Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divorce

Should adultery be the only reason for divorce?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Don't you think that when God designed marriage, he knew our faults and our short commings? No one is perfect, no marriage is perfect, only one perfect God at the head of a marriage. God knows the limits and boundaries of human love and yet still designed marriage. In your own words, you described marraige as garbage....are you saying God screwed up?

And as for your signature, you can never buy love. That price was paid a long time ago for that and only one could pay the price. I believe what you pay for by the hour is......how do you say..."garbage".

This again?

Droop, why are you so certain that your marriage would fail....were you to ever get married? Are you a Christian? Do you understand what the Lord says about marriage? Do you have no faith in Him, and in your own ability to love and give? In my eyes, you are more or less calling our God a liar and faulty designer with all your talk. Maybe you need to look for different people to surround yourself if 85%-95% of the marriages you see are failures. That's just absurd.

And can't you do a better job at refuting the statements Blue has set forth?

If you never want to get married, fine. That might be a good idea with the mindset you have. But must we rehash this over and over? It's obvious that your mind is made up - no matter how off target you may be - and you are not willing to honestly listen to anything else anyone says, so why do we have to go in these circles over and over again?

[quote[Uh how is there anychance to survive jumping from thousands of feet...[/quote]

Well, I didn't say there was a good chance, but...

You could land on a plane passing by 100 feet below.
You could land on a group of people's attempt to build the world's largest pile of marshmellows.
You could go through a secret U.S. Government tunnel straight through the earth and land gently on the other end at China.
You could fall into the eye of a tornado which would pick you up and then throw you to the ground at a fast speed, but with much less force than falling thousands of feet.

All of these examples are infinitely small... but nonetheless, they are possible.

I could describe probably in great accuracy what it would feel like: Heart pounding nervously fast, wind blowing through my hair, and hitting me at high speeds, panicky, mixed jumbled gthoughts, fear, excited, etc.

You probably can... but then again, you can't for sure, can you?

I do this with marriage, I have never done it, THANK GOD! but I see horrible things when I lok at people in marriages(most) 85-95 percent I'd say.

Well you arrogant speck... how dare you think your observance represents a significant sample? Why then, if what you say is the case, do you think that medical studies have shown married people have lower stress and lower heart disease? Why is it that national polls show married people to be slightly happier?

I see anger in their voices when they speak about their frustrations.

Then turn off Jerry Springer

Here's my diagnosis. From what you've told us about your age before, and understanding that you're probably not a marriage counselor (God help your patients if you are), then I'm guessing that you have grown up around some terrible marriage situations - most likely family turmoil. As a result, you have a highly negative view of marriage and are pessamistic about relationships in general. That would explain why you want to talk about it so much and why you are unwilling to believe what those on this board have told you - because it is in direct contrast to what you have seen your whole life... from a psychological stand point, it's been driven into your brain.

If that's pretty close, I'd say it'll make an impact. If not... just tack it up to some clumsy person making an educated guess.

BL

Mike01075 said:
.....And as for your signature, you can never buy love. That price was paid a long time ago for that and only one could pay the price. I believe what you pay for by the hour is......how do you say..."garbage".
I think even Paul McCartney would agree with that! :wink:

Then turn off Jerry Springer
:hysterical: Good one, BL! :lol:

Actually adultry is not the only reason for divorce. It is however the only one of two reasons where the one who was sinned against can remarry. The other reason is that the spouse leaves because they hate your faith. The rest are to remain single.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back