Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation with Security - Parts 1, 2, 3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I agree completely, but then we have a mission and have been betrothed to Christ.
2 Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2 Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

To me it isn't not doing something to avoid chastisement, it is becoming one making myself ready as we read of in Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (This is righteous acts; not works of the law to be saved).

Brother Mike, Jesus is going to have a bride taken from His brethren that remains faithful unto death (Rev 2:10), and faithfully keeps His word until He comes for them in the air (Rev 3:10).
Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

Well, we all need correction and chastisement else we were not sons. We should avoid judgment where people are sick and dead. Judgement comes when you constantly violate what God gave you as revelation and refuse chastisement or correction.

However, my points have been addressed perfectly and I don't want to complicate your thread of something simple and easy to understand which you presented.

Blessings Brother.
Mike.

I considered the following: Election doctrine is Old junk doctrine, It's a dogmatic doctrine trying to understand a real Father that thinks and interacts with His children. The doctrine does not deal with Man and God as a child parent relationship. You get picked if you're a lucky one, and once you've picked, your absolved of all duty to being a child of the most high. You don't go to hell, that is the only goal, missing Hell, and it's wrong.

Deu 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
Deu 21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
Deu 21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
Deu 21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

If I mess up? What is that? This morning the wife dropped a bottle, it hit my coffee cup, then it goes over my laptop. That is a mess up, and it's just a laptop, not worth getting upset about. Twice I ended up in the Branson Jail for not obeying something in my heart to check into. It was not strong but there, I disobeyed the Holy Spirit. My fault, but I did not realise it until I started yelling at God for not warning me, well He did. I screwed up.

Rebellion is not a mess up, and God does not change. Now we go into the dogmatic, you avoid hell no matter what. That should not be a concern of a child of God. A child is a child, you don't disown them. A child, like the younger son can leave though. This is rebellion.

Luk_15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

My son was dead, my son was lost. You don't want to die in this state. However, dead and lost can be restored, still a child. God is not taking prisoners, you don't have to stay in the family. The family is always there though.

God's Method of saving to the utmost those who are in rebellion:

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (DEAD).
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Works don't get us saved, but being a child, we don't want to get judged and ruin our quality of life or give up what is in store for us. Not only that, rebellion steps on that edge of being in Hell because God's judgement that ends in Satan destroying our lives is in Hope we repent at least and our spirit saved. It's not the way to go. Without repenting, there is no faithful and just to forgive your sins, and some don't, no matter how bad it gets.

It's not about not sinning, it's about doing what your called to do. Rebellion does not do what God called a person to do.
Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Making mistakes, messing up, those things happen, we all have messed up, but if we do what we are called to do, then we will never fail, because a heart for the father obey's him no matter how imperfect we are. If you don't, then is a entrance ministered to you anyway?

All the scriptures Eugene!

Does God pick who gets saved?
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

What's the condition, they must believe on Him.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Does everyone hear? Does everyone believe?

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Man has to hear, man has to respond, man has to believe because every man has been given the measure of faith to use to believe with.

God bless.
Mike.

Hi Mike. Here's something that you said.
I considered the following: Election doctrine is Old junk doctrine
I wish that you'd be more careful how you project your feelings about "election". You're probably referring to Calvin's doctrines. I personally see the Truth in what he presents and I like it. It just saddens me when someone of whom I love in the Lord says negative things about something that I believe is Scriptural....Just saying.

Hi Mike. Here's something that you said. I wish that you'd be more careful how you project your feelings about "election". You're probably referring to Calvin's doctrines. I personally see the Truth in what he presents and I like it. It just saddens me when someone of whom I love in the Lord says negative things about something that I believe is Scriptural....Just saying.

It's not that I don't believe in "Election"

Isa_46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

These are definitely election scriptures. Things will happen in the Earth just as He said them, nothing can change that.

When it comes to man personally.

Jer_32:19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Act_10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God gives according to what? His election? His great foreknowledge? NO, according to a mans heart and doings, Jesus said according to your faith, whosoever will believe, so on.

I could have worded things different, sorry about that, but any doctrine that does not examine every single scripture is junk. Every scripture in God's word agrees, and is perfect.

I am not against election, I am against the thought God picks and chooses, is a respecter of persons, and what a person believes means nothing, it's all up to God. Jesus did not teach that. Concerning the body of Christ the election is what God made you to be, you don't choose that, your purpose is elected. In the body of Christ. You don't pick what body part you want to be, as Peter was complaining to Jesus about what John was going to get to do.

Be blessed Chopper. I will try to word things a bit different in the future, junk doctrine was unthoughtful.
Mike.

It's not that I don't believe in "Election"

Isa_46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

These are definitely election scriptures. Things will happen in the Earth just as He said them, nothing can change that.

When it comes to man personally.

Jer_32:19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Act_10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God gives according to what? His election? His great foreknowledge? NO, according to a mans heart and doings, Jesus said according to your faith, whosoever will believe, so on.

I could have worded things different, sorry about that, but any doctrine that does not examine every single scripture is junk. Every scripture in God's word agrees, and is perfect.

I am not against election, I am against the thought God picks and chooses, is a respecter of persons, and what a person believes means nothing, it's all up to God. Jesus did not teach that. Concerning the body of Christ the election is what God made you to be, you don't choose that, your purpose is elected. In the body of Christ. You don't pick what body part you want to be, as Peter was complaining to Jesus about what John was going to get to do.

Be blessed Chopper. I will try to word things a bit different in the future, junk doctrine was unthoughtful.
Mike.

Thank you Mike. I respect your views, and to a certain extent you are right. There is an area of election that you, IMO, have not as yet examined. I would suggest that you let the Holy Spirit teach you about how Abraham became the person that God used mightily, and examine the calling of Jeremiah to start. Love You!!

Thank you Mike. I respect your views, and to a certain extent you are right. There is an area of election that you, IMO, have not as yet examined. I would suggest that you let the Holy Spirit teach you about how Abraham became the person that God used mightily, and examine the calling of Jeremiah to start. Love You!!

I love reading Jeremiah, and about what he went through.

4 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations. to be saved.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

There are many today that have been ordained as prophets, but have went the way of Balaam, and have prostituted their gift for money.

The gift still functions accurately... for the gifts and calling are without repentance.

IOW there are many in the Church that started out as true prophets, but became defiled and operate by another spirit... a spirit of divination.

“If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 13:1-3

Key Phrase: arises among you...

These prophets were among the covenant children of Israel.

The point:
Because the Lord calls a person from their mothers womb to be a prophet, does not guarantee that they will follow the Lord all the days of their life and be faithful to Him, and be saved on the Day of judgement.

Judas Iscariot was an Apostle and followed Jesus for three and a half years, but never dealt with the issue he had for money, and ended up betraying the Lord for thirty pieces of silver.

God foresaw all this before the foundation of the world, because the choice was his... whether to be faithful, or to betray the Lord.

The calling of Prophet or Apostle from our mothers womb does not guarantee we will be saved or not in the end when we stand before our Lord.

JLB

I love reading Jeremiah, and about what he went through.

4 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations. to be saved.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

There are many today that have been ordained as prophets, but have went the way of Balaam, and have prostituted their gift for money.

The gift still functions accurately... for the gifts and calling are without repentance.

IOW there are many in the Church that started out as true prophets, but became defiled and operate by another spirit... a spirit of divination.

“If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 13:1-3

Key Phrase: arises among you...

These prophets were among the covenant children of Israel.

The point:
Because the Lord calls a person from their mothers womb to be a prophet, does not guarantee that they will follow the Lord all the days of their life and be faithful to Him, and be saved on the Day of judgement.

Judas Iscariot was an Apostle and followed Jesus for three and a half years, but never dealt with the issue he had for money, and ended up betraying the Lord for thirty pieces of silver.

God foresaw all this before the foundation of the world, because the choice was his... whether to be faithful, or to betray the Lord.

The calling of Prophet or Apostle from our mothers womb does not guarantee we will be saved or not in the end when we stand before our Lord.

JLB
You think Judas betrayed Jesus for the money?

30 pieces of Silver.
I know he was frugal and hated spending money.
The perfume in the alabaster jar.

But don't you think it might have been because He was expecting something more from Jesus?
Maybe taking over the Sanhedrin or something like that.
Maybe doing something about Rome - but I doubt that - he had spent too much time with Jesus to think He'd do anything political.

I never thought Judas did this for the money.
Don't ask for scripture!

I know he was frugal and hated spending money.
The perfume in the alabaster jar.

But don't you think it might have been because He was expecting something more from Jesus?
Maybe taking over the Sanhedrin or something like that.
Maybe doing something about Rome - but I doubt that - he had spent too much time with Jesus to think He'd do anything political.

I never thought Judas did this for the money.
Don't ask for scripture!

We all can speculate about this matter.

The two extreme points that I see need to be reconciled in this matter is:

• Man has a freewill and a choice.
  • God foresees who will choose Him and who will not.

To me, both of these two points are seen in the following scripture:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:1-6

• just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world...

To me this says: God chose [before the foundation of the world] those who chose His Son... to be in Him.

God's predestination and mans free will find it's reconciliation in this.

JLB

We all can speculate about this matter.

The two extreme points that I see need to be reconciled in this matter is:

• Man has a freewill and a choice.
  • God foresees who will choose Him and who will not.

To me, both of these two points are seen in the following scripture:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:1-6

• just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world...

To me this says: God chose [before the foundation of the world] those who chose His Son... to be in Him.

God's predestination and mans free will find it's reconciliation in this.

JLB
JLB
I don't want to derail this thread.
Just check out the following re Judas. It's why I don't think he betrayed for the money.
John 13:27
Mathew 27:3-10
John 6:67-71
Mark 14:18-21

Wondering
no response necessary...

Where are views my differ is that nobody was made junk and without a plan. Jeremiah was called before even born, God had a plan for him. Just because God does not mention your Neighbor Joe though, does not mean God did not make Joe with a great plan also.

Zec 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

When that spirit is put in that first fertilized egg so that it has life (James the body without the spirit is dead) God has a plan for that person. That spirit is a image of and like God himself. Even unsaved folk are like God, James told us not to curse man because of this.

That person does not have any plan but to serve and do the purpose God created them. They were not created to disobey him, not be destroyed, but to find him and say father. All people have no other creator, they acknowledge him or not, but they have no excuse because they all have hope and a plan.

Even Pharaoh, He was evil, made bad choices, but God blessed him so that He had a place where the children of Israel could grow, multiply and be taken care of (somewhat) Pharaoh was part of the plan. Pharaoh became an example though, but only after God had much longsuffering toward him.

My daughter for example, I was sitting in a truck and the Lord spoke to me. "I am giving you a daughter." We were done with kids, and a daughter was not in the plans. I called the wife and told her what the Lord said. We have a daughter coming, and 3 years later my wife got pregnant and we knew it was a daughter, even had been buying things for her before the pregnancy.
I was not alerted about my two other sons, and why does God want me to have a daughter? His plan, and now she is 9.

Lines of faith:
There are people it seems God specifically places and plans. If He did not, then His word does not continue to go out, He ensures that won't happen. However, that don't mean me and you (You and I) don't have a plan. It just means God makes sure His word stays in the earth, no chances.

We were all predestined to be in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Everything that was made was made for Jesus, and nothing that is made was not made not to be in subjection to him.
sorry are those, who refuse this. They will bow regardless.

anyway, long enough. God bless.
Mike.

JLB
Just check out the following re Judas. It's why I don't think he betrayed for the money.

Wondering
no response necessary...

Send me a PM. and let's discuss from the scriptures.

Thanks JLB

Man's heart does not work in an isolated vacuum as a sole freestanding individual. That's kind of the point.

Gods Will, Word and Work IS in full play in and on the earth at all times, which makes the "man in an individual vacuum" theory making supposedly "free will" choices utter nonsense.

Freewill people always and only espouse that the only thing keeping man from believing is their sole choice and that is not even remotely close to what scripture says on this matter.

Scripture says man has a captor, a blinder, another entity that is not them that is upon their hearts and minds that forcefully keeps them from believing.

References?

Mark 4:15, Acts 26:18, Romans 11:8, 2 Cor. 3:14, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2 among many many more.

Is man free? Heavens no. Not even close.

JLB

Wondering

Judas betrayed Jesus because it was written in the scriptures of the O.T. that he would do so.

And Satan had also entered him. So Judas was not just Judas.

Gods Own Will
was fully in play on the matters of Judas' betrayal of God in Christ as was the will of Satan to RESIST God in Christ by killing Him, which God Himself WILLED Satan to do.

Luke 22:3

Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

We might notice that Jesus COMMANDED Satan to do what he was supposed to do.

That person does not have any plan but to serve and do the purpose God created them. They were not created to disobey him, not be destroyed, but to find him and say father. All people have no other creator, they acknowledge him or not, but they have no excuse because they all have hope and a plan.
anyway, long enough. God bless.
Mike.

I'd consider the bulk of that long post entirely fantasy Mike. Nothing resembling scripture.

Why are people disobedient to God? Because God made them to be so:

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

And we wonder why people are disobedient? Read it and see for yourself why. That IS WHY. God shows His Divine Superiority in binding ALL of us in such a fashion.

Is man born to die? Yes, absolutely. God Himself has planted us in weakness, corruption, dishonor and in a natural body that ultimately lands in DEATH. These things are not "accidental" actions on Gods part. And yes, they are all actions on Gods Part.

1 Corinthians 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

How is the first man, the natural man made? Exactly as Paul says above. From Adam right on down the line.

Who made them ALL that way? Uh, God did. God created man exactly in these fashions.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Judas betrayed Jesus because it was written in the scriptures of the O.T. that he would do so.

And Satan had also entered him. So Judas was not just Judas.

Gods Own Will
was fully in play on the matters of Judas' betrayal of God in Christ as was the will of Satan to RESIST God in Christ by killing Him, which God Himself WILLED Satan to do.

Luke 22:3

Then entered Satan into
Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

We might notice that Jesus COMMANDED Satan to do what he was supposed to do.
Ditto for Mary.
Not the satan part.
The part about how God will do what He will do.
Sometimes.
Not always.

W

I don't believe anything happens apart from Gods Active Will.

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Everything that happens God allows to happen.
What does sovereign mean anyway??
Only God is truly free and has true free will.
Satan has NONE.
We have SOME.

What I'm saying is that God set up a system. I don't understand it.
Maybe you do.
Everything works around that system.

When God wants a particular thing accomplished, He steps into our time and gets it done.
Pharaoh, Judas and Mary are expamples. Did Mary really choose? Gabriel doesn't sound like he was asking...

The rest of the time, he just let's us decide and use our free will.
I DO believe in free will. The free will we have which is affected by outside forces,
but we still get to decide.

W

Everything that happens God allows to happen.
What does sovereign mean anyway??
Only God is truly free and has true free will.
Satan has NONE.
We have SOME.

What I'm saying is that God set up a system. I don't understand it.
Maybe you do.
Everything works around that system.

When God wants a particular thing accomplished, He steps into our time and gets it done.
Pharaoh, Judas and Mary are expamples. Did Mary really choose? Gabriel doesn't sound like he was asking...

The rest of the time, he just let's us decide and use our free will.
I DO believe in free will. The free will we have which is affected by outside forces,
but we still get to decide.

W

I don't adhere to the "occasional free will" premise. Nothing is accidental or random under Gods Divine Auspices.

Psalm 37:28
For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Back