Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is getting a hair transplant sinful?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

rahrah

Okay so my question is just as the title says. Is it sinful to get a hair transplant?

I think I've had a problem with my hairline ever since I was born. All my sisters have strong healthy hairlines meanwhile mine sits high and my hair is fairly thin on the scalp, but thick and beautiful at the ends. I have quite thick hair, but on the top of my hair it's thin, kind of see through and it makes me so insecure. I've tried to fight this insecurity, but it left me feeling suicidal and I've started cutting myself a lot. It makes me hate myself, when It looks okay I just praise God and thank Him for helping me to fix it correctly. But it's really tiring and my bad thoughts are leadimg me more away from God. Some may think I'll do this for vanity, but I can clearly say that I'm not a person of pride. In fact I hate the sin pride. All glory belongs to God so It makes my skin boil to think that someone would think of themselves highly, and them only. I really want to create music for God, but I cannot think about standing on a stage in front of many people with them seeing the state of my hair because it makes me insecure. I really just want to be able to be okay with myself and put my focus on God, but this have really made it impossible to live my life.

I'm thinking about trying out rosemary oil by a brand called nature spell, and I truly hope that it will do the work. But if it won't then I'm contemplating getting a hair transplant. But as you see I have this concern that it is sinful. I don't want to sin against God. Even if my thoughts are bad, but I know that it is a sin to commit suicide so I've turned to cutting myself. I've even carved a big cross on my sternum.

I want to be set free from this problem, so I'm please asking you guys for advice. Thank you for all the answers, have a nice day. God bless you. <3

Okay so my question is just as the title says. Is it sinful to get a hair transplant?

I think I've had a problem with my hairline ever since I was born. All my sisters have strong healthy hairlines meanwhile mine sits high and my hair is fairly thin on the scalp, but thick and beautiful at the ends. I have quite thick hair, but on the top of my hair it's thin, kind of see through and it makes me so insecure. I've tried to fight this insecurity, but it left me feeling suicidal and I've started cutting myself a lot. It makes me hate myself, when It looks okay I just praise God and thank Him for helping me to fix it correctly. But it's really tiring and my bad thoughts are leadimg me more away from God. Some may think I'll do this for vanity, but I can clearly say that I'm not a person of pride. In fact I hate the sin pride. All glory belongs to God so It makes my skin boil to think that someone would think of themselves highly, and them only. I really want to create music for God, but I cannot think about standing on a stage in front of many people with them seeing the state of my hair because it makes me insecure. I really just want to be able to be okay with myself and put my focus on God, but this have really made it impossible to live my life.

I'm thinking about trying out rosemary oil by a brand called nature spell, and I truly hope that it will do the work. But if it won't then I'm contemplating getting a hair transplant. But as you see I have this concern that it is sinful. I don't want to sin against God. Even if my thoughts are bad, but I know that it is a sin to commit suicide so I've turned to cutting myself. I've even carved a big cross on my sternum.

I want to be set free from this problem, so I'm please asking you guys for advice. Thank you for all the answers, have a nice day. God bless you. <3

All glory belongs to God so It makes my skin boil to think that someone would think of themselves highly, and them only. I really want to create music for God, but I cannot think about standing on a stage in front of many people with them seeing the state of my hair because it makes me insecure. I really just want to be able to be okay with myself and put my focus on God, but this have really made it impossible to live my life.

Seems to me you are blinded by pride. You are more concerned with your looks than making music for God's glory.

Ask yourself for whos glory are you doing it for?

Christ and Paul were not pleasing to the eye by any means.

Paul was not concerned about his stature or looks, all that mattered to him was preaching the gospel.

Just my thoughts.

On a side note, if you get a hairplant, will it go against your conscience?

“It is neither right nor safe to go against my conscience.”​

― Martin Luther

Grace and peace to you.

Seems to me you are blinded by pride. You are more concerned with your looks than making music for God's glory.

Ask yourself for whos glory are you doing it for?

Christ and Paul were not pleasing to the eye by any means.

Paul was not concerned about his stature or looks, all that mattered to him was preaching the gospel.

Just my thoughts.

On a side note, if you get a hairplant, will it go against your conscience?

“It is neither right nor safe to go against my conscience.”​

― Martin Luther

Grace and peace to you.
Thanks for the reply!
As I wrote, I want to make music for God. I can and will do it. But I will still be insecure, and it's one of the big reasons I'm suicidal and cut myself.
When I get these thoughts I can't escape them, and I can assure you that I've really tried.
I'm afraid that one day I'll cut too deep or that my thoughts are that bad that my attempts will turn successful.
I don't want to be prideful and thank you for seeing that for me. I hate that I am this way so truly, thank you.

Thanks for the reply!
As I wrote, I want to make music for God. I can and will do it. But I will still be insecure, and it's one of the big reasons I'm suicidal and cut myself.
When I get these thoughts I can't escape them, and I can assure you that I've really tried.
I'm afraid that one day I'll cut too deep or that my thoughts are that bad that my attempts will turn successful.
I don't want to be prideful and thank you for seeing that for me. I hate that I am this way so truly, thank you.
Why do you cut yourself?

Are you seeking attention.

Do you truly hate your appearance?

Please understand that the Lord has made us all how we are, with imperfections.

We need to thank God for how we look, and not try to change it.

Dont be like those Hollywood crazies who are never satisfied with how they look.

If you are than insecure, your relationship with the Lord needs to be more secure.

You need to understand the sovereignty of God.

Last edited:
Why do you cut yourself?

Are you seeking attention.

Do you truly hate your appearance?

Please understand that the Lord has made us all how we are, with imperfections.

WWe need to thank God for how we look, not try to change it.

If you are than insecure, your relationship with the Lord needs to be more secure.

You need to understand the sovereignty of God.
I cut because I hate myself. I don't cut myself for attention. It's a thing I hide and I'm ashamed of it.

I truly hate how my brain is functioning because I can never live up to God's standard. Even when I cut crosses into my skin to show God that I am His and that I love Him I am still unable to make God pleased and satisfied with me.

I just wish I could feel His love. And I know that He showed it on the cross when He died for us all. But why is He not present with me? Why is He not tangible. I can't feel Him and that's why I' having a hard time knowing Him. My spirit have grown weak and disgusting.

I cut because I hate myself. I don't cut myself for attention. It's a thing I hide and I'm ashamed of it.

I truly hate how my brain is functioning because I can never live up to God's standard. Even when I cut crosses into my skin to show God that I am His and that I love Him I am still unable to make God pleased and satisfied with me.

I just wish I could feel His love. And I know that He showed it on the cross when He died for us all. But why is He not present with me? Why is He not tangible. I can't feel Him and that's why I' having a hard time knowing Him. My spirit have grown weak and disgusting.
Hate the sin in you.

Use your brain as a sponge let it soak up Gods written word daily, multiple times a day.

God is not interested in the self-mutilation that you do.

You do not understand the love of God.

How do you know that you are saved?

Hate the sin in you.

Use your brain as a sponge let it soak up Gods written word daily, multiple times a day.

God is not interested in the self-mutilation that you do.

You do not understand the love of God.

How do you know that you are saved?
I've tried to hate the sin in me, but started to realise that I'm the one at fault for falling into sin. It's not the sin that makes me sin. I should be fully aware of what I do and what my body proceeds to do. And sin should be punished. I should be punished for sinning. It's justice.

I know that I am saved through Jesus that died for everyone on the cross, and if I were to confess that I believe that it is true and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior then I am saved. And I'm also trying to live after the commandments and how the bible tells me to live, and trying to form a relationship with God to know Him. That's how I know that I am saved.

What did your parents say about the hair transplant and your self mutilation ?
I'm thinking about getting a hair transplant when I get older and move out because I want to get a job so that I can afford it. I also don't want to make my mother pay for it because we're fairly poor.
When my mother got to know that I self harm she got really mad at me and told me some mean stuff, but I love her. She now thinks I have quit, but I never stopped.

She now thinks I have quit, but I never stopped.
You need to tell her you are still self harming so that she can help you !
And I'm also trying to live after the commandments and how the bible tells me to live, and trying to form a relationship with God to know Him.
One of those commandments concerns your parents , you mom can get you help with your self harming .

12 Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

https://www.whatchristianswanttokno...-those-struggling-with-cutting-and-self-harm/

You need to tell her you are still self harming so that she can help you !

One of those commandments concerns your parents , you mom can get you help with your self harming .

12 Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

https://www.whatchristianswanttokno...-those-struggling-with-cutting-and-self-harm/

I am currently getting help. But I really feel like nothing is helping. I'm getting worse and worse every day and I really don't want to live another day feeling like this. I hoped things would get better, but they got worse.
And my mother doesn't help me, she just tells me mean stuff if I tell her something she doesn't want to hear.

Have you explained to the caregiver what they are doing is not helping you ? They want to help you .

Are you following the advice and treatment the caregiver is providing ?
I am following their advice, but it seems like they're not taking my problem serious. And when I speak about christianity to them, like it's a lifestyle, but it's also a big problem that I need help with together with a person that knows Christ, they kind of scoff at it. Or I remember one session I had and I said, yes I'm trying to live like the bible says, and the person kept referring the bible as "the book" line he didn't want to say the bible. I don't know what they have against it or not. All I know is that I really can't see a difference in myself except for that I'm getting worse and worse every week.

And when I speak about christianity to them, like it's a lifestyle, but it's also a big problem that I need help with together with a person that knows Christ, they kind of scoff at it.
When you were not a Christian , did you consider Christianity to be a lifestyle ? Or what did you think of Christians ?
Or I remember one session I had and I said, yes I'm trying to live like the bible says, and the person kept referring the bible as "the book" line he didn't want to say the bible.
Not an unexpected reaction from some non-Christians .
I don't know what they have against it or not.
How was it that you became a Christian ?

Do you have any Christian friends ?

Do you attend a Christian Church ?

When you were not a Christian , did you consider Christianity to be a lifestyle ? Or what did you think of Christians ?
I considered it as being weak because I was supposed to forgive others, but now I don't even hold grudges with people.
Not an unexpected reaction from some non-Christians
I didn't expect any other reaction from them to be honest.
How was it that you became a Christian ?
I got asked by a man who is christian if I wanted to receive Jesus, and I said yes.
Do you have any Christian friends ?
I have christian adult friends yes.
Do you attend a Christian Church ?
I don't attend to church, but my school has this kind of thing every month where we gather to praise God with the whole school. We also have faily bible verses and weekly ones. It's a christian private school.

I considered it as being weak because I was supposed to forgive others, but now I don't even hold grudges with people.
Yes , we should forgive others , Amen !
I got asked by a man who is christian if I wanted to receive Jesus, and I said yes.
How long has the self harm been going on and did it start before you became a Christian ?
I have christian adult friends yes.
Have you confided with any of them your problem of self harm or maybe just asked for them to pray for your health ?
I don't attend to church, but my school has this kind of thing every month where we gather to praise God with the whole school. We also have faily bible verses and weekly ones. It's a christian private school.
At the monthly praise gathering is there a time of prayer offered where prayers are said on behalf of the ones who have needs in their life ?

Thanks for the reply!
There may be several contributing factors as to why your hair is thin on the top of your head.

Diet is one. Do you het enough animal proteins and fats? Many doctors recommend eating your ideal body weight in grams of protein and fat, every day. Doing this (along with bone broth) has cured my hair issues in just a few months. And I continue to eat this way.

Also, if you live with a lot of stress, this can overtax your adrenals and cause thinning hair. How are things in your life? Any stress, past trauma un-dealt with?

If you've had covid, that can cause thyroid issues, and thus, hair loss. That happened to me. After having covid, my thyroid swelled up, and I began losing my hair every 6 months. Changing my diet to carnivore (I eat only animal fats and proteins), my hair almost immediately began to cease falling out and it began to grow rapidly and to thicken. My skin and muscle tone improved as well.

I do not believe hair transplants are a sin. But I am concerned it might damage your scalp, when getting proper animal proteins a d fats would heal and improve the issue from the inside out. (And there is the added benefit that eating this way heals depression and other brain and hormonal issues.)

Have you ever struggled with suicidal ideation in the past?

❤️🙏❤️

And I'm also trying to live after the commandments and how the bible tells me to live, and trying to form a relationship with God to know Him. That's how I know that I am saved.
You are saved by grace through faith, and not by your works lest you should boast of your own goodness instead of God's goodness. No one is justified by the works of the law. We are justified through faith in Christ alone, and His finished work on the cross. When we stand before Him on judgment day we won't get into the kingdom by boasting of our works. We will get in because we are washed clean by His blood. This is the truth.

Do you remember the passage where Jesus said that there will be those who stand before Him recounting all the things they did in His name, and Jesus looks at them and says ...."Depart from me, you who work iniquity, for I never knew you." Those people placed their trust in themselves and their own works rather than in Christ and His work.

God truly loves you. He sent His Son to die for us while we were yet sinners. He knows we could never be good enough ....and He loved us anyways. That's the beauty of it. Do you see? You are FREE! You don't need to earn His love. He already loves you. All He wants in return is .....your love. Just love Him. He loved you first... just love Him back. 😊 Focus there... and out of that love, naturally, you will begin to do things that please Him. Good works will flow from a heart that knows they are loved. (Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments.") Get rooted deeply in His love ... don't force it. Just be loved. Let Him love you.

I'm praying for you ...I know what it's like to live with self hatred. I'm praying God will give you a deep revelation of His love for you and that you will begin to walk and live in it every day. No more performance. ❤️

Hey All,
@rahah, your OP does not say if you are a young man or a young woman. If you are a young man, it is uncommon for a teen to have a high hairline. But it is not, however, the end of the world different.
If you are a young lady, it's fair to say that it is more uncommon. But, again, I have heard of it before. I know at 15 it seems earth shattering. But like everything else, you will grow into what you will become. Be thankful instead of resentful. There are s lot worse ailments that you could have.

Now listen to me young lady. In the name of Jesus, and with all the love in my heart, stop cutting yourself. It is not acceptable for you to ruin the body God has given you.
You are worried that hair transplants are a sin? Why aren't you worried about the sin you commit when you cut yourself?
What is the golden rule in Scripture?

Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

You are breaking the command by cutting yourself. You have to love yourself. Then you can love others. Deliberate self-destructive behavior is sin. So cutting yourself is a sin. Stop doing this.

If you have to, get rid of all the knives, razors, and whatever else you use to cut yourself. Don't allow yourself to come into contact with a utensil that can be used to cut yourself. Ask your parents to cut your food and tell them why. What parent would refuse that request? Take positive steps to not be around the items that make cutting possible.

Wake up every day and after you thank God for the day, ask Him to lead and guide you through the day. When lunch rolls around, give thanks for your food, and ask again for His continued guidance. Also confess any sin even if you were just thinking about it. Then before you go to bed, thank God for the day, and His guidance. Confess any sin or thoughts of sin you had.
Do you understand why?
Doing this makes you accountable to God throughout the whole day. Once you become accountable, you will begin to act accountable. Your love for God, and yourself, will become more important than the sin you would commit.

I would still encourage you take any help that is offered. God can use even unbelievers to help you. Accept what they say. If it does not compromise your beliefs, follow it.

I hope this helps.
I just want to reach thru these devices and give you a big old hug. Keep trying.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:

In principle it's no sin whatsoever. If in the normal course of events one has extra money for it, why not as sooner get a pro to add hair, as a hairdresser/barber to remove hair? I'd advise doing your research first, though, into the pros & cons of different types of hair transplant. There is a general biblical principle of playing our part for good mental peace (eg 1 Cor.7:15). Something similar could be said about physical and spiritual peace/wholeness.

PS: I have just read the fuller thread. Besides issues of understanding God's love - we are superfluous to him (he needs us not) and precious to him irrespective of what we can offer him - there can be factors such as chemical imbalance at work: https://archive.org/details/masksofmelanchol0000whit. All the best.

Last edited:
Back