Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did The Father "Give" Life to Jesus Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That scripture does NOT state Jesus created through the Father. That is language you are inserting into the text.

I tried several times to point out the very same writer stated the Father created through the Son.
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

We agree to disagree. Your free to believe as you do but I don't agree.

It is clear that The Father Created THROUGH Jesus Christ; and Jesus Christ Created THROUGH The Father.

What does this mean?

Very simple, that neither Person in the Eternal Godhead is in any way "greater" than the other.

In Galatians 1:1, Paul writes, "διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ καὶ θεοῦ πατρὸς", where we also have the same Greek preposition, "διὰ" used with the genitive. The English is usually translated as, "but through Jesus Christ and God the Father".

However, the original use of "διὰ", was "between two", which means, "together WITH"

The Father and Jesus Christ Created TOGETHER

This is clear from Hebrews 1:10-12, where the Father addresses Jesus Christ as THE ACTUAL CREATOR

This passage is taken from Psalm 102:24-27, where Creation is the Work of "'ĕlôhı̂ym"

Genesis 1:1 says, "In the Beginning 'ĕlôhı̂ym (masculine plural) Created the Heavens and the Earth"

You agree to disagree because you can't prove me wrong!

It is very clear to anyone with an honest mind that Hebrews 2.10 says that Jesus Christ Created THROUGH God the Father and is therefore 100% COEQUAL with Him

These are FACTS that no one can disprove
You mean the scripture from the very same writer that states God created through His Son doesn't state otherwise?
You mean the testimony from Jesus and His apostles that state God is His God and Father doesn't inform you as Jesus stated the Father is greater?
It must not be as clear as you state as even the Nicene creed states "all things were created through Him" (The Son)
Your unbelief in that doesn't make it a lie.

Feel free to ask
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you

You mean the scripture from the very same writer that states God created through His Son doesn't state otherwise?
You mean the testimony from Jesus and His apostles that state God is His God and Father doesn't inform you as Jesus stated the Father is greater?
It must not be as clear as you state as even the Nicene creed states "all things were created through Him" (The Son)
Your unbelief in that doesn't make it a lie.

Feel free to ask
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you

I quote the Holy Bible, the Word of God, and you respond with a human made "creed"!

you can try all you like, but you cannot get away from the FACT, that in Romans 11:36 and Hebrews 2:10, Creation is THROUGH the Father!

I quote the Holy Bible, the Word of God, and you respond with a human made "creed"!

you can try all you like, but you cannot get away from the FACT, that in Romans 11:36 and Hebrews 2:10, Creation is THROUGH the Father!
Neither of those scriptures has a created from through another. You are added that to the text.

The same writer of Romans has that directly stated.
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The same writer of Hebrews has that directly stated.
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Neither of those scriptures has a created from through another. You are added that to the text.

The same writer of Romans has that directly stated.
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The same writer of Hebrews has that directly stated.

so when the SAME Greek preposition, with the SAME case, is used for Jesus Christ is THROUGH, but, when used for the Father, is FOR or BY?

This is called DECEPTION!

I have no desire to comment on what you say, as you are clearly NOT being HONEST!

so when the SAME Greek preposition, with the SAME case, is used for Jesus Christ is THROUGH, but, when used for the Father, is FOR or BY?

This is called DECEPTION!

I have no desire to comment on what you say, as you are clearly NOT being HONEST!
Romans 11:36 Does not state Jesus created through the Father OR the Father created through Jesus. You are inserting creating through another that into the text.

Hebrews 2:10 Does not state Jesus created through the Father OR the Father created through Jesus. You are inserting creating through another into that text

Hebrews 1:2 does state God created through His Son.
1 Corth 8:6 does state all things came from God the Father and all things came through the Lord Jesus

Greetings SolaScriptura,
Jesus’ words here are very clear, and when examined closely, it will be seen not to even hint at the Father “giving” Him His Life.
Your Greek and some of your doctrines are outside the realm of my scholarship, but I prefer the plain testimony of the Scriptures, which similar to your professed forum title, I hold very close to my affection. To immediately cut across some of what you say, I believe that Jesus was a human, the son of God His Father by means of the Holy Spirit, and Mary His mother. As such, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father gave Jesus His life and He was born in Bethlehem, the Son of God.

At the age of about 33 years he died an agonising death and God gave him back His life and He was raised from the dead. I could start with many NT quotations to verify that God gave Jesus His life, especially his resurrected life, but I m very impressed by the following for starters:
Psalm 21:1–4 (KJV): 1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! 2 Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah. 3 For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head. 4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.

Kind regards
Trevor

Romans 11:36 Does not state Jesus created through the Father OR the Father created through Jesus. You are inserting creating through another that into the text.

Hebrews 2:10 Does not state Jesus created through the Father OR the Father created through Jesus. You are inserting creating through another into that text

Hebrews 1:2 does state God created through His Son.
1 Corth 8:6 does state all things came from God the Father and all things came through the Lord Jesus

Romans 11:36 and Hebrews 2:10 have the SAME Greek preposition used in Hebrews 1:2, which is THROUGH

WHO Created THROUGH the Father

Romans 11:36 and Hebrews 2:10 have the SAME Greek preposition used in Hebrews 1:2, which is THROUGH

WHO Created THROUGH the Father
I have already addressed this. Neither Romains 11:36 nor Hebrews 2:10 state God created through Jesus or Jesus created through God. As in anything in regard to one creating through another. That is something you are adding to the testimony.

Hebrews 1:2 Does state God created through the Son and I don't know why you would think He would state otherwise as in the Son creating through God.

It appears the sum total of the ministry of reconciliation to you as I read your posts in these forums is to state Jesus is Yahweh. You are free to believe that. I believe He has always been the only like to like begotten Son of the Father as in Him all the fullness of Yahweh was pleased to dwell.

You will read the Deity dwells "In Him" and therefore the Son is the image of the invisible God but you will not read He is that Deity.

You believe the Logos ended and became the Son and remained that Son. I believe God is. He never ends nor changes. He is not a Son of any other nor does He have a stated God or Father. Nor does He receive authority from any other. Or inherit anything from any other as He brought all things into existence and it all belongs to Him. God is the one who glorifies Jesus.

The stated glory is Christ the Lord of all and above all except the one who set Him above all.

To their God and to the lamb as the host of heaven declare.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back