Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Feel Like God is Punishing Me and I Don't Know Why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There was a dictate that was laid down by God for all mankind.

We work to eat and to feed ourselves and to clothe ourselves and to house ourselves. There is no avoiding this. We can view "work" one of two ways. We can do it and enjoy it, even though it's difficult, or we can starve to death. There really isn't a choice in the matters. I was fortunate to learn this basic life lesson early and it served me well to get through the troubles.

Anyone can do it. And they have to. You can however ask the government to be your nanny, if you prefer. I never cared to have someone else take care of me.

I never said anything about not working. I do work. I had three part-time jobs, one being more steady than the other two. I was going to be an EMT again, but with the accident, that is unlikely as they don;t want someone with an accident on their record.

So work is not the issue. It's the tribulations, such as what I have mentioned. The other aspect of life that have increased since becoming a Christian. Pain and anguish have increased and that is what I want away from. If being a Christian means pain and anguish, I want out.

Yes, in the world we will have much tribulation as Satan is the ruler of iniquity over all the nations, Ephesians 6:11, 12. The trials and tribulations that we face helps us learn patience and endurance that we stand strong in faith and never waver so we can enter the kingdom of God per Acts 14:22. Matthew 10:22 says that those who endure until the end (when Jesus returns) are those who will be saved and will be with Christ forever. It's not God that brings tribulations on His own as the ruler of iniquity that is Satan is the one who seeks to steal, kill and destroy those who are in Christ, John 10:10.

As I said in another reply, the tribulations weren't as numerous and as bad as they are now when I wasn't a Christian.

I receive no comfort or relief from them and all it's done to me is wear me down. It's wearing me down to the point of giving up on everything.

Yes, in the world we will have much tribulation as Satan is the ruler of iniquity over all the nations, Ephesians 6:11, 12. The trials and tribulations that we face helps us learn patience and endurance that we stand strong in faith and never waver so we can enter the kingdom of God per Acts 14:22. Matthew 10:22 says that those who endure until the end (when Jesus returns) are those who will be saved and will be with Christ forever. It's not God that brings tribulations on His own as the ruler of iniquity that is Satan is the one who seeks to steal, kill and destroy those who are in Christ, John 10:10.

It's not like God couldn't stop them. He could. Therefore they are mandatory because they exist.

I don't see chastisement and tribulation being much of a difference and we are promised chastisement from GOD as well, as noted by ToB earlier.

Nobody was promised some illusory bed of roses and only good in the scriptures in this present life in order to maintain a one sided view of God. Yes, God IS implicated in everything that transpires in His creation one way or another.

I never said anything about not working. I do work. I had three part-time jobs, one being more steady than the other two. I was going to be an EMT again, but with the accident, that is unlikely as they don;t want someone with an accident on their record.

So work is not the issue. It's the tribulations, such as what I have mentioned.

Well, work then is one issue that's not an issue. The other stuff you just have to wade through. Sometimes a person has to withdraw themselves from troublesome situations and too much drama. We can't control other people but we can control our engagements with adverse people and situations by not participating or exposing ourselves to them any longer.

The other aspect of life that have increased since becoming a Christian. Pain and anguish have increased and that is what I want away from. If being a Christian means pain and anguish, I want out.

I have no idea how you connect that to being a christian. Beliefs are things we hold internally. They can not possibly cause us physical pain and if it's mental anguish, again, it can not be caused by beliefs unless they are bad beliefs.

Well, work then is one issue that's not an issue. The other stuff you just have to wade through. Sometimes a person has to withdraw themselves from troublesome situations and too much drama. We can't control other people but we can control our engagements with adverse people and situations by not participating or exposing ourselves to them any longer.

I have no idea how you connect that to being a christian. Beliefs are things we hold internally. They can not possibly cause us physical pain and if it's mental anguish, again, it can not be caused by beliefs unless they are bad beliefs.

I can connect it because since becoming a Christian they have become more numerous and worse in intensity.

Thank you for your prayer...
I have prayed in the Spirit for you. I pray that your faith will not fail you. I have ask Lord Jesus Christ to send legions of angels to surround you, minister to you, and to destroy all evil seen and unseen that comes near you. I declare that the favor of God is defeating your enemies for you. I declare that the favor of God is surrounding you like a shield. I declare great grace over you and your family. I declare blessings, blessings, blessings, and favor, favor, and favor over you forever. In the mighty name of Jesus - Amen.

These Brothers that have prayed for you...now is the time for you to pray and be in agreement with them. This will release your ministering angels to be able to help you.
I'm in agreement with them that this brother needs help, Lord. Empower him with strength so that he can overcome this...Amen.
:pray

I can connect it because since becoming a Christian they have become more numerous and worse in intensity.
And that is what I might call a false belief. I took much comfort in my tribulations and chastisements knowing that God in Christ loves me, eternally. Just because I didn't get some big fat pile of gold, good health or good relationships is not a result of beliefs.

Problems are every bit associated with our own personal responsibilities. We do have to look both ways when crossing the street regardless of our faith and yes, sometimes, oftentimes we get blindsided anyway.

And that is what I might call a false belief. I took much comfort in my tribulations and chastisements knowing that God in Christ loves me, eternally. Just because I didn't get some big fat pile of gold, good health or good relationships is not a result of beliefs.

Problems are every bit associated with our own personal responsibilities. We do have to look both ways when crossing the street regardless of our faith and yes, sometimes, oftentimes we get blindsided anyway.

I'm not you. I don't take comfort in tribulations, chastisements, trials and pain. I want them gone. I do not want them anymore. They need to stop.

I don't receive comfort from God or Jesus when going through them. I just get more pain, more anguish.

I have said before that I do not think I was ever meant to be a Christian. The last year or so has started to really prove what I have said.

God comforts my soon-to-be ex-wife, He talks to her. He shows her that she is His. Me? I get more pain, more anguish, more tribulations.

So, thank you everyone who has tried to help me. It is appreciated. Please do not think that it's not.

With that said, I am done with the Christian life. It was never meant for me.

I have said before that I do not think I was ever meant to be a Christian. The last year or so has started to really prove what I have said.

God comforts my soon-to-be ex-wife, He talks to her. He shows her that she is His. Me? I get more pain, more anguish, more tribulations.

Maybe you should have obeyed her...I've found this to be extremely helpful with our relationship...:lol

Boidae21,

In my 61 years here on this earth I have had my fill of trials and tribulations. I can't say I enjoyed the misery and pain they brought me as who would enjoy being used and abused physically and mentally. There were many times I cried out to God for help, but He seemed to me to be silent. It wasn't until I hit rock bottom contemplating suicide that I laid it all out to God and actually told Him if he didn't change things I would take my own life. I've been Spiritually born again since 1973, but never developed a personal relationship with Jesus until 1997. I couldn't even count how many times I walked away from God even though now I know He never forsaken me. God was waiting for me to let go of doing everything my way, which never worked out for me.

My break through was when I heard God speak to me through His word in Deuteronomy Chapter 28 that I am the head and not the tail and God wants only to bless me if I obey His commandments, but will send curses if I do not obey. Since the time I adhered to what His word spoke to me life is so much better and His blessings are overflowing in my husband and my life. It's not monetary as in being rich, but having everything we need to sustain our life. Now when trials and tribulations try to come against me, as they always will because Satan wants nothing more than to still our joy and separate us from the love of God, now I stand on those promises of God in Deuteronomy 28 and place everything in His hands as I know God will bring me and my husband through anything.

1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

That formula has never worked.

Pretty sure that close to seven years is not considered "instant coffee" in what I have been expecting.

Try 24 years. After awhile you learn to enjoy "trials." Pressure has purposes.

Trials build character, patience, endurance and so forth, so are good over time.

Speaking of time, a thousand years is like a day to the Lord. It works out that, let's say you're 41 years old...that's one hour to the Lord. So if you were to ask the Lord a question, and He replies, soon, or, just a minute...It could be a couple-three years...so be patient. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back