Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelations questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There are some things about the Book of Revelations that have been nagging at me for a while now; and I hope some of my fellow members can help me to figure it out.

Now I know the only Church (or Temple) God has ever built upon this earth is the physical human body. Our bodies are a Temple Unto Our Lord; so I have no concern with the 7 letters to the 7 Churches.

There is Prophecy concerning the end times in other Book's; but only in Revelations does it warn of consequences of "changing" a single word of the Prophecy given? That I cannot understand; unless the whole point was to ensure that some of that Prophecy could never be fulfilled.

I know that God can do anything He pleases; but I also believe God has no interest in "putting on a show" for those who hold doubt in their hearts.

You and Jesus seem to have a difference of opinion . Please Explain what you mean when you say "no concern" .
Sorry, I guess I was not aware that Christ actually wrote the Book of Revelations. And my meaning, I believe; was asking what the point of mentioning consequences for changing anything in Revelations; when there is no mention of consequences about any of the other Prophecy concerning the end times. Why would "Christ" indicate that in just one Book of the Bible; if what was "absolutely required" must not be changed?

Sorry, to answer your question more clearly; the 7 letters to the 7 Churches are a part of the "words that must not be changed"; but I have no issue with my understanding that part of it.

I would think tampering with any of God's word will have consequences . Would you want to take that risk ? Proverbs Chapter 30 .

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Does the warning in Revelation 22:18-19 apply to the entire Bible or just the Book of Revelation?
Thank you so much for that link; it did help answer some of what has been nagging at me. I do wonder however; if every Christian does not witness (see for their own eyes) the exact words of the Prophecy of Revelations; will there always be doubt that they have actually transpired with most of the people?

Sorry, I guess I was not aware that Christ actually wrote the Book of Revelations. And my meaning, I believe; was asking what the point of mentioning consequences for changing anything in Revelations; when there is no mention of consequences about any of the other Prophecy concerning the end times. Why would "Christ" indicate that in just one Book of the Bible; if what was "absolutely required" must not be changed?
To be precise we'd have to say that John the Apostle wrote the book of Revelation when he was very old, close to the time of his natural death on an island in Greece (near Turkey). In fact, it's not absolutely certain if John died on the island or had been returned to Ephesus (in Turkey) before his death. It was written in the late period of the 1st century.
Maybe between 70 and 90AD.

However, it was all visions given to him by Jesus, and so we could say that he wrote what Jesus inspired John to write.

The warning not to remove or add anything to the book of Revelation is specific to this book.
However, it's wise not to change the wording of any book in the bible since the entire bible is inspired by God in some way or other.

I'm not sure we can know why the warning was given specifically for Revelation.
If I can find anything on it, I'll post it.

Enlightenedtruth

This might explain about the warning not to add or subtract words in Revelation:

God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book - These "plagues" refer to the numerous methods described in this book as those in which God would bring severe judgment upon the persecutors of the church and the corrupters of religion. The meaning is, that such a person would be regarded as an enemy of his religion, and would share the fearful doom of all such enemies.
source: https://biblehub.com/commentaries/revelation/22-18.htm

Enlightenedtruth

This might explain about the warning not to add or subtract words in Revelation:

God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book - These "plagues" refer to the numerous methods described in this book as those in which God would bring severe judgment upon the persecutors of the church and the corrupters of religion. The meaning is, that such a person would be regarded as an enemy of his religion, and would share the fearful doom of all such enemies.
source: https://biblehub.com/commentaries/revelation/22-18.htm
Thank you, that does make for some interesting reading.

The truth of what is here, I believe; is going to be more "real life" than "myth". Revelations will reflect upon the Heavens, the "minds eye" of most every person will see the "truth revealed" even if they are asleep. Those who have closed themselves off to God will see nothing.
As for "changing" a single word of what was written; I reckon God does have the Authority to carry out His Will; whether the people understand or disagree.

The truth of what is here, I believe; is going to be more "real life" than "myth". Revelations will reflect upon the Heavens, the "minds eye" of most every person will see the "truth revealed" even if they are asleep. Those who have closed themselves off to God will see nothing.
As for "changing" a single word of what was written; I reckon God does have the Authority to carry out His Will; whether the people understand or disagree.
Actually, E, I wouldn't spend my life reading Revelation.
It's all metaphor (not all, sorry about that) and visions and no one is absolutely sure
what it all means.
There are some parts that are very clear.
I would tend to invest my time in those instead of getting into these debates that go on forever
and which there is NO WAY we could know what John meant.

It's all metaphor (not all, sorry about that) and visions and no one is absolutely sure
what it all means.
I would tend to invest my time in those instead of getting into these debates that go on forever
That is a good point, and it does relate to the OP. I believe God is not always clear in any "vision" that He does bestow; He would rather we use our own minds to figure it out.
What other believe is important for me to understand at this time; because I would like to save every man, woman and child who could be saved. I know that is an impossible task; and I know that the good people who are lost shall return in their own time. But I fear that too many will turn away from God in this, thinking He has forsaken them; and if they turn away they could be lost forever.

That is a good point, and it does relate to the OP. I believe God is not always clear in any "vision" that He does bestow; He would rather we use our own minds to figure it out.
What other believe is important for me to understand at this time; because I would like to save every man, woman and child who could be saved. I know that is an impossible task; and I know that the good people who are lost shall return in their own time. But I fear that too many will turn away from God in this, thinking He has forsaken them; and if they turn away they could be lost forever.
Some do turn away from God because they feel He had abandoned them. They didn't prepare themselves in trying to understand evil. Satan will use any method to take us away from God.

I also would like to save everyone I know.
But I've found that it's not possible. Some get angry when I mention God. Some listen but are not interested. Those that really listen make us feel useful, but it's up to the Holy Spirit to convict.

However, let's give it our best shot!

Satan will use any method to take us away from God.
Now I am curious; do you really believe Satan is God's equal?

It is my understanding that Satan was an Angel, who did fall from Grace. I know not everyone believes what I do concerning the Angel's; and that is ok, but I am certain God would never empower any other to stand as His equal in opposition.

Men do evil things, other's then say that is Satan's fault; to me that is more of evading responsibility for one's own actions. We are all responsible for our every thought, word and deed.

Now I am curious; do you really believe Satan is God's equal?

No.
He is a created being.
God is not created.

It is my understanding that Satan was an Angel, who did fall from Grace.

This is correct.

I know not everyone believes what I do concerning the Angel's; and that is ok, but I am certain God would never empower any other to stand as His equal in opposition.

Agreed.

Men do evil things, other's then say that is Satan's fault; to me that is more of evading responsibility for one's own actions. We are all responsible for our every thought, word and deed.
I wouldn't say it's satan's fault.
He tempts people.
Some fall for it and some don't.
To say it's satan's fault isn't right.
We have a brain and conscience and
We're responsible for our actions.
That's why we will be judged.
God is just and judges depending on
Our behavior.

what it all means.
Prophecy can be tough, and people can focus on it too much, but we're promised a blessing if we read Revelation.

Prophecy can be tough, and people can focus on it too much, but we're promised a blessing if we read Revelation.
It's not a book I've ever concentrated on.
But I do believe it should be read and there are many verses that I really understand and like.
The simple ones!

I just think there's too much for us to know first before Revelation and what the dragon means and all that.
I may never get to Revelation!
:)

I wouldn't say it's satan's fault.
He tempts people.
Some fall for it and some don't.
To say it's satan's fault isn't right.
We have a brain and conscience and
We're responsible for our actions.
That's why we will be judged.
God is just and judges depending on
Our behavior.
Agreed in part; all men and women have the capacity to do evil deeds, but it is the choices we make. It's called free will; and free will was not Satan's Creation.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this; but I believe you will live to see Revelation's, unless your doctor has told you that you have less than 6 months to live. And even 6 months might be stretching it a bit, cause this stuff could jump off a lot quicker.

Agreed in part; all men and women have the capacity to do evil deeds, but it is the choices we make. It's called free will; and free will was not Satan's Creation.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this; but I believe you will live to see Revelation's, unless your doctor has told you that you have less than 6 months to live. And even 6 months might be stretching it a bit, cause this stuff could jump off a lot quicker.
I agree with the above.

I agree with the above.
While I do not have all the answers; I do understand more of the Prophecy than I care to. I know that trying to convince anyone of the truth is pointless; the people must simply experience this to truly understand.
I've thought about going home often; to the hills of Western Kentucky. My people still walk in the old way; and they don't forget anything. But I've not been given any indication that I am needed there; what I have been shown is right here in Michigan, where I will stand.
I have felt so all alone for almost 3 years now; to know the truth, but not be able to discuss it with anyone. In Revelations it does mention the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns rising from the sea.
The sea in that passage represents a "sea of people". The 7 heads are men, who combined with their families hold the vast majority of what is considered wealth on this earth. The 10 horns do represent the 10 governments who do hold those nuclear bombs; who are controlled by the 7 heads. The "dragon" that they do worship is actually the nuclear bombs themselves; with the belief that such bombs make them "all powerful" over the earth. What all those people do not know is the truth; and thankfully God is about to Bless us all.
When those bombs are fired, all that are touched by the sun (even if it is just a reflection of the sunlight from our moon); will be destroyed. That will "light up" the Heavens; and that is "the sign".
The "Holy Land" was a concept given to the people by the Roman empire; all this dirt belongs to God. The prominent role given to the Tribes of Israel throughout the New Testament, was also a concept given by the Roman empire. Do you really believe God would "hold dear" those who have always held themselves above His Law?
Nothing is at it seems; and I do hope that you and your family make it to safety quickly. Help is here; but it will be hard to gather all the people quickly until after the one labeled the "antiChrist" has finished his duty. These people who want violence and war are about to meet someone they have never wanted to encounter.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back