Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Church Divided?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You paint with an exceedingly broad brush that falsely paints Christianity as a whole in a negative light.
I do not mean to imply that "all Churches" or "all Christianity" is a bad, negative, or wrong thing. All these Churches being divided is the "negative" thing. While some differences may be minor, some are not. The Bible being so "broad" as to allow so many different interpretations is an issue. God was quite clear in those 10 Commandments; and you would think an entire "Book" to guide us all to redemption and eventually salvation would be just as clear.

Why would a man 2,000+ years ago claim to be a "prophet" if he did not have God's Authority to do so. Prophets were revered and highly respected by the Israelites. They did not have to labor, were waited on hand and foot; with even young men to carry them around so they didn't have to walk. Prophets were given gifts and offerings for "their Prayers"; and the Israelites coveted wealth just as much back then as they do today.

It was changes to the "Law" made by men, which lead the pharisees to hold such great power over all the Tribes during their time.

Why would God allow the OT or NT to be altered by men; you might as well ask why God ever allowed all of WWII to happen as well, and the creation of these nuclear bombs. Alterations in the Book's known as the OT contained in the Christian Bible now are minor; but Christians did not accept the entire Torah even back then. The NT holds a lot of truth, but some things were deleted and other things were twisted. The Roman Church never wanted anyone to know the truth; only the "truth" their priest gave. And it was the Roman Church which gave Luke his sainthood; and "verified" him as a writer of Christ true word. And the Book of Romans contained in the Christian Bible; if I recall it was the Romans who crucified Our Lord. Of course for Paul to give credit to the Romans in writing that Book; it gave legitimacy to the Roman Church, and their "Pope". A lot of Catholic's still believe their "belief's" are the only "true faith" in God and Christ.

There is a purpose in all things; and you might consider what is here as a "test of Faith". Those who will obey Father (God) and endure will pass; those who will "close their eyes" and allow other men to lead them around by the nose shall not. It is really that simple. Do not trust any man who claims to speak for God (prophet); or any man who claims to be "guided by the Holy Spirit".

But why wouldn't God teach Adam and Eve to love Him, as well as their offspring?
Hi Enlightenedtruth

I'm confident that He did. Just as His word teaches us today to love Him. But we're sinners. And it's worth considering that even in the angelic realm, among a crowd of angels that actually can see and spend time in the presence of God... there was sin that popped up at one point. And God allowed that because He has given all of the creatures that He created to be with Him the matter of making a choice. And that issue of choice is still available to each one of us. But be assured that the day is coming when God will clean it all up and then, for those who have trusted in the testimony and work of His Son, life will be just as you are asking about why it isn't that way now.
And if God could not convince Adam and Eve to love Him; again, why not start over?
Friend, have you even read the Scriptures? HE DID!!!!! He brought a great flood upon the earth and killed everyone and every creature that moves upon the dry ground and started over with a family of 8 that also were supposed to love Him, but once again, the sin nature took hold. What do want? God to wipe us all out every 50 years and start over again? I think God has answered that. He has promised that never again will He do that starting over again process until the day of His judgment.
I occasionally read about preachers who have gold, jewels, private jets and mansions in excess; men who serve themselves above all others. I'm sure everyone of them would claim they were being "guided by the Holy Spirit" in leading their congregations; and the people just accept that, and keep dropping their pennies into the collection plates.
Yes, this side of God's judgment, we're still all sinners! Like I asked just above, have you read the Scriptures? They warn us in a number of places that these exact things are going to be happening and our task, individually as believers, is to stay clear of all that. If you are born again and you're worshipping with a body of the fellowship that is hung up on money and fame... get out of there! Find a place where the whole council of God is taught rightly. And let God deal with those who fornicate His word for prophet or selfish motive. But God has given you ample warning that there will be such things going on in the world until we get to the day of God's judgment. I don't understand why you don't get that. Why you continually seem to be complaining that the very things that God has warned you are going to be going on on the earth, are actually going on. Why is that?

I'm just going to encourage you to read God's testimony. When I gave my life to the Lord at the ripe old age of 40, one of the very first prayers to the Father were that by His Spirit He give me an unquenchable thirst to know Him through His testimony to me. Friend for about 2 years I couldn't put the Scriptures down. I was constantly reading and studying the things of God. It even made my wife think that there was something wrong with me. But God was faithful to me to answer that prayer. And still today, when I sit down to read the Scriptures in serious study, I send up that prayer. I will lean forward in my chair and pray, 'Father, as I open your word and read the testimony that you have prepared for me, let me heart be soft. Give me wisdom and understanding of what you have revealed to me through the guidance and direction of your Holy Spirit. In the name of your precious Son, I ask this. Amen. Then I read.

Honestly everyone of your questions have been answered by God in His testimony to us. Read it!!!

God bless,
TEd

All these Churches being divided is the "negative" thing. While some differences may be minor, some are not.
Of course. How do you determine which are minor and which are not?

The Bible being so "broad" as to allow so many different interpretations is an issue.
Is it, though?

God was quite clear in those 10 Commandments; and you would think an entire "Book" to guide us all to redemption and eventually salvation would be just as clear.
What makes you think it isn’t? Could it just be that you haven’t done the proper study required and so lack understanding? What should it be clear about and why?

It is very clear on salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone; that Jesus died to atone for the sins of all people as a propitiatory sacrifice; that all who believe, repent, and put their faith in Jesus and his name have eternal and abundant life now.

Why would a man 2,000+ years ago claim to be a "prophet" if he did not have God's Authority to do so.
Who are you talking about?

It was changes to the "Law" made by men, which lead the pharisees to hold such great power over all the Tribes during their time.
Was the law changed? If so, where?

Why would God allow the OT or NT to be altered by men;
Did he? Where were they altered? Please provide scholarly sources.

The NT holds a lot of truth, but some things were deleted and other things were twisted.
Again, where is the evidence?

The Roman Church never wanted anyone to know the truth; only the "truth" their priest gave. And it was the Roman Church which gave Luke his sainthood; and "verified" him as a writer of Christ true word. And the Book of Romans contained in the Christian Bible; if I recall it was the Romans who crucified Our Lord. Of course for Paul to give credit to the Romans in writing that Book; it gave legitimacy to the Roman Church, and their "Pope".
You do know that the book of Romans was written to the church in Rome, yes? That is the same as 1 and 2 Cor, Gal, Eph, Phil, Col, and 1 and 2 Thess. It has nothing to do with the secular Roman Empire, which was only one party involved in the crucifixion of Jesus, or the Roman Catholic Church.

A lot of Catholic's still believe their "belief's" are the only "true faith" in God and Christ.
As do most Christians and those who think they are Christian.

There is a purpose in all things; and you might consider what is here as a "test of Faith".
I agree. You might want to consider that faith involves believing that God has not allowed the Scriptures to be so altered that

Those who will obey Father (God) and endure will pass; those who will "close their eyes" and allow other men to lead them around by the nose shall not. It is really that simple.
What do you mean by being led "around by the nose"?

Do not trust any man who claims to speak for God (prophet); or any man who claims to be "guided by the Holy Spirit".
Ever? Aren't we to test the spirits to see if they are from God? Isn't prophecy in throughout the Bible, including the NT? Aren't all believers guided by the Holy Spirit to some degree? Aren't you guided by the Holy Spirit? Is everything you say about the Bible just all your own, personal understanding?

Honestly everyone of your questions have been answered by God in His testimony to us. Read it!!!
I have read the Bible, and do constantly look up Scriptures whenever anyone post a Book, chapter and verse. But what I read, and things I remember, do not always "mesh well". And while no one would believe it, some of the things I remember were not part of this lifetime.

Ever? Aren't we to test the spirits to see if they are from God? Isn't prophecy in throughout the Bible, including the NT? Aren't all believers guided by the Holy Spirit to some degree? Aren't you guided by the Holy Spirit? Is everything you say about the Bible just all your own, personal understanding?
I am sorry, but I cannot answer every question you have asked; and as I have said in various other post, a lot of the things I remember were never recorded in history. Even if my great-grandmother was here; there are some things I know that even she would not remember.

Does the Holy Spirit guide me; yes. But it does not guide me to lead other men anywhere; my Purpose in my Service to Father (God) is something different. I am not here to lead men; in my various post I have tried many times to encourage people to hold their Faith, and keep an open mind about what has come. Having a "narrow focus" on the Bible, might lead a lot of people to "miss" some of the important stuff.

There are those who hold to the "Rapture", and all the faithful being "taken to Heaven" when this begins; but it's not going to actually happen that way. Everyone, no matter how much they've studied that Bible, is going to have to endure this. This is a punishment, cleansing and Final Judgement for those beyond redemption. And yes, it does not say that anywhere in the Bible.

How do I know these things; I remember the things my Father (God) needed me to remember for this time. I have said before I wish I could allow others to "crawl around in my brain", so that someone else could understand what I know and how I know it. But that's not possible; and I fully expect anyone who reads anything I write to dismiss me as some kind of "nut-job"; and I am ok with that. However, my hope is when the lights go out; someone might remember even a little of what I have written and use that to save the "lives and souls" of other people around them. Thou shalt not kill, is a really important one.

Hey Everyone,
(not sure if this is the right place for this question thread)

Ive got a question that has been on my mind and lead to playing around with it in a way...thought i would ask what your guys views and answers would be. This is also something that atheists or other christians might be curious about.
FRIENDLY QUESTION:
why are there so many denominations (excuse my spelling please) within christianity, yes i do understand and know what each one belives and their view points, so really what im saying is that or food for thought : "all of them ultamately belives in one thing that they all share which is Jesus" we can all agree on that, okay so, without going into each one and being biase lets then say "the reason for the differences or split, is that one group doesnt agree with the other group in terms of how each one translates and therefore 'different' practice within each group" , cool, buuut...if you list on a page the groups and then next to it a short discription on what their belief movemnt (lack of a better word) is...so with everything above in mind, dont you think if each group works together within their belif movement can actually form one unified church but within their belif? (just a curious thought and wanted to hear peoples different answers to what they think). if you still dont understand my question then you can continue reading, if you get it then you can answer without reading the next simplified explanation of my question:

Basically my question in a more visual representation: i know theres many other groups. but lets use these as an example:

Calvinism/reformed group: More theology focused
Angelic group/Methodist: more spiritual path focused
lutherans: more Gospel focused
Pentecostal: more spiritual gift focused

so...think about it, if they worked together in terms of their beliefs without the need to agree they would actually all agree in a way and actually form quite a unified christian church? example: the first group helps with knowing the doctrin, the second group then forms a spiritual path for that person, then using the third group they able to preach the gospels and then using the fourth group they able to use spiritual gifts. would a person not be more fulfiled in that sense? using the above exmample.

again, friendly question
God Bless
The real church is scattered in time and space and has never been divided. It avoids human categorization and is a little flock from Luke 12:32 "Fear not little flock for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

A priest or a pastor cannot intercede for one's sins - only Jesus Christ can. By his shed blood he gives access to the ones Father calls to the holy of holies (see John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last days.")

So here we have the majority of so-called Christianity attending church for two millennia and being served platitudes from the pulpit by pastors/priests. Blind leading the blind building organizations with hierarchies whose sole purpose is to attain and maintain power but not to lead men to the holy of holies. Man made prisons of various denominations for only Christ can set us free. Do you understand now what the little flock is? It's the free and true church and it's a light to this dark world throughout time and space.

1 Kings 19:18 "Yet I have seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him."

The northern kingdom was zealous in faith, but it had nothing to do with God. The true congregation of 7000 was a little flock and it remained true to God. This little flock was not divided for it did not bow its knees to Baal.

all of them ultamately belives in one thing that they all share which is Jesus" we can all agree on that, okay so, without going into each one and being biase lets then say "the reason for the differences or split, is that one group doesnt agree with the other group in terms of how each one translates and therefore 'different' practice within each group

A simplistic over simplification does not answer the problems in multiple denominations.

Do All Christian denominations believe the same thing about Jesus?
Do they All stress the same about obedience to Jesus?
How would you include the Liberal or progressive churches with there misinterpretation of the bible?
Or the overly strict hyper galvanising churches?
Or those with there own additional traditions and beliefs?

How would you identify such a man ?
A few (many) to rule out first ... this will take days if Yhvh Permits at all ......
jewish dancing GIF

A few (many) to rule out first ... this will take days if Yhvh Permits at all ......
That seems like a delaying tactic.
Do you think you would be able to recognize a godly preacher if you saw/heard one ?
Wouldn't there be something you would hope to see/hear to make a correct determination ?
I certainly hope you really do know how to tell the good from the bad.

May I answer.....

A good preacher would not force his view onto me; he would ask me my view....and then discuss that.
I have a question for you:

Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in flesh (that is he died for our sins, rose on the third day and is now seated on the right hand side of the Father in heaven, all power and authority submitted unto him)?

A simple yes or no would do please.

You do not need to answer publicly to my question. But know that if you answer "no" in your heart, then you are toying with the spirit of the antichrist, and the spirit of God is not in you. And that's gospel truth, not platitudes from the wicked hearts of men.

John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""

I think I am done posting in this forum for a while. It has been wonderful interacting with you all! Blessings!

I have a question for you:

Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in flesh (that is he died for our sins, rose on the third day and is now seated on the right hand side of the Father in heaven, all power and authority submitted unto him)?

A simple yes or no would do please.
His avatar indicates he is not a Christian.

The church CANNOT BE DEVIDED!

Christ and his apostolic church are one! Acts 9:5 eph 5:32 eph 5:24 Jn 15:5

Can Christ be devided?

There is only one new covenant church! Jn 10:16

Only Christ has authority to establish the one true church, all others are the tradition of men and not in the new covenant!

Back