Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question About Mary

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any scriptural evidence for that claim?

Again...

John 1:45, "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

John 6:42a, "and they said, “Isn’t this Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?"

If you don't know that in NT times, sons were raised by their fathers; the women "kept house" you need to do some reading. I won't do research about NT society for you.

Again...

John 1:45, "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

John 6:42a, "and they said, “Isn’t this Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?"
I'm not disputing who Jesus' (earthly) father was. But none of those quotes show that his father raised him

If you don't know that in NT times, sons were raised by their fathers; the women "kept house" you need to do some reading. I won't do research about NT society for you.

For someone who insists on Sola Scriptura why can't you supply scripture to back up your claims?
Or does Sola Scriptura not apply to your claims?
As you keep saying to me - I'm not interested in your opinions.

I'm not disputing who Jesus' (earthly) father was. But none of those quotes show that his father raised him

For someone who insists on Sola Scriptura why can't you supply scripture to back up your claims?
Or does Sola Scriptura not apply to your claims?
As you keep saying to me - I'm not interested in your opinions.

Okay, Joseph didn't raise Him. He was raised by some itinerant goatherds.

Believe what you want. Unlike yourself I read the Bible and believe what it says. I don't believe the mythology of generations of "church fathers" who invent one false doctrine after another. It is astonishing to me that so many people who should know better choose the mythology of men over the word of God.

Sola scriptura!

You are getting too personal here.
RULE 1.3: Use self control and focus on reconcilliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.
Lol! He tells me I have a chip on my shoulder and I give it to him both barrels, and I am getting too personal? How's this, " I don't give much thought of him" , " I don't think of him much at all". So, done! I'll consider him in the same way he shows consideration for the Theotokos. You try to have a good day Mungo. You continue to support the haters and I will relentlessly defend the righteous whom they Hate. Let's see who will be judging who at the end of it all.
" Do you not know the saints will judge the world?" Trust me, no shame in my game.

Okay, Joseph didn't raise Him. He was raised by some itinerant goatherds.

If you believe in Sola Scriptura then produce the scripture that says fathers raised their children.

Of course you cannot.
Believe what you want. Unlike yourself I read the Bible and believe what it says. I don't believe the mythology of generations of "church fathers" who invent one false doctrine after another. It is astonishing to me that so many people who should know better choose the mythology of men over the word of God.

Sola scriptura!
Crude Catholic bashing will not be tolerated. Be warned.

This thread is currently serving no useful purpose.

Unless anyone has any more to say on the topic I will close it.

Obviously you have no understanding of sola scriptura. If you think that the variety of English translations has anything to do with this principle then there is no point in further discussion.
Thus why you fail every time you claim sola scriptura!!!

NOVUM TESTAMENTUM GRAECE
is in it's 27th edition
United Bible Society has 4 different editions

These are not English translations!!! They are the Greek text you get your English translations from!!!

Do you even know which edition your English translation Bible comes form... I think not!!

Time to look up your English Translation... which sola scriptura Greek edition did it come from....
You make it easy!!!

Paul

This thread is currently serving no useful purpose.

Unless anyone has any more to say on the topic, please close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back