Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Any favorite Christian Songs?.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Charge of The Light Brigade - DeGarmo & Key . Riven , this is a great song and great musicians IMO at least listen through the lead break DeGarmo was a picker , see what you think .

Sat down to rest last night
Slipped into a dream
Shadows fell across the world
The darkness was extreme
We all sat there mindlessly
Staring at the storm
Just when all seemed lost and hopeless
There came a mighty roar

It was the charge of the light brigade
The charge of the light brigade
With a spiritual serenade
Came the charge of the light brigade

The poor and afflicted
All had enough to eat
The message of the age-old gospel
Echoed in the street
I saw the angels
Dancing on the wind
The Son of God was shining brightly
Death came to an end

And when I woke up
I began to pray
Lord, I want to do my part
In the charge of the light brigade
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Charge of the light brigade

Hi Riven

Look, I understand your feelings on this specific matter, but the Scriptures tell me that those without the Spirit do not understand the things of the Spirit. That's all. Now you're free to argue that you know better than all of that and I'm fine with it. But as a believer, I believe what the Scriptures tell me about the nature of the lost. You've been pretty certain in your claims that you aren't a fan of christian music. As a believer that doesn't surprise me. Now, if you want to tell yourself that that's because I'm making an assumption about you, go ahead. But you did say that you don't care for christian music. I'm not assuming that, right? I'm fine to leave it at that, but if you'd rather to continue discussing your point of view, you're free to do that.

God bless,
Ted
I guess you could say that I don't enjoy "modern" Christian music. There are some old songs in Latin that are fun to listen to when I'm in the mood. But the modern stuff comes across as cringey and meaningless to me.

Frankly, I think the Christians of old understood it better. It's a shame they aren't around anymore. What we have today is meaningless drivel in the form of music. The religion has been Americanized, and I think it's gross.

I very much enjoy this style of Christian music. But when we're talking about Christian music, is this what we're talking about?

Last edited:
I guess you could say that I don't enjoy "modern" Christian music. There are some old songs in Latin that are fun to listen to when I'm in the mood. But the modern stuff comes across as cringey and meaningless to me.

Frankly, I think the Christians of old understood it better. It's a shame they aren't around anymore. What we have today is meaningless drivel in the form of music. The religion has been Americanized, and I think it's gross.
Modern contemporary christian music drives me nuts,NO!.What ever happened to hearing 'Power In The Blood'.

Charge of The Light Brigade - DeGarmo & Key . Riven , this is a great song and great musicians IMO at least listen through the lead break DeGarmo was a picker , see what you think .

Sat down to rest last night
Slipped into a dream
Shadows fell across the world
The darkness was extreme
We all sat there mindlessly
Staring at the storm
Just when all seemed lost and hopeless
There came a mighty roar

The poor and afflicted
All had enough to eat
The message of the age-old gospel
Echoed in the street
I saw the angels
Dancing on the wind
The Son of God was shining brightly
Death came to an end

And when I woke up
I began to pray
Lord, I want to do my part
In the charge of the light brigade
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Charge of the light brigade
I like Iron Maiden's version.

Hi Riven
And I don't criticise it out of malice. It's because I thunk it should be better. Same thing with Christian movies, which are also terrible. Mel Gibson's film was one I truly enjoyed. If the quality is there, I'm there. But if it's not, I'm going to call it as I see it.
That's wonderful for you... BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD'S PURPOSE IS!!!!!!! GO START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU DISLIKE MOST CHRISTIAN MUSIC. That way the rest of us who'd like to keep the conversation focused on the OP's intent can do so in peace.

Here, instead of hearing the sound of the music, listen to the message of the words.

God bless,
Ted

Casting Crowns - "Desert Road "
Hi hawkman

Yes, Casting Crowns does some really good stuff. Slow Fade is a thought provoking song about how easily we are tempted into sin if we aren't careful about what we do, say, and hear. I've told people that my funeral song will be I Can Only Imagine. I'm hoping that everyone sitting there, if anyone comes, will take to heart the glory that believers experience after they die on this earth and stand in glorious joy and peace before the One who died that they might be there, also.

Forget how the music sounds. Listen to the words!

God bless,
Ted

Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
All the earth shall worship You And sing praises to You; They shall sing praises to Your name." Selah
Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God,
I will sing of mercy and justice; To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.

Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name Yah, And rejoice before Him.
But I will declare forever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.
That's what born again believers do. It's actually a command to us. Believers should love to sing the praises of their God, according to the Scriptures. And surely, every born again believer, seeks to please God. For us, that's what this life ultimately is all about. We have jobs and we have lives and we have families and responsibilities, but the worship and praise of God for who He is and all that He has done to save us from our sin is the paramount purpose of the born again believer's life. And to tell those without that hope, of the hope that we have.

God bless,
Ted

For God so loved us, that He sent His Son into the world. That His very Son would willingly die and give his life as a ransom for ours. Oh, I could never sing enough praises to them for what His mercy has done for me. Do you know that there is a God who created this realm in which we live?

This is going to be off topic, but since we already are, I suppose it's not a problem.

God has given us a test by which we can know that there is a God in heaven. Prophecy!

Riven

Do you have a copy of His word? If so, I'd be honored to share with you 'how' I know that there is a God who does know the end from the beginning of this existence that we live. That we live in a created realm of His creating. This place in which we live didn't come about by some scientific formulary that worked out over billions of years. God speaks! And things come to exist. But how do I know that there is this God? I'll share with you what I found if you're interested.

God bless you,
Ted

Hi Riven

That's wonderful for you... BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD'S PURPOSE IS!!!!!!! GO START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU DISLIKE MOST CHRISTIAN MUSIC. That way the rest of us who'd like to keep the conversation focused on the OP's intent can do so in peace.
Fair enough. I'll start my own band. I mean, thread. :tongue

Riven

Do you have a copy of His word? If so, I'd be honored to share with you 'how' I know that there is a God who does know the end from the beginning of this existence that we live. That we live in a created realm of His creating. This place in which we live didn't come about by some scientific formulary that worked out over billions of years. God speaks! And things come to exist. But how do I know that there is this God? I'll share with you what I found if you're interested.

God bless you,
Ted
Yes, I have two copies.

There you go ! ! Become a Christian and start your own band 🎙️ and show us what Christian music should be , in your opinion . Easy peasy .
Were it so easy, my friend. There are times when I want to, but I don't honestly know if I can be that guy. Plus, I don't know where I'd fit in outside of this site. :/

Back