Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Any favorite Christian Songs?.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jesus Stood at the Door and Knocked, and we would not let Him in.
by Keith Green
(song/gospel/convicting of religiousness without life)

HI Christian Saboteur

Oh, too, many to say. One that I currently have running through my head is "The Commission":

I enjoy most everything by BTC and there's a new singer out, Charity Gayle who also has quite a wonderful sound of praising and worshipping the Lord.

Enjoy these praises to our God and may He bless each one of us beyond what we deserve.
Ted

IMO most Christian songs are built on, or have within, rubbish: https://archive.org/details/singings-gone-global-exploring-christian-songs. Some put me off church or send me scuttling to the toilet. A very few Christian songs are both well-built and well-populated. I’d put Laura Story’s 2004 Indescribable, in that august list.

It is a theodirectional song to the father or to deity in general, excluding Jesus. In the main it is worship in poetry, a bowing in awe—“we fall to our knees”. It fails to fall into the trap of polytheism, avoiding common expressions such as [an amazing god], and sees God not as a god-type but as himself. That’s a breath of fresh air under the stifling clouds of polytheism.

As poetry, we can excuse its ideas of micromanagement—eg “every lightning bolt”. On Earth, natural events follow laws of nature set by God yet influenceable by man: semi-determinism. Nature’s laws are God’s baton—the song points in the right direction.

And as if natural wonder is not enough, we sing of his incredible love for us very flawed creatures—“you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same.” It’s a song to put your heart and lungs into.

Hi guys,

I've been following this thread and posting some of the praise music that I enjoy. But I'm noticing several posters are using this thread to discuss their distaste of the genre of music that the OP's request is that we share our favorite christian songs.

Look, if you don't like christian music, that's fine with me, but this isn't the thread for that.

You guys that are sour pusses towards christian music and just want to post complaints about how bad it is...... GO START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!!!!! Please leave those of us who would like to participate in the purpose of the OP's thread to do that on this thread.

Start you a thread titled: This is place for all those who don't like christian music.

Go for it!! But I love God and I love Jesus and my heart loves to sing praises to them and to the Spirit. To give praises to God for the testimony that He has given us of His loving kindness.

I think the Scriptures are pretty clear that God loves when we sing His praises.

God bless,
Ted

Look, if you don't like christian music, that's fine with me, but this isn't the thread for that.

You guys that are sour pusses towards christian music and just want to post complaints about how bad it is...... GO START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!!!!! Please leave those of us who would like to participate in the purpose of the OP's thread to do that on this thread.

Start you a thread titled: This is place for all those who don't like christian music.
jacksparrowcover.jpg

Hi Riven

I'm not getting the meme.

However, as regards the rest of the complaints that have been made on this thread, I think it well that we remember that God's word says that He inhabits the praises of His people. Here are a few other indications from His word that would say pretty much that God enjoys our praises in song to Him:

Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
All the earth shall worship You And sing praises to You; They shall sing praises to Your name." Selah
Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God,
I will sing of mercy and justice; To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.

Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name Yah, And rejoice before Him.
But I will declare forever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.

I can provide plenty more, but I think everyone should get the point by now that God loves it when we sing praises of His loving kindness, mercy, compassion and salvation. To raise up our voices in song to extol His virtues and His salvation. So, all you sour pusses just take it somewhere else. Start your own thread and decry this dreadful, to you, practice of singing praises to
God. For me, if a song praises God in truth of who He is and all that He has done. I'm good with that. Now, certain songs may not be the 'type' of songs that I enjoy as much as others, but any praise sung to my God gets God's approval, if what we read in His Scriptures is true.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you're not a believer. Therefore, you aren't likely to understand what a God, that you don't believe in, loves about His people.

God bless,
Ted

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you're not a believer. Therefore, you aren't likely to understand what a God, that you don't believe in, loves about His people.
So? Still doesn't change the fact that Christian music is lame. I would know. I went to a Christian school for many years. I've had my fill of it.

And I don't criticise it out of malice. It's because I thunk it should be better. Same thing with Christian movies, which are also terrible. Mel Gibson's film was one I truly enjoyed. If the quality is there, I'm there. But if it's not, I'm going to call it as I see it.

So? Still doesn't change the fact that Christian music is lame. I would know. I went to a Christian school for many years. I've had my fill of it.
Hi Riven

Yes, but I'm saying that I would expect that of a non-believer. I mean, who of us enjoys singing songs praising someone that we believe to be a made up fairy tale, or however you think of the accounts found in the Scriptures?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Riven

Yes, but I'm saying that I would expect that of a non-believer. I mean, who of us enjoys singing songs praising someone that we believe to be a made up fairy tale, or however you think of the accounts found in the Scriptures?

God bless,
Ted
You're making an assumption. I appreciate good music, regardless of what the meaning is behind it.

You're making an assumption. I appreciate good music, regardless of what the meaning is behind it.
Hi Riven

Look, I understand your feelings on this specific matter, but the Scriptures tell me that those without the Spirit do not understand the things of the Spirit. That's all. Now you're free to argue that you know better than all of that and I'm fine with it. But as a believer, I believe what the Scriptures tell me about the nature of the lost. You've been pretty certain in your claims that you aren't a fan of christian music. As a believer that doesn't surprise me. Now, if you want to tell yourself that that's because I'm making an assumption about you, go ahead. But you did say that you don't care for christian music. I'm not assuming that, right? I'm fine to leave it at that, but if you'd rather to continue discussing your point of view, you're free to do that.

God bless,
Ted

It Is Well With My Soul is a beautiful song. I also love to make secular songs into the gospel message if the words fit in that way 🙂.

Back