Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The ‘Queen of Heaven’

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, so true.

However, Catholics worship her as the queen of heaven.

JLB
Please Explain what you mean by worship?

I never said we worship Mary so you are violating the 8th commandment and the golden rule and the virtues of Jesus Christ!

Untrue. We honour Mary as Queen of Heaven

The Lord the queen of heaven is a demonic pagan deity.

Then all the men who knew that their wives had burned incense to other gods, with all the women who stood by, a great multitude, and all the people who dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying: “As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we will not listen to you! But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble. But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”
The women also said, “And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did we make cakes for her, to worship her, and pour out drink offerings to her without our husbands’ permission?”
Then Jeremiah spoke to all the people—the men, the women, and all the people who had given him that answer—saying: “The incense that you burned in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, you and your fathers, your kings and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and did it not come into His mind? So the LORD could no longer bear it, because of the evil of your doings and because of the abominations which you committed. Therefore your land is a desolation, an astonishment, a curse, and without an inhabitant, as it is this day. Because you have burned incense and because you have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD or walked in His law, in His statutes or in His testimonies, therefore this calamity has happened to you, as at this day.” Jeremiah 44:15-23

No where in scripture has the LORD commanded to burn incense to the queen of heaven.

That is paganism.

Burning incense to her is burning incense to a other gods.

Light a Candle, Burn Sweet Incense and Contemplate Emulating Mary - Catholic Gallery

Please Explain what you mean by worship?

I never said we worship Mary so you are violating the 8th commandment and the golden rule and the virtues of Jesus Christ!

The eighth commandment is you shall not steal.

Bowing down before a statue of Mary while burning incense to it.

A violation of the second commandment.

1. I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me. Deuteronomy 5:6-7
  2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. Deuteronomy 5:8-9
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. Deuteronomy 5:11
  4. Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. Deuteronomy 5:12
  5. Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16
  6. You shall not murder. Deuteronomy 5:17
  7. You shall not commit adultery. Deuteronomy 5:18
  8. You shall not steal. Deuteronomy 5:19
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Deuteronomy 5:20
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’ Deuteronomy 5:21

JLB

Hello Mungo.
Sorry if I misrepresented the Catholic faith. It does seem as though Mary is venerated in a way that borders on worship.
I know a Catholic believer who loves Jesus and prays to Mary. I don't believe dead saints answer our prayers.
Our prayers are directed to God and answered by God thru the intercession of the angels and saints

And not dead saints

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Thanks

Then all the men who knew that their wives had burned incense to other gods, with all the women who stood by, a great multitude, and all the people who dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying: “As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we will not listen to you! But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble. But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”
The women also said, “And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did we make cakes for her, to worship her, and pour out drink offerings to her without our husbands’ permission?”
Then Jeremiah spoke to all the people—the men, the women, and all the people who had given him that answer—saying: “The incense that you burned in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, you and your fathers, your kings and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and did it not come into His mind? So the LORD could no longer bear it, because of the evil of your doings and because of the abominations which you committed. Therefore your land is a desolation, an astonishment, a curse, and without an inhabitant, as it is this day. Because you have burned incense and because you have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD or walked in His law, in His statutes or in His testimonies, therefore this calamity has happened to you, as at this day.” Jeremiah 44:15-23

No where in scripture has the LORD commanded to burn incense to the queen of heaven.

That is paganism.

Light a Candle, Burn Sweet Incense and Contemplate Emulating Mary - Catholic Gallery

Fuzzy logic of the iconoclasts

Because there was a false queen of heaven means there can’t be a true queen of heaven?

Because there is an anti-Christ there can’t be a true Christ?

Because there were false gods there can’t be a true God?
Thanks

1. I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me. Deuteronomy 5:6-7
  2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. Deuteronomy 5:8-9
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. Deuteronomy 5:11
  4. Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. Deuteronomy 5:12
  5. Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’ Deuteronomy 5:21

JLB
Where did you get this list of the Ten Commandments? Scripture?

JLB
If I kneel next to my bed to pray with a candle for light I worshiping by bed?

Worship requires intent!

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

1 kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Is he worshiping his mother?

Our prayers are directed to God and answered by God thru the intercession of the angels and saints

And not dead saints

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Thanks
Hello donadams.
I do believe Christ is the resurrection as Jn.11:25 says. He also says,

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Jn.11:26

Which fits perfectly with the Patriarchs still being alive as Mt.22:32 says they are. So they we're made alive" when they believed in Christs' resurrection. To me, Christ entering a believer by the Holy Spirit is the 1st resurrection.

Hello donadams.
I do believe Christ is the resurrection as Jn.11:25 says. He also says,

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Jn.11:26

Which fits perfectly with the Patriarchs still being alive as Mt.22:32 says they are. So they were made alive" when they believed in Christs' resurrection. To me, Christ entering a believer by the Holy Spirit is the 1st resurrection.
Must we be born again?

JLB
Do I detect some inconsistency with your claims here JLB.

You quote from the 10 Commandments and suggest we must keep no. 2 but not no. 4, because in another thread you claimed.
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. Hebrews 7:12

We are no longer under obligation to observe the Sabbath as was required under the law of Moses.

• Example of how the Lord commanded the Sabbath to be observed under the law of Moses —

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

We no longer keep the Sabbath as commanded by the law of Moses.

JLB

That is paganism.

Mary as Queen of Heaven has nothing to do with the pagan cult of the queen of heaven condemned in Jeremiah but relates to her position of the mother of Jesus who is the King of Heaven (and sits on the throne of David).

Giving honour to the true Queen of Heaven is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago gave honour to a false queen of heaven, just as worshipping the one true God is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago worshipped false gods.

Fuzzy logic of the iconoclasts

Because there was a false queen of heaven means there can’t be a true queen of heaven?

Because there is an anti-Christ there can’t be a true Christ?

Because there were false gods there can’t be a true God?
Thanks

By you logic then there must be a good devil and a bad devil

The scripture calls the queen of heaven an abomination.

If after being shown the truth from the scripture, you want to definantly continue with the abominable act of worshipping the queen of heaven rather than only worshipping the LORD God of heaven, then that is on you.

The incense that you burned in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, you and your fathers, your kings and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and did it not come into His mind? So the LORD could no longer bear it, because of the evil of your doings and because of the abominations which you committed. Jeremiah 44:21-22

JLB

Do I detect some inconsistency with your claims here JLB.

You quote from the 10 Commandments and suggest we must keep no. 2 but not no. 4, because in another thread you claimed.

No, you don’t detect any such thing.

Keeping the Sabbath law of the law of Moses required stoning people to death for kindling a fire on the Sabbath.

JLB

Mary as Queen of Heaven has nothing to do with the pagan cult of the queen of heaven condemned in Jeremiah but relates to her position of the mother of Jesus who is the King of Heaven (and sits on the throne of David).

Giving honour to the true Queen of Heaven is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago gave honour to a false queen of heaven, just as worshipping the one true God is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago worshipped false gods.

Please show me a scripture where Mary is the “true” queen of heaven.

Followers of Jesus Christ only worship God, not some queen of heaven.

JLB

No, you don’t detect any such thing.

Keeping the Sabbath law of the law of Moses required stoning people to death for kindling a fire on the Sabbath.

JLB

Are serious?
Are you claiming that, of the Ten Commandments written on stone by the finger God, nine are from God and one is an invention of Moses?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back