Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Choosing to sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Atonement said:
Good Point :smt038

Only those being drawn by God, seek him as I've said many, many times. "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him." So how do you think God draws people? Or haven't you thought about it yet? :o So people need to read my posts before claiming I've contradicted myself.

aLoneVoice said:
Heidi - if you would be willing too, why don't you share your testimony.

You can view mine at http://mysite.verizon.com/peacefulalternative

What I find interesting though Heidi, is that you say "you asked" to hear the word of God.

I thought you have been saying that the unbeliever does not have the capacity to 'ask'. So, how was it that as an unbeliever you came to "ask" to hear the Word of God.

If we are being drawn by God we do. ;-) Or don't you believe Jesus when he tells us that no one can come to him unless God draws him? :o If you do, then please explain just how God draws us. Otherwise, tell us just how comeone whom God isn't drawing can come to Christ, which is of course calling Jesus a liar, which I'm sure you don't want to do. ;-)

Hi all,

Romans 7 is new testament equivalent of the evil report of the land given by the ten tribes spying out the promised land. What it promises to all who believe it to be the norm and standard for the Christian life, is for children of a lesser covenant ie for ones who will fare no better than the ten old testament tribes represented by the spies who brought the evil report. A lie has been told! The analogy here is that the inhabitants of the land are too strong and 'we' are to weak to EVER inherit the land God promised to Abraham in this life.

Furthermore, if Romans 7 is the the norm and standard, what a weak deliverance, if any, is promised to those who believe. If we compare this chapter with the parable of the wineskins which wineskin are we talking about? Does the life described by Romans 7 equate with the new wineskin filled with new wine? Or does it equate with the old wineskin, patched and leaking eventually leading to the RUIN of the wineskin and the loss of the wine?

According to Romans 6:1:4 what do we suppose is the truth concerning the old man? Do you believe he, the old man, is dead and buried or is he alive? I am asking what ACTUALLY happened to the old man (or old nature) when Jesus died on the cross and was buried, and was raised three days later. I am not asking what the DELUSION about what happened to the old man is in the defeated Christian experience.

The answer to this question will determine whether you have believed an evil report or good report of the land or simply the Gospel.

May God grant those willing to believe in the immeasurable power of the death and resurrection of Christ to walk in and possess the promised land. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back