Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Cloning

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Nobody ever answered my question about if you think that it will ever be possible that science will invent a shrink ray, and I'm still curious on that, but I'm also wondering everybody's thoughts on cloning. As for me, I think that human cloning and animals that are still here is wrong. After all, God is in that department. But using it to bring back an extinct species like the dinosaurs, that could be very interesting. I mean, I'm not sure whether or not dinosaurs could adapt to life on earth today, and I wouldn't want a Tyrannosaurs Rex trying to bite my head off, but I still wouldn't mind seeing a real live one in the zoo. So what do you think? Scientists are saying that by the year 2050 dinosaurs could once again roam the earth.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...toric-creatures-WILL-walk-Earth-again-by-2050

As a pure scientific concept and tool box I have no problem with cloning. However I don't think its very practical at the moment unless the technology is used specifically for organ or blood farming. It could solve the issues with finding donors. Full on cloning might be an answer to infertal couples, but that also depends on how cloning works.

As a pure scientific concept and tool box I have no problem with cloning. However I don't think its very practical at the moment unless the technology is used specifically for organ or blood farming. It could solve the issues with finding donors. Full on cloning might be an answer to infertal couples, but that also depends on how cloning works.

Ok, but what about inventing a shrink ray, do you think it will ever be possible?

It might be. I'm no physicist, but I think the current problem with shrink and enlarge rays is what to do with the matter currently there. Maybe quantum mechanics holds the answer. :)

I'm not really a hundred percent sure what quantity mechanics are, but obviously it has to do with mechanics and science lol. :lol I would sure love to be able to see it happen though.​

It's funny that you mention cloning and shrinking in the same post. The next step- should we decide to take it- would probably be cloning little people. This would involve "simple" re-tuning of the genetic factors for growth, whereas a full-out shrink ray would require a substantial leap in our current knowledge of physics.

I'm not speaking to the ethical or spiritual aspects, just the scientific. Also, isn't there a new movie about shrinking people (to make it cheaper to live)?

It's funny that you mention cloning and shrinking in the same post. The next step- should we decide to take it- would probably be cloning little people. This would involve "simple" re-tuning of the genetic factors for growth, whereas a full-out shrink ray would require a substantial leap in our current knowledge of physics.

I'm not speaking to the ethical or spiritual aspects, just the scientific. Also, isn't there a new movie about shrinking people (to make it cheaper to live)?

Lol, yes I heard about that movie. I haven't seen yet but I really want to though. It reminds me very much of the "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" series. Except it really surprised me when I found out that it was rated R.

CRISPR technology is already here. (GMO food and meat and medical animals for things like insulin)
Human trials are on their way. Get ready. It's coming.

I can already get a "snowflake" child with just about any genes I wish for. (Gattica anyone?)

Are we coloning yet?

CRISPR technology is already here. (GMO food and meat and medical animals for things like insulin)
Human trials are on their way. Get ready. It's coming.

I can already get a "snowflake" child with just about any genes I wish for. (Gattica anyone?)

What if you want a crisper child? Lol

Are we coloning yet?

What if you want a crisper child? Lol
Well it isn't that far away or off.
You laugh... but instead of contact lenses to change your eye color you see a doctor for a shot and they change permanent. Same goes for curly hair and hair color.

And the only thing holding them back...

Nothing

Their knowledge of DNA is incomplete...and their understanding of RNA is even worse. RNA interprets your DNA.

But they are rapidly working on it all.

Well it isn't that far away or off.
You laugh... but instead of contact lenses to change your eye color you see a doctor for a shot and they change permanent. Same goes for curly hair and hair color.

And the only thing holding them back...

Nothing

Their knowledge of DNA is incomplete...and their understanding of RNA is even worse. RNA interprets your DNA.

But they are rapidly working on it all.

Yup, I'm aware. And yes I laugh, because the other option is?

:eek2

We could take this in the direction of a deep theological discussion, legislative reality, or both. Or some combination thereof.

I'd rather those energies stay more focused on tasks at hand, but evil does not rest.

O
Yes I am missing something??? What? I'm sorry, I'm confused lol
Obviously you are confused.

You had originally spelled the title of the thread as "coloning" and I fixed it to what it currently reads. So now you are missing the "o" I took from the title....

Oh but I see you making a new one with this explanation...just leave it out of the title this time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back