Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many “churches” are there?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, wedeceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Perfectly true, when uttered by those walking in darkness (sin).
But not true when uttered by those walking in light (God).
If we are walking in God, who is the light, there can be no sin in Him or in those in Him.

I serve one God, and you are trying to get me to serve men.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Obedience to the ministers the king appointed is obedience to the king himself and Christ says so!

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Lk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Thanks

You are in error.
If he sins even once, he is not just.
There are different kings of sins some are sins that do not cause us to lose justification or separation from God and some that do like murder,

1. 1 John 5:16
    If any man see his brother sin a sinwhich is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sinunto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
  2. 1 John 5:17
    All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Perfectly true, when uttered by those walking in darkness (sin).
But not true when uttered by those walking in light (God).
If we are walking in God, who is the light, there can be no sin in Him or in those in Him.
We referred to us Christians

All unrighteousness is sin, and all are worthy of the second death.
Not biblical

If any man see his brother sin a sinwhich is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sinunto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

I think I read where the Pope's word is infallible.
No!
That’s not correct!
Only if a valid pope make a declaration of faith or morals with full apostolic authority to the universal church from the chair of Peter!

Most popes never so and there has only be 3 or 4 in the last 300 odd years, example if you accept John Paul 2 as valid pope, he reigned for 25 years and only made one infallible statement!

What is the gift of infallibility?

The dogma of infallibility was formally proclaimed at the First Vatican Council in 1870. There are several requirements for a dogmatic, papal infallible pronouncement: (1) The pronouncement must be made by the lawful successor to Peter. (2) The subject matter must be in the area of faith and morals. (3) The pope must be speaking ex cathedra, that is from the very seat and office of Peter.
Jn 16:13
Thanks

No!
That’s not correct!
Only if a valid pope make a declaration of faith or morals with full apostolic authority to the universal church from the chair of Peter!

Most popes never so and there has only be 3 or 4 in the last 300 odd years, example if you accept John Paul 2 as valid pope, he reigned for 25 years and only made one infallible statement!

What is the gift of infallibility?

The dogma of infallibility was formally proclaimed at the First Vatican Council in 1870. There are several requirements for a dogmatic, papal infallible pronouncement: (1) The pronouncement must be made by the lawful successor to Peter. (2) The subject matter must be in the area of faith and morals. (3) The pope must be speaking ex cathedra, that is from the very seat and office of Peter.
Jn 16:13
Thanks
OK, thank you. The next problem I have with the Catholic Church is this praying to Mary and the saints.

And there can be no new doctrine!
Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 the fullness of revelation was given by Christ to his apostolic church “sacred deposit of truth”!

Obedience to the ministers the king appointed is obedience to the king himself and Christ says so!
John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Agreed

Lk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.​

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:​

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.​

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.​

Thanks​

God won't send sinners to stand in His shoes.

There are different kings of sins some are sins that do not cause us to lose justification or separation from God and some that do like murder,

All sin is sin.
Every sin merits a second death.

We referred to us Christians
"We", of 1 John 1, referred to either those who walk in darkness, or those who walk in the light.
Darkness is sin, (Pro 4:19), and light is God, (1 John 1:5).
"We" have the option of walking in either, but those walking in God don't commit sin.
"We" can't walk in both.

Not biblical

The only way to escape the second death for a sin is to repent of it, and never do it again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back