Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many “churches” are there?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Matt 28:19-20 I am with you (the apostles) until the end of the world
Acts 18: my witnesses to the end of the earth

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!
I am glad that we have only one Father, and mere men cannot usurp the title or authority.

I am glad that we have only one Father, and mere men cannot usurp the title or authority.
Then why is He the god of our fathers?

Who are all these fathers?

1. Exodus 3:6
    Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the Godof Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Exodus 3:15
    And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, theGod of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Duet 26:7
And when we cried unto the LordGod of our fathers, the Lord heard our voice, and looked on ouraffliction, and our labour, and ouroppression:

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 7:2
And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

1. Acts 22:14

And he said, The God of our fathershath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Spi
Did Paul really "beget" anybody ?
Can't you recognize a metafore ?
Spiritual children have spiritual fathers

1 tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Spiritual father and son

Then why is He the god of our fathers?

Who are all these fathers?

1. Exodus 3:6
    Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the Godof Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Exodus 3:15
    And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, theGod of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Duet 26:7
And when we cried unto the LordGod of our fathers, the Lord heard our voice, and looked on ouraffliction, and our labour, and ouroppression:

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 7:2
And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

1. Acts 22:14

And he said, The God of our fathershath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Calling one's dad "father" is not the target behind Jesus' command to refrain from calling random men "father".
Men bestowed upon themselves unwarranted authority by usurping the title.
Jesus forbade that.
Take it to heart that men today still usurp that which Jesus forbade.
Know that those who disobey Christ are not of God.

Did Paul command Timothy to call him "father" ?
Same thing

1 John 2

Spiritual father speaking to his spiritual children even though they are adult Christians that’s the holy church the household of faith the family of God! And Mary is our spiritual mother too!

Jesus said: I will NOT leave you orphan!

Same thing

1 John 2

Spiritual father speaking to his spiritual children even though they are adult Christians that’s the holy church the household of faith the family of God! And Mary is our spiritual mother too!

Jesus said: I will NOT leave you orphan!
No man that is a sinner is the spiritual "father" of a real Christian.
Jesus said not to call any man on earth your father, so will you obey, or make excuses to disobey ?

No man that is a sinner is the spiritual "father" of a real Christian.
Jesus said not to call any man on earth your father, so will you obey, or make excuses to disobey ?
Your in spiritual anarchy

The apostles and successors of the apostles are not impeccable
if "not impeccable" means "sinful", you are in error.
Jesus gave them all they needed to remain faithful to their repentance from sin and to Him.
You are portraying the apostles in your image instead of seeing them in Jesus' image.

if "not impeccable" means "sinful", you are in error.
Jesus gave them all they needed to remain faithful to their repentance from sin and to Him.
You are portraying the apostles in your image instead of seeing them in Jesus' image.
Yes and we must pray for the grace of perseverance but even the just man sins 7 times a day

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back