Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How about "lockup"?

It's always a blame game. Say for example that PM thinks people should not use the word lockdown because it could create panic and anxiety, yet no one told others to panic. Its another one of those words that could apparently offend others and cause them to panic.

You say the word lockdown and someone panics it's your fault.

So what do we call it now?

I really don't,get some of the essential service listings,automotive repair ,yes,but idk the other things i don't know.I,get utilities ,but some govt functions are pretty much on hold .

Not me,I have lost a few hours from tire kingdom but make up in,overtime from meter reading

Why most people are at home receiving a guaranteed income each week most at least 70% of there wage and those on welfare whatever they get, im living week to week on the limited and scattered work I have and paying taxes.

I took time off and left because I could not focus that's health and safety, yet we had a week off from that day anyhow.

I can only do a specific job at work as essential service so it's not everyday like i normally do.

Most people are secure in there bubble, I'm not. I live in a little box living week to week yet the Lord will provide.

Last edited:
Why most people are at home receiving a guaranteed income each week most at least 70% of there wage and those on welfare whatever they get, im living week to week on the limited and scattered work I have and paying taxes.

I can only do a specific job at work as essential service so it's not everyday like i normally do.

Most people are secure in there bubble, I'm not. I live in a little box living week to week yet the Lord will provide.
I'm,not seeing that here.there are laid off people ,a nurse friend of mine ,yes.other non essential places shut down and they might not come back

I'm,not seeing that here.there are laid off people ,a nurse friend of mine ,yes.other non essential places shut down and they might not come back

But laid off people can get government financial assistance. Full-time employees I don't think can get layed off so they will be getting a big chunk of there wage while sitting at home even if that means the government jumped in to help the employer.

I don't know the details as I cannot be bothered looking into it as I have myself to look after at the moment.

But laid off people can get government financial assistance. Full-time employees I don't think can get layed off so they will be getting a big chunk of there wage while sitting at home even if that means the government jumped in to help the employer.

I don't know the details as I cannot be bothered looking into it as I have myself to look after at the moment.
Plenty of full time employees are laid off .if I was to be laid off from tk,I could collect

The big corporate food giants are still living large as they are essential service. Yet small private business like Butchers who sell meat and usually eggs, milk, and bread, are apparently not essential service unless that changed. I'm acturally going to see if small private business like fruit and vegetable stores are open as essential service.

How does that work.

I think this is a rather good suggestion but I don't think it should be mandatory if you're just walking around your neighborhood or something. However, working in a grocery store then that's something entirely different.

So just adding to my post above, apparently small private business butchers who sell food that is an essential service can only sell to the corporate Giant, but not the public. Still looking up fruit and vegetable small private business.

"But the risk of spreading Covid-19 was too great if butchers were allowed to open to customers, he said."

So everyone goes to the same corporate Giants and wait in line.

Last edited:
Baby its a lockdowww...n!
You cant leave towwwn
Dont visit me now
Im wearin a mask
Im texting with gloves
Im singin the blues
Cause we cant be one
oh so sorry hun!

Ok so small private business owners like butchers who sell meat, eggs, milk, and bread, and small private business who sell fruit and vegetables cannot sell to the public because of the risk of spreading 19 even food is an essential service, so everyone in the country can only enter a small number of food corporate Giants and that apparently is less risk for the spread of 19 as an essential service.

Last edited:
The big corporate food giants are still living large as they are essential service. Yet small private business like Butchers who sell meat and usually eggs, milk, and bread, are apparently not essential service unless that changed. I'm acturally going to see if small private business like fruit and vegetable stores are open as essential service.

How does that work.
They are essential services... grocery stores, food production including growing and all service support staff (like mechanics and vendors) are needed.

It's all the fluff stuff like concerts, catered events, country clubs, spa, gyms, movie theaters and etc that are closed.

I wish it didn't include food trucks...but a net result of so many people working from home is that most of these are shut down.

All state and federal parks are closed.
*Sigh*
Not a lot of fun stuff to do out there.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back