Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did The Father "Give" Life to Jesus Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Go through my threads on Jesus Christ, and TRY to disprove ANY of them!
This thread is about what Jesus stated. He lives by the Father just as we live by Him.
I am only showing Jesus states truth. If you feel that is attempting to disprove you then perhaps "you" need to examine what you are stating. That has no bearing on me as I follow Him.

This thread is about what Jesus stated. He lives by the Father just as we live by Him.
I am only showing Jesus states truth. If you feel that is attempting to disprove you then perhaps "you" need to examine what you are stating. That has no bearing on me as I follow Him.

The OP shows that your understanding is Biblically FLAWED!

Then I judged it correctly.
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

I have shown that Jesus Christ is the SOURCE of Life. Which is only possible if He is YHWH

I have shown that Jesus Christ is the SOURCE of Life. Which is only possible if He is YHWH
All things came by the Father. All things came through the Son.
I have shown the eternal life in the Son is the Father.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

For God
so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life

For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.
For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

All things came by the Father. All things came through the Son.
I have shown the eternal life in the Son is the Father.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

For God
so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life

For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.
For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

Hebrews 2:10

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the originator of their salvation through sufferings

The HIM in this verse, is the Father, the "THROUGH WHOM" is Jesus Christ Creating THROUGH the Father!

You can try all you like, but you cannot honestly change the FACT, that here the Father is in a SECONDARY role to Jesus Christ. Exactly as in 1 Corinthians 1:9

Hebrews 2:10

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the originator of their salvation through sufferings

The HIM in this verse, is the Father, the "THROUGH WHOM" is Jesus Christ Creating THROUGH the Father!

You can try all you like, but you cannot honestly change the FACT, that here the Father is in a SECONDARY role to Jesus Christ. Exactly as in 1 Corinthians 1:9
Again the very same writer.
Hebrews 1:2
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
I don't think this states otherwise.
Hebrews 2:10 “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
Hebrews 2:10 “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

WHO Created THROUGH God the Father in Hebrews 2:10? Just answer this.

also for you

He not talking about life in the flesh in that I agree. But He lives by the Father just as we live by Him. Thats clearly stated.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

The Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father. Just as Jesus is in us and we in Him.

Col 1:19 -From the will of another. It remains the Fathers Deity. And it's "In Him" not Him.
But do you mean when He was on earth?
Jesus is God, He doesn't need to be given life.

Isn't that like saying He needs the Holy Spirit??

But do you mean when He was on earth?
Jesus is God, He doesn't need to be given life.

Isn't that like saying He needs the Holy Spirit??
I believe Jesus is a born Son of the Father before all things and the external life found in the Son is the Father.
Col 1:19 it is and remains the Fathers Deity. The Father is in Him and He in the Father and that before the world began; before the angels of God; before thrones and authorities were established in their heavenly places.
Jesus is all that the Father is because all the fullness of the Deity, or Godhead was pleased to dwell in Him. God in that context and one with the Father in that union. The radiance of the Fathers glory and imprint of Gods very being. The nature of the Logos is the Fathers nature not His own.

I agree in part.
Begotten from the Father before all worlds but not made.
To me its God from true God. A Son of the Father.

Hence Jesus never dies as those who live by believing in Him never die.

One through another is not stated in that text. "From whom and by whom is" and that one made Jesus the Captain of our salvation,

That is what you would like it to say. The Greek text disagrees with you!

"δι' ὃν τὰ πάντα καὶ δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα"

The first is "δι' ὃν" in the accusative case, "FOR Whom"; the second, "δι' οὗ", in the genitive case, "THROUGH Whom"

The latter is exactly how it reads in 1:2, "δι' οὗ"

IF Hebrews 1:2, when used for Jesus Christ means THROUGH Whom, then 2:10, when used for the Father, has to have the SAME meaning, unless you want to force a change because of your theology!

The SAME is in Romans 11:36

"ὅτι ἐξ αὐτοῦ καὶ δι' αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰς αὐτὸν τὰ πάντα"

Here also we have the genitive, "δι' αὐτοῦ", which is "THROUGH Him"

We simply cannot make things up as we go along because our "theology" needs us to, we must let the Bible speak to use as it does, honestly

That is what you would like it to say. The Greek text disagrees with you!

"δι' ὃν τὰ πάντα καὶ δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα"

The first is "δι' ὃν" in the accusative case, "FOR Whom"; the second, "δι' οὗ", in the genitive case, "THROUGH Whom"

The latter is exactly how it reads in 1:2, "δι' οὗ"

IF Hebrews 1:2, when used for Jesus Christ means THROUGH Whom, then 2:10, when used for the Father, has to have the SAME meaning, unless you want to force a change because of your theology!

The SAME is in Romans 11:36

"ὅτι ἐξ αὐτοῦ καὶ δι' αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰς αὐτὸν τὰ πάντα"

Here also we have the genitive, "δι' αὐτοῦ", which is "THROUGH Him"

We simply cannot make things up as we go along because our "theology" needs us to, we must let the Bible speak to use as it does, honestly
That scripture does NOT state Jesus created through the Father. That is language you are inserting into the text.

I tried several times to point out the very same writer stated the Father created through the Son.

We agree to disagree. Your free to believe as you do but I don't agree.

That scripture does NOT state Jesus created through the Father. That is language you are inserting into the text.

I tried several times to point out the very same writer stated the Father created through the Son.

We agree to disagree. Your free to believe as you do but I don't agree.

You agree to disagree because you can't prove me wrong!

It is very clear to anyone with an honest mind that Hebrews 2.10 says that Jesus Christ Created THROUGH God the Father and is therefore 100% COEQUAL with Him

These are FACTS that no one can disprove

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back