Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Becoming A New Sharp Threshing Instrument

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
hello Smaller, dirtfarmer here

Hamartia is the greek word for sin and the meaning is "missing the mark". Is Satan responsible for all sins of commission and also omission?

Theodicy is not easy subject matter. My short track understanding is that God demands to have His Mercy. And to obtain what He wants to distribute, an opposite working was created and put upon all mankind. That opposer is Satan and his messengers who do what they do, and they do so "in man." The scriptural discourses 'explain' these matters. The difficulty most believers have is they write off and discard the "invisible internal" reality of evil present in connection with the opposition movement. Scripture explains that is "how" they operate. They BLIND people to this side of the equations.

IF we pay attentions, IF we are led, we will "hear" them speak their ways, according to how scripture says they respond/react. And this also confirms the reality of the Gospel to us, God Himself "confirming" how the system operates here on earth. I've seen and experienced this many many times. It is Gospel confirmation, alive and active in/on the earth.
James 1:14 " But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed."

Colossians 2:11 " In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ."

1 John 4:4 " Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world." Does this sound as if Satan still has an abode in us?

1John 5:4-5 "For whosoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God."

We are all placed upon this earth, in the flesh, with indwelling sin and evil present. Yes, even believers. And these workings are of the "spirit" of DISOBEDIENCE, that scripture tells us is NOT US. Eph. 2:2, Romans 7:17-21, 2 Cor. 12:7, 1 John 3:8.

In dividing ourselves from that working, and warring against that working, we are theoretically instruments of good upon the earth. But IF we do not accept Word depictions of these matters and instead reject these notions, we are in fact blinded to Gods Reality and "how" this system is "set up."

To be sharp, as Chopper proposed is to cut, to divide ourselves from evil, EVEN while "truthfully" admitting we have same to divide from. It is not an easy place to get to. We have to be led by God in Christ to see these things. But in this process, evil is invariably aroused to simultaneously resist, blind, grow and make us into liars and hypocrites. The very things we seek to put down, we have ourselves to put down.

2 Timothy 2:
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The above shows US, as believers, that we do have a vessel or vessels of DISHONOR to purge ourselves from. If we disavow having to 'do this' we remain in a state of blindness imposed by the other working.

We walk, in conflict, in the flesh, because of what is "in" the flesh. Gal. 5:17.

God is simultaneously FOR us, as vessels of honor, and against indwelling sin, and evil present. It can not be seen as only a one directional relationship, employing all and only the good side of the ledgers of His Word.

When we enter "honestly" this is how we come before Him:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

As we are exercised to "divide" we are also exercised to help others divide.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

This discernment is internal, and recognized by the senses, Spiritual. Good and evil is an internal matter. It is a hard thing to come to grips with. Cagey. Lying. Opposing. Posing as not being a fact. Posing as being good.

Opposites are a difficult matter. We are all led to shy away by our blinded flesh nature, and to not face our internal reality. We are then led, by that very evil, to spew out vengeance upon others while hypocritically "insulating" ourselves. It's a pitiful place to observe.

Thank you for this post my friend. I love the BLUE letters, they do speak to my heart. Your last statement about about staying away from the Word of God is a good warning because I believe that avoiding God's Word is indeed foolish and deadly. One of my daily devotions is from Bob Hoekstra. A segment this morning is this that speaks of the value of the Word....

"You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word . . . Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. (Psa_119:65, Psa_119:169)
Those who live according to God's word will characteristically have this testimony. "You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word." This is true, because the word of God is our comprehensive source of the Lord's direction and of His provision. When God's mercy unto salvation is needed for new life, one must turn to God's word. "Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD — Your salvation according to Your word" (Psa_119:41). When reviving is needed for those who have new life, one must again turn to God's word. "I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word . . . My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word" (Psa_119:107, Psa_119:25). Whatever the need, the Lord invites us to face it according to His word."

The bold words and underlined words are from me for importance. The Word of God and words from holy men like smaller are like a lifeline for my thirsty spirit to be satisfied with rivers of water that satisfy.

Note: Scripture and words from Hoekstra are used by permission from e-Sword.

Do you worship a book? Do you sing your praises to a book? Will you cry out to your book to save you? Can your book give you salvation?

Why do you still thirst? Have you been drinking from the wrong well?

John 4:13-14
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 1:1-2
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

Psalm 40:6-8
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire;
mine ears hast thou opened:
burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
Then said I, Lo, I come:
in the volume of the book it is written of me,
I delight to do thy will, O my God:
yea, thy law is within my heart.

Hebrews 10:5-10
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Which Word do you seek? Do you seek the words of the volume of the book? Or do you seek Word for whom the volume of the book had written of?

Last edited:
Citing the Word in order to eliminate the Word doesn't make much sense.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

There is no "split" to see, between The Word and The Spirit. One and The Same.

There is no shortage of the spirits of imaginations or even delusions.

Ezekiel 13:
7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The Lord saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

Gods Spirit Works, Hand in Hand with His Word.

Mark 16:20
And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Citing the Word in order to eliminate the Word doesn't make much sense.

Yes, the adversary within you is still there to steal away that which was sown. He still causes you to hear only what you want to hear. You continue to preach identifying the enemy within, but when it come to overcoming that enemy, your sight is lacking. What makes absolutely no sense is your statement above. Who has suggested "eliminating" the Word? I certainly have not suggested eliminating the word of the book. Is that what you heard? Or is that what your devils heard?

Yes, the adversary within you is still there to steal away that which was sown. He still causes you to hear only what you want to hear. You continue to preach identifying the enemy within, but when it come to overcoming that enemy, your sight is lacking. What makes absolutely no sense is your statement above. Who has suggested "eliminating" the Word? I certainly have not suggested eliminating the word of the book. Is that what you heard? Or is that what your devils heard?

I have heard many voices in my day, denying Gods Words, and trying to place a divide between the Spirit and The Word.

No such separation exists. The Word and The Spirit of God are Perfectly Identical.

I have heard many voices in my day, denying Gods Words, and trying to place a divide between the Spirit and The Word.

No such separation exists. The Word and The Spirit of God are Perfectly Identical.

Who here is denying Gods Word? Who is placing a divide between the Spirit and the Word?

Who here is denying Gods Word? Who is placing a divide between the Spirit and the Word?
"Do you worship a book?"

I find that a ridiculous claim. Sorry. I also understand that when our "unmerited" seat is exposed by the Word, people don't like to hear about it.

"Do you worship a book?"

I find that a ridiculous claim. Sorry. I also understand that when our "unmerited" seat is exposed by the Word, people don't like to hear about it.

Ha Ha, that's funny. No, I worship the Author of the "Book".

"Do you worship a book?"

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Am I talking with smaller, or the devil inside of smaller? While worshiping a book, the Bible in particular isn't such a ridiculous notion, I'm sure the devil inside would resist the thought of idolitry, or rather cause you to resist the thought of idolitry. But then again, what exactly does your response have to do with the questions that you quoted.

:thinking

Ha Ha, that's funny. No, I worship the Author of the "Book".

Yet you can't hear the author of the book, unless you have his book in your hands?

Now what's the word for needing some sort or object or totem to hear god speak to them.

Brilliant Deduction!

I hang on His Every Word. Keeps me on the edge of my seat quite frankly.

Good point. It's interesting though because I did have to consider what that fellow accused me of. It's very easy to love God's Word, and the way I look at it is God's Word and God are inseparable. The very first thing I do each early morning, about 2-3am after I pray to my Father, Jesus my Master, and the Holy Spirit, I dig into God's Word. It's like I can't wait until I read His Words. As long as I have studied the Word of God, it is always fresh and I learned something new every day. There are times that I say to myself, I never saw that before. It's new every morning and makes my day.

I'm presently reading, after prayer, and Bible study, the Book of Revelation, a commentary by Dr. John MacArthur. "The Tabernacle, God's Portrait of Christ" by J. Vernon McGee. this is the second time thru it. Then after that, "The Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges. After that, "How to Fight For Joy" by John Piper. All that sets me up for the day. At that point, I'm ready for the Forum.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Am I talking with smaller, or the devil inside of smaller?

That's why we have "the Word" to observe accuracy of claims, or not.

Following the Word will lead to the conclusion of having evil present with us, Romans 7:21, sin indwelling our flesh, Romans 7:17-20, sin being of the devil, 1 John 3:8 and even an Apostle having a messenger of Satan in his own flesh, 2 Cor. 12:7, all beyond ANY uncertainty, IF we are "listening."

But we should also recognize that IF these claims of scripture are true, which I believe they are completely true, then the adversarial component/opponent WILL DENY the facts of these kinds of exposures and CAN NOT speak these facts, because they are scripturally TRUE.

It is additionally true for all of us, these conditions of facts. But I see, with my own eyes, outright REJECTION and the refusal to HEAR scripture when the rubber meets the road on these subjects.

And that I attribute to the reality of the adverse/adversarial component in these conversations.

While worshiping a book, the Bible in particular isn't such a ridiculous notion, I'm sure the devil inside would resist the thought of idolitry, or rather cause you to resist the thought of idolitry. But then again, what exactly does your response have to do with the questions that you quoted.

People who claim to believe in Christ will HEAR the written Word. Those who do not, will openly deny same. I cut straight to the chase on what's behind it.

No believer can speak those same truths of scripture that Paul spoke/wrote about himself, unless they are IN TRUTH.

That's pretty much all there is to the matters.

Good point. It's interesting though because I did have to consider what that fellow accused me of. It's very easy to love God's Word, and the way I look at it is God's Word and God are inseparable. The very first thing I do each early morning, about 2-3am after I pray to my Father, Jesus my Master, and the Holy Spirit, I dig into God's Word. It's like I can't wait until I read His Words. As long as I have studied the Word of God, it is always fresh and I learned something new every day. There are times that I say to myself, I never saw that before. It's new every morning and makes my day.

I'm presently reading, after prayer, and Bible study, the Book of Revelation, a commentary by Dr. John MacArthur. "The Tabernacle, God's Portrait of Christ" by J. Vernon McGee. this is the second time thru it. Then after that, "The Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges. After that, "How to Fight For Joy" by John Piper. All that sets me up for the day. At that point, I'm ready for the Forum.

Back in the late 70's, early 80's I couldn't wait to hear "Thru the Bible" on the radio, with J. Vernon McGee. Wonderful expositor, particularly with O.T. stuff. Page by page, through the whole thing. Almost like a "sports announcer." Guy was great. Used to have it on full blast back on the farm in Minnesota, while milking cows and shoveling manure. People thought I was nutz. Just on fire for Jesus, sorry. Gotta feed the flames.

I'm wondering what exactly that other fellow actually accused you of?

Maybe the devil inside of smaller can explain how a 40 day fast from reading the scriptures turned into insinuations of an outright rejecting of God's Word? How does the suggestion of a fast turn into denying the Word of God? If the devil inside of him can't answer, then maybe smaller himself might explain.

When the children of Israel got greedy and gathered more manna than they needed, that the manna turned to worms and stank. So the unbelieving children were given the sabbath day, were they could not gather the manna. But only on the sixth day were they to gather double unto themselves.

Moses was 40 days on the mountain. Elijah ate an angels cake that sustained him the 40 day he was in the wilderness. Jesus fasted and was lead of the Spirit into the wilderness for 40 days to be tempted of the devil, and after 40 days he was hungered.

I'm wondering, which of these men when they fasted the 40 days denied or rejected God's Word? Or did they follow where they were led?
Many are called, but few are chosen. Some just will not follow when they are beckoned to come, maybe the way seemeth a little hard unto them. But you knew that, for Jesus spoke of them. It is written in the book for your admonition.

Deuteronomy 5:24-27
And ye said, Behold, the Lord our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire:we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth. Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us:if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any more, then we shall die. For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? Go thou near, and hear all that the Lord our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the Lord our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it.

Speak thou unto us all that the Lord our God shall speak unto thee, all that the law and the prophets have heard: and write it in a book, and we will hear it, and do it. Shall your end be any different than theirs?

No one is denying the scriptures here. No one is rejecting the Word of God either. But there is a realization eventually, that the written word can only assure us of the certainty of our own death, and the hope of salvation. The Bible can't take you any further than the hope of salvation. The assurance of that hope is something you may read about in the scriptures, but you will not find that assurance from the scriptures.

Maybe the devil inside of smaller can explain how a 40 day fast from reading the scriptures turned into insinuations of an outright rejecting of God's Word?

What an absurd notion.

Maybe you can ask Paul with the same insult in hand to him?

2 Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

What would Paul say to your notions?

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

For what use?

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back