Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian girls and beauty contest

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
well but the problem with this is that Christians will go with the fashions of society if they must win with them. that is where I draw the line. but seriously. an attractive girl in a bikini telling us about jesus is kinda strange as the male organ isn't going allow the brain to function normally if you catch my drift. im not saying that wearing a bikini is a sin but well you know where I live and what I do see on the beach when I go there.

Well I can follow but the fact is that most young women in the West do wear this sort of swimsuit if the context is approporiate. The swimsuit part of competitions is only one part of it, and it's all voluntary anyway.

I am with Claudya too! Although a Christian friend did post an amazing classical violin solo by a woman in a Miss America context from 1989 that was unbelievable. If she doesn't become a professional violinist, I miss my guess.

So yes to the talent, and no to the bathing suit and objectifying women. I would never watch a man's pageant, so why would I watch a women's?? Let's look at the abilities and esp. the heart.

Besides, when little girls who are 5 years old are forced into pageants, the whole thing smells wrong to me.

PS. No such scripture about someone dancing half naked before the king (which king?) unless the person who said it can actually find it. Try googling it! It is just not in the Bible!

I am with Claudya too! Although a Christian friend did post an amazing classical violin solo by a woman in a Miss America context from 1989 that was unbelievable. If she doesn't become a professional violinist, I miss my guess.

So yes to the talent, and no to the bathing suit and objectifying women. I would never watch a man's pageant, so why would I watch a women's?? Let's look at the abilities and esp. the heart.

Besides, when little girls who are 5 years old are forced into pageants, the whole thing smells wrong to me.

PS. No such scripture about someone dancing half naked before the king (which king?) unless the person who said it can actually find it. Try googling it! It is just not in the Bible!

I don't disagree that education is more important than looks. Above all, inward and spiritual beauty by the working of the grace of God. I don't completely disagree with dressing up in nice gowns, however, if this is what people want to do.

Blessings.

I think it's somewhere in the book of Esther, Queen Vashti or something???. Seems my brain has gone so El Classico that I find it hard to remember clearly. I will try to remember.

Bear with me and pls forgive my forgetfulness:sad

Not even just education, but character! We need to allow the Holy Spirit to transform us into his image. Both men and women. And there is nothing wrong with dressing up. I do it all the time - esp. for church when I am playing with the worship team. Or for weddings! Just not for the purpose of being better than other women.

Really the whole concept of winning for beauty, is so anti-Christian. So against what the following instructions tell us to do:

"3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Phil 2:3-4

Not even just education, but character! We need to allow the Holy Spirit to transform us into his image. Both men and women. And there is nothing wrong with dressing up. I do it all the time - esp. for church when I am playing with the worship team. Or for weddings! Just not for the purpose of being better than other women.

Sounds good, yes. The inward and spiritual comes first. Paul speaks of the 'inner man' in Ephesians.

Blessings.

uhm no. she is into the tea parties. not the anti-tax thing but actually doing tea and crimpets and different types of teas.

uhm no. she is into the tea parties. not the anti-tax thing but actually doing tea and crimpets and different types of teas.

Oh okay, Because often mothers and daughters are into fashion together. Not always, of course.

Blessings.

they don't live in the same state. both daughters are grown up and didn't move to florida when the pastor moved to lead here

they don't live in the same state. both daughters are grown up and didn't move to florida when the pastor moved to lead here

Oh okay. I guess a Southern dame, with her graces and dress sense, is a rather particular person with style...

they are from Michigan, while the pastor is from Kentucky. he has mostly lived in Michigan.

Michigan, intense and furiously busy, rather than Southern, relaxed and with all the time in the world...kind of a background to a pageant atmosphere, I guess...

heels_1%20(5).jpg

alexandertechnique.tv

As well as poise and elegance, it's inward cultivation and spirituality that needs to be enhnaced, right?

I don't know much about pageants, but I don't see anything wrong with a Christian woman being apart of it. If the other contestants are nasty, then there's an opportunity to witness.

Angel: So do you like the idea of preparing yourself to float on high heels in a nice gown, with your dh watching you from the front row? :)

Blessings.

That would be fun. :) I know he'd be proud of me. :) Though I don't think I'm exactly pagent girl material.

dh means dear hubby right? Just making sure.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back