Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question About Mary

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get the Catholic answer, which is what I was seeking, but I have not come to agreement with that answer. Endless repetitive debate doesn't help but in fact has just the opposite effect.

No, I could not close the thread. I don't have the authority either as a site staff member or as a courtesy to the forum overseer, Mungo.
There is little point closing the thread.
There are some here that have little or no interest in rational debate; they just was to try and rubbish the Catholic Church (IMO of course).
If I closed this thread they would just pick another one to argue in.

As I thought. You cannot answer the points I made so you just evade them.

I am not evading anything! You are a slave to false doctrine. Scripture doesn't support a single thing that you claim about Mary. She was a young woman chosen to give birth to Jesus -- and to His brothers. She did a fair job of her part in raising Jesus, even though it was Joseph who was clearly responsible for raising him. She was present when He died and was with the group of believers shortly thereafter. When Jesus was informed that she and His brothers came to see him, he had no interest in seeing them. That is what the Bible says; what you claim it says is irrelevant.

Why do you have a compulsion to invent one myth after another about Mary, when the Bible says something different? Do you think she will be mad at you if you don't keep defending her? Why are you compelled to spew one unScriptural claim after another about a long-dead woman who is a minor figure in the Bible?

I would really like the answer to this question? Please explain your compulsion to endlessly glorify Mary.

I am not evading anything! You are a slave to false doctrine. Scripture doesn't support a single thing that you claim about Mary. She was a young woman chosen to give birth to Jesus -- and to His brothers. She did a fair job of her part in raising Jesus, even though it was Joseph who was clearly responsible for raising him. She was present when He died and was with the group of believers shortly thereafter. When Jesus was informed that she and His brothers came to see him, he had no interest in seeing them. That is what the Bible says; what you claim it says is irrelevant.

Why do you have a compulsion to invent one myth after another about Mary, when the Bible says something different? Do you think she will be mad at you if you don't keep defending her? Why are you compelled to spew one unScriptural claim after another about a long-dead woman who is a minor figure in the Bible?

I would really like the answer to this question? Please explain your compulsion to endlessly glorify Mary.

I gave you 6 arguments, all supported by scripture and you have failed even to attempt to answer any of them.

I gave you 6 arguments, all supported by scripture and you have failed even to attempt to answer any of them.

So you can't or won't answer this...

Why do you have a compulsion to invent one myth after another about Mary? Do you think she will be mad at you if you don't keep defending her? Why are you compelled to spew one unScriptural claim after another about a long-dead woman who is a minor figure in the Bible?

So you can't or won't answer this...

Why do you have a compulsion to invent one myth after another about Mary? Do you think she will be mad at you if you don't keep defending her? Why are you compelled to spew one unScriptural claim after another about a long-dead woman who is a minor figure in the Bible?

Still evading giving an answer to my 6 arguments, or the arguments that God Is My Judge gave.

They are not myths.
Since the arguments I gave, and that God Is My Judge gave, are scripture based they are not unscriptural arguments.

The truth is that you have no answer and try one evasion after another.

Still evading giving an answer to my 6 arguments, or the arguments that God Is My Judge gave.

They are not myths.
Since the arguments I gave, and that God Is My Judge gave, are scripture based they are not unscriptural arguments.

The truth is that you have no answer and try one evasion after another.
So you can't or won't answer my question. You (unsurprisingly) change the subject. That speaks volumes!

So you can't or won't answer my question. You (unsurprisingly) change the subject. That speaks volumes!

No, I haven't changed the subject. The subject we have been discussing is Mary's ever-virginity.
You are trying to evade the issue by demanding answers to new questions.
If I answer them you will just raise more questions to evade any attempt to answer the scriptural arguments raised.

No, I haven't changed the subject. The subject we have been discussing is Mary's ever-virginity.
You are trying to evade the issue by demanding answers to new questions.
If I answer them you will just raise more questions to evade any attempt to answer the scriptural arguments raised.
Obviously you can't give a reason for your obsession with Mary's "ever virginity". Your excuse for not answering is very sad. I believe what the Bible clearly says re Mary's supposed "ever virginity": Jesus had brothers!!! Either they were also immaculately conceived or Mary had intercourse and produced Jesus' siblings.

Obviously you can't give a reason for your obsession with Mary's "ever virginity". Your excuse for not answering is very sad. I believe what the Bible clearly says re Mary's supposed "ever virginity": Jesus had brothers!!! Either they were also immaculately conceived or Mary had intercourse and produced Jesus' siblings.

I don't have an obsession with Mary's ever-virginity.
As I showed, and God is my Judge showed, scripture is clear that Mary was ever-virgin. You just have no answer to the arguments raised.
You can't even show that these "brothers" were Mary's children. You cling to your personal and fallible opinion that they were. But there is no biblical evidence for those opinion

I don't have an obsession with Mary's ever-virginity.
As I showed, and God is my Judge showed, scripture is clear that Mary was ever-virgin. You just have no answer to the arguments raised.
You can't even show that these "brothers" were Mary's children. You cling to your personal and fallible opinion that they were. But there is no biblical evidence for those opinion

You do have an obsession with Mary's ever-virginity. You post multiple cut-and-paste arguments giving the reasons, but none of them agree with Scripture.

As I showed, and God is my Judge showed, scripture is clear that Mary was a virgin when Christ was born, but not after that.

The Bible says in several places that Jesus had brothers. If you don't accept that then you're denying Scripture.

You cling to your personal and fallible opinion; I believe the Bible.

Again, why are you obsessed with Mary's supposed virgin status? Is there something wrong with a woman having intercourse with her husband?

You do have an obsession with Mary's ever-virginity. You post multiple cut-and-paste arguments giving the reasons, but none of them agree with Scripture.

Another false accusation.
I have only responded to false claims about Mary not ever virgin.

The person who first introduced that false claim in this thread was YOU in post #58
And you have been obsessed with it ever since.
As I showed, and God is my Judge showed, scripture is clear that Mary was a virgin when Christ was born, but not after that.

You showed nothing of the sort.
The Bible says in several places that Jesus had brothers. If you don't accept that then you're denying Scripture.

The Bible doesn't say they were uterine brothers.
You have gone beyond what is written

You cling to your personal and fallible opinion; I believe the Bible.

No you don't believe the Bible.You believe your personal and fallible interpretaion of the Bible.
Again, why are you obsessed with Mary's supposed virgin status?

I'm not obsessed with it. I don't keep bringing it up as you do.

Is there something wrong with a woman having intercourse with her husband?
Mary is not just A woman. She is the Mother of God. She bore God in her womb. How many other women have ever done that?

Or perhaps you think Jesus is not God; just some nice guy.

Now perhaps you could answer the scriptural arguments that I and God Is My Judge made on the topic.

Another false accusation.
I have only responded to false claims about Mary not ever virgin.

The person who first introduced that false claim in this thread was YOU in post #58
And you have been obsessed with it ever since.

You showed nothing of the sort.

The Bible doesn't say they were uterine brothers.
You have gone beyond what is written

No you don't believe the Bible.You believe your personal and fallible interpretaion of the Bible.

I'm not obsessed with it. I don't keep bringing it up as you do.

Mary is not just A woman. She is the Mother of God. She bore God in her womb. How many other women have ever done that?

Or perhaps you think Jesus is not God; just some nice guy.

Now perhaps you could answer the scriptural arguments that I and God Is My Judge made on the topic.
I don't have to answer your false claims. You are clearly obsessed with Mary's (unScriptural) virginity; I will never understand why. You have never given a valid reason for your obsession. End of story.

I just want scriptual evidence Mary was ever virgin as some claim, but there is none. She was a virgin when she gave birth to her first born son, that is it.

Anything from there is just a theory and belief based on no scriptual facts and evidence.

If people want to believe it that's fine but there is nothing to back it up and there is nothing that makes Mary more special if she was ever virgin anyhow. Its not a sin for a woman to get married and have a baby with there husband and if they don't it makes them more Holy. God loves life. He is life.

Even as Paul said if someone wants to stay virgin that is good for them devoting there time to God, but also if someone wants to get married and have chldren that's also good and is not a sin. It doesn't matter as long as God comes first. Don't get distracted or manipulated and just stay on path and stay righteous in God's word and all is good.
Lol! Virgin when she conceived and bore Christ, a virgin soul through being born of the imperishable seed, and is presented to God as a pure virgin as St. Paul teaches and ever virgin when taken up with Christ at His ascension. For, that mortal put on immortality and is neither taken nor given in marriage, as is the case for all who are resurrected, whether in an instant, in a twinkling of an eye or after having died to the earth.

He said, she said, he said again, she said again, he said a third time, she said a third time, he said a fourth time, she said a fourth time, he said a fifth time, she said a fifth time, he said a sixth time, she said a sixth time,..... is it possible to get to the end of this?
:whirl
Lol! Is it? because it doesn't seem possible with people like you who can't fit the ends to the means or the means to the end- basic math. You can be taught an equation over and over and over 1 of 2 things will happen, either you finally get it and pass or fail as is the present case so far. So, the teacher will do his or her best to teach you the basics until well, time is up!

I did get the Catholic answer, which is what I was seeking, but I have not come to agreement with that answer. Endless repetitive debate doesn't help but in fact has just the opposite effect.

No, I could not close the thread. I don't have the authority either as a site staff member or as a courtesy to the forum overseer, Mungo.
Well, if you're not in it to be divine ( which seems to be the case) as Christ is, then you need to throw in the towel. And yes, Mary is Divine, is she in heaven? Then yes divine.

St. Gregory the Theologian: Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us.​

posts-icon-gregory-theologianYesterday I was crucified with Him; today I am glorified with Him.
Yesterday I died with Him; today I am made alive with Him.
Yesterday I was buried with Him; today I am raised up with Him.
Let us offer to Him Who suffered and rose again for us … ourselves, the possession most precious to God and most proper.
Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us.
Let us become Divine for His sake, since for us He became Man.
He assumed the worse that He might give us the better. He became poor that by His poverty we might become rich. He accepted the form of a servant that we might win back our freedom.
He came down that we might be lifted up. He was tempted that through Him we might conquer. He was dishonored that He might glorify us. He died that He might save us. He ascended that He might draw to Himself us, who were thrown down through the fall of sin.
Let us give all, offer all, to Him who gave Himself a Ransom and Reconciliation for us.
We needed an incarnate God, a God put to death, that we might live. We were put to death together with Him that we might be cleansed. We rose again with Him because we were put to death with Him. We were glorified with Him because we rose again with Him.
A few drops of Blood recreate the whole of creation!
— St. Gregory the Theologian, Easter Orations
Published on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 and tagged Orthodox Life, Pascha

I wonder what happened to Joseph. Scripture says a disciple took Mary in from that day on, so if Jospeh was around she would be with Jospeh . Maybe he died because it doesn't make sense Mary would be taken in by a diciple and not her husband.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to Joseph. Scripture says a disciple took Mary in from that day on, so if Jospeh was around she would be with Jospeh . Maybe he died because it doesn't make sense Mary would be taken in by a diciple and not her husband.
Yeah, he did die. And maybe if my brother was born my sister, he would be my kids aunt not uncle. How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world will never know. LOL!

How do you know it was clearly Joseph that raised Jesus?

I don't have to answer your false claims. You are clearly obsessed with Mary's (unScriptural) virginity; I will never understand why. You have never given a valid reason for your obsession. End of story.
You are living in a fantasy world of your own.
But if that is what you want - then so be it.

Well, if you're not in it to be divine ( which seems to be the case) as Christ is, then you need to throw in the towel. And yes, Mary is Divine, is she in heaven? Then yes divine.

St. Gregory the Theologian: Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us.​

posts-icon-gregory-theologianYesterday I was crucified with Him; today I am glorified with Him.
Yesterday I died with Him; today I am made alive with Him.
Yesterday I was buried with Him; today I am raised up with Him.
Let us offer to Him Who suffered and rose again for us … ourselves, the possession most precious to God and most proper.
Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us.
Let us become Divine for His sake, since for us He became Man.
He assumed the worse that He might give us the better. He became poor that by His poverty we might become rich. He accepted the form of a servant that we might win back our freedom.
He came down that we might be lifted up. He was tempted that through Him we might conquer. He was dishonored that He might glorify us. He died that He might save us. He ascended that He might draw to Himself us, who were thrown down through the fall of sin.
Let us give all, offer all, to Him who gave Himself a Ransom and Reconciliation for us.
We needed an incarnate God, a God put to death, that we might live. We were put to death together with Him that we might be cleansed. We rose again with Him because we were put to death with Him. We were glorified with Him because we rose again with Him.
A few drops of Blood recreate the whole of creation!
— St. Gregory the Theologian, Easter Orations
Published on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 and tagged Orthodox Life, Pascha
I don't know what you're talking about here. I have not been debating this with you. If you're attempting to troll me into engaging in a debate, it isn't going to happen so there's no towel to be thrown in as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back