Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh I forgot Communist China does not need to apologize to the world , they just got a seat on the UM Human rights council.

Must be for the great work there are doing.
Don't get me wrong. I think Australia is fully justified in it's re-examination of it's relationship with China and I believe the entire world should follow Australia's lead. There is more and more outcry this virus was man made with even an American Colonel chiming in. Accountability is in order, but first glean any and all medical stats/studies and research......it's only prudent given the dire search for answers to save lives right now.

Don't get me wrong. I think Australia is fully justified in it's re-examination of it's relationship with China and I believe the entire world should follow Australia's lead. There is more and more outcry this virus was man made with even an American Colonel chiming in. Accountability is in order, but first glean any and all medical stats/studies and research......it's only prudent given the dire search for answers to save lives right now.

Obviously do not follow Australia's lead by allowing foreign ownership like China state owned company's to buy up the land and resources who then infect the nation with coronavirus. I agree.

Obviously do not follow Australia's lead by allowing foreign ownership like China state owned company's to buy up the land and resources and then infect the people with coronavirus. I agree.
Yes, they made serious mistakes and seem to be eyeing to rectify those mistakes promptly.......or at least I hope so.

Mike Pence? Is that his name? Apparently called our Prime Minister for advice on how to flatten the covid curve.
wow...America seeking advice from us...

Mike Pence? Is that his name? Apparently called our Prime Minister for advice on how to flatten the covid curve.
wow...America seeking advice from us...
I'm not at all surprised....America's response has been delay followed by haphazard response. The rest of the world has been on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon for weeks and the US is still back at the barn kicking the wheels while thousands lose their lives.

I'm not at all surprised....America's response has been delay followed by haphazard response. The rest of the world has been on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon for weeks and the US is still back at the barn kicking the wheels while thousands lose their lives.
They have been using it in NY on thousands of people.
For some people it doesn't do anything whatsoever.

Vanderbilt university, in conjunction with researchers from two other universities have come up with an antiviral treatment drug similar to what Tamiflu does. Animal trials have been successful. This study is for stage one human trials that she just saw.
Let me tell you that this was super fast.
They only came up with the compound a couple weeks ago.
This one is supposed to work on a broad spectrum of coronaviruses.
Meaning that this could be ready for stage 2 trials in a few months. (Thousands are then treated)
Then stage 3 trials. Different ethnic groups and children are allowed to try the drug. Almost seems to be a widespread use...but it isn't.

Then comes FDA approval. And available in your local pharmacy.

If they need to yes. Cops can just arrest u and charge u if they want, without a warrant

But what i was saying its the police prosecution that has access to everything

I'm really not sure on what that has to do with this but I never heard that before. I believe the only time the police can arrest you without a warrant is if you're off of your own property. Then again, maybe that also falls underneath probable cause.

watching A German English News source re corona virus.
cats can get the virus?
i remember laughing at someone suggesting that dogs can get the virus. But seems experts confirm that cats can get it anyway.
"Dont euthanize your pets!". Was the strong message though. We are more dangerous to pets than vice versa apparently.

Because I'm on lockdown and back to playing poker I'm going to do 10k challenge. I started with $2 and I will get to $10,000.

All I need is 20buyins to stay in roll and room for a bad run I will make.

I started with $2 playing 25c tournaments and I got to $10 I then went 50c tournaments and now im on $20, now I will hit $1 tournaments and when I get to $100 I will start playing $5 tournaments and so on. Just small tournaments 45 or 90 players.

I will get to 10k just watch.

Last edited:
I'm hearing stories of reinfection......troubling.

NPR said:
Researchers do know that reinfection is an issue with the four seasonal coronaviruses that cause about 10 to 30% of common colds. These coronaviruses seem to be able to sicken people again and again, even though people have been exposed to them since childhood.

Limited protection for a period of time is the rule with other corona viruses. No one knows if 19 can be caught over and over, and whether subsequent infections will be milder. There is a serious shortage of medical supplies that is slowing medical research.

They should build factories to churn out needed supplies already, not just sit around waiting for private industry to do it. Private industry won't generally build new factories to meet temporary demand. Shortages continue months into the crisis.

Limited protection for a period of time is the rule with other corona viruses. No one knows if 19 can be caught over and over, and whether subsequent infections will be milder. There is a serious shortage of medical supplies that is slowing medical research.

They should build factories to churn out needed supplies already, not just sit around waiting for private industry to do it. Private industry won't generally build new factories to meet temporary demand. Shortages continue months into the crisis.
in other words the federal government should.
why stop there, why not use tax payer money to create malaria pills, and other things that are cures or treatment for pandemics. I just don't see that lasting. the state of ny is deploying the guard to take ventilators from private hospitals, they are "borrowing" them.

imho the problem is most kids dont want to work in a factory, or trade skill.

...other things...

Ah, the slippery slope fallacy.

Considering the legions of unemployed citizens desperately seeking some way to make ends meet, finding personnel for a supply factory is likely to be easy. Once the emergency is resolved, they can go back to their former careers.

The cost of such a factory is insignificant compared to the cost of locking down an entire nation for a long period of time. Just get it done.

Ah, the slippery slope fallacy.

Considering the legions of unemployed citizens desperately seeking some way to make ends meet, finding personnel for a supply factory is likely to be easy. Once the emergency is resolved, they can go back to their former careers.
good luck with that

have you welded? do you think in one day a welder will be a good one? what about cutting plexigass, making it and shaving it? piper already makes plexi glass for its air craft, and its not hard to make that. why on earth once they have that skill set just go back to a lower pay skill set?
piper pays lowly but the door has been entered and other aviation makers start you more. i looked into this. an inlaw is a mechincal engineer and says that a bout the youth. he talks about immigrants willing to work in that.

many places have folded here already. amc is gone if it goes a few weeks longer. i know tire shops are hurting. sams and walmart shut down their tire stores. goodyear? they are hurting.

nasa when they laid off, this from an embrear employee sent their guys who thought they were too good to work for more then double what a person with NO expericience was hired for. the state and feds forced embrear to hire them and did so with a tax carrot. they eventually fired all of them and hired those willing work for less and wanting to learn, building and maintiaining the parts of the shuttle were unrelated to the building of the aircraft they were working on.

not my words but the enginner that said that. aviation is a job where you will move alot but will make money but will work 7 days a week.

how much would you then take for a temp job and think you would learn to bother to go back to serving tables? most of my state doesnt have a factory mindset and to go back to that would be stupid. that is why i suggest the market do that. unless you think that the state should just have a quota of keeping these things. it will take more then a week to build, train workers.

I can run with that. I highly doubt even now that you would love to rip open a sewer lid and fix the problem. I have that desire. I have wanted to leave meter reading for some time. with the virus I am where I need to be and havent lost money. mechanics are laid off or making less then what I did 5 years ago.its that bad. dealers are laying off their techs, dealers also cant sell in person , let alone for now actually make new cars and sell them like before.

I have thought of plumbing, electrical work or utility located but I must make enough to support my wifes health. I can forego myself to a a degree , but not her. so I am stuck for now

slippery slope argument
if you leave your borders open,more travellers will bring the corona virus. it will get worse and worse and cases will jump exponentially.
is that slip.slope?
I am not arguing against the encouragement of trades or factory returning to build in America. what I am arguing is good luck getting the youth to want to work and toil. Im am older , I am willing but I also know because of my age that may be a problem and must when God is ready to go where I am sent. I see that my time as a meter reader is short in that amr will come to the city one day.

in other words the federal government should.
why stop there, why not use tax payer money to create malaria pills, and other things that are cures or treatment for pandemics. I just don't see that lasting. the state of ny is deploying the guard to take ventilators from private hospitals, they are "borrowing" them.

i dont blame anyone not wanting to work in a factory. especially assembly line repetitive fast work
it turns us into zombie robots.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back