham, BB King, Steve Vai. John Mayer.

I dont know there is too many. Everyone to there own i guess. Drummers i like Dave Grohl, Phil Collins, Chad Smith i think they good.

Terry Kath. Guitarist.
Before he and his group made their first album, and they were still playing in a certain L.A. club, Jimi Hendricks told his band members that he (Kath) was better than him. How's that comment from a rock and roll great to launch your career? Without searching does anybody know who Terry Kath was?

Every great player has someone who has inspired them, does not mean they a better players, but many humble themselves and will say that about someone they look up to as being better than them because there music has inspired them so that makes them greater, so i guess for Hendrix it was Terry Kath who inspired him with his style or in some way.

Im not sure who it is but i will have a look.

Last edited:
There is many great musicians out there way better than many stars, they just havent sold out and are just not famous.

There is probably someone whos been living in there mothers basement for like 60 years just ripping out the meanest songs and guitar solos and no one even knows them. Lol. Then you get some rich and famous star whos like just a good standard player.

I love drums and Chad Smith. You dont need to be the most technical player and try to be great. Just groove and beat is greatest.

Last edited:
I dont know much about drummers but for guitarists i dont who my favourites are and i think are greatest. Eric Clapton. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lindsay Buckingham, BB King, Steve Vai. John Mayer.
What? No Phil Keaggy? Or Jimi Hendrix?

IMO the most influential guitarist is Andre Segovia. He took a folk instrument (despised by the Classical music listeners) and developed a classical technique, transcribed lute and other classical works and made the guitar accepted by the classical audience.

What? No Phil Keaggy? Or Jimi Hendrix?

IMO the most influential guitarist is Andre Segovia. He took a folk instrument (despised by the Classical music listeners) and developed a classical technique, transcribed lute and other classical works and made the guitar accepted by the classical audience.

Everyone says Jimi Hendrix, even he was amazing in every way hes been overrated and placed on a pedistal bevause Hendrix is always mentioned as the grestest or one of the greatest so i didnt add him. He can be humbled for once. Lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back