Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

From com to net

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

moredetails

Hello. :) I was trying to use ChristianForums.com and it was very confusing. Then someone told me that there was another one (dot net) and so here I am! Has anyone else used the other CF, and if so, can you help me without just saying, "Read the FAQ." ? Are .net and .com related in some way?

Anywho, I'm Jessica. Age 28. Nice to meet you.

I have a journal on LiveJournal with the same name as I use here (moredetails). Does anyone else have a journal there? Am I allowed to write links/emails in these or will they be edited?

Have a wonderful day!

hi and welcome my name is jessica also!! i'm 16
ummm... christian_chick is on dot com as well as this one and one other, so maybe you could talk to her this forum isn't complicated really as long you are nice and stick to the rules you are very welcome here !!

Welcome moredetails,

Thanks for your post...I don't know about the other forum at all. I hope you enjoy it here.

Blessings

Hello, and I doubt the sites are related; "Christian forums" seems to be a rather simply name to think up, and thus is bound to have multiple extentsions.

I have a livejoural as well, but I doubt you'd wish to have me on your list.

Oh, do you know me so well? :) Why do you doubt?

BronzeStray said:
Hello, and I doubt the sites are related; "Christian forums" seems to be a rather simply name to think up, and thus is bound to have multiple extentsions.

Welcome to the forums Jessica!! .Net and .com are not related. Logan owns this site and I'm not sure if .com has one or multiple owners. I started out on the .com side and didn't like it. First and foremost because they are very biased towards Catholicism. They gave me a warning for debating Catholic doctrines. The forum is too big for my taste anyway. I think many times less = more. We don't need eighty zillion forums over here, too much stuff gets confusing and its hard to keep tract of all the threads you reply to without spending alot of time looking around. I can see it must get kinda hard to meet a lot of people and talk with them on a personal level. With so many it would be hard to interact with them all on a regular basis.

I'm not really sure what you mean by Livejournal, so obviously I don't have one. So I can't answer your last question but I will check into it and let you know or Judy will let you know.

moredetails said:

Simply put, I'm a "demonic influence" for simply not being Christian. To have me on your list will be to let Satan into your life apparently.

I checked out the site and it looks like it shouldn't be a problem since its your own thoughts and ideas that you want to post. So feel free to. Enjoy the forums!!

BronzeStray said:
moredetails said:

Simply put, I'm a "demonic influence" for simply not being Christian. To have me on your list will be to let Satan into your life apparently.

Well.. check out my journal sometime, then. :) I'm not closed to non-Christian friends.

Scott said:
Welcome to the forums Jessica!! .Net and .com are not related. Logan owns this site and I'm not sure if .com has one or multiple owners. I started out on the .com side and didn't like it. First and foremost because they are very biased towards Catholicism. They gave me a warning for debating Catholic doctrines. The forum is too big for my taste anyway. I think many times less = more. We don't need eighty zillion forums over here, too much stuff gets confusing and its hard to keep tract of all the threads you reply to without spending alot of time looking around. I can see it must get kinda hard to meet a lot of people and talk with them on a personal level. With so many it would be hard to interact with them all on a regular basis.

I'm not really sure what you mean by Livejournal, so obviously I don't have one. So I can't answer your last question but I will check into it and let you know or Judy will let you know.

Thank you so much for this nice welcome! My experience is/was bad with ChristianForums.com too. I think the idea is great, and I'd like to be a part of the community there, but I can't seem to fit myself in. I get so lost and no one wants to help me. I did not know that thing about Catholicism, but then I hadn't read a lot of the forums there yet.

It is nicer when it's smaller.. I was getting frustrated with how many people (on .com) were just greeting me to add to their post number (or so it seemed).

I checked out the site and it looks like it shouldn't be a problem since its your own thoughts and ideas that you want to post. So feel free to.

Let me back up a second, I believe it should be ok but I'll let Judy confirm this because our T.O.S. links rule isn't really as clear as I had thought.

BronzeStray said:

Can I know what your LJ username is?

I have a journal on LiveJournal with the same name as I use here (moredetails). Does anyone else have a journal there? Am I allowed to write links/emails in these or will they be edited?

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome Jessica, It nice to have you here. I think you will find this place easy to use, once you get past our posting glitch.. :x And no we are not related to .com.
As far as your question about your journal I scanned it and I didn't see anything objectionable. So we will play it by ear, go ahead and post some and if we have a problem with then we will let you know. :wink:

Judy said:

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome Jessica, It nice to have you here. I think you will find this place easy to use, once you get past our posting glitch.. :x And no we are not related to .com.
As far as your question about your journal I scanned it and I didn't see anything objectionable. So we will play it by ear, go ahead and post some and if we have a problem with then we will let you know. :wink:

Thanks! I just meant that if I put my email address where people can contact me, or the url for my journal, I didn't know if I'd be asked to edit it. So if you say it's okay, here goes:

http://www.livejournal.com/user/moredetails
and jessrenee@fastmail.fm :)

Thanks! I just meant that if I put my email address where people can contact me, or the url for my journal, I didn't know if I'd be asked to edit it. So if you say it's okay, here goes:

:lol: Sorry, I had a few people talking to me and my granddaughter IM'ing me and I was trying to answer your question and I guess I misunderstood.... (it's not the first time)... :lol:

I hate to surprise everyone, but we are affliated, or at least were affiliated with cf.com. So that's the relationship if you want to count affiliation. Erwin is the Principle owner of CF.com. I'm active there too, but this place is my favorite of the two.

Welcome to the forums. 8-)

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
I hate to surprise everyone, but we are affliated, or at least were affiliated with cf.com. So that's the relationship if you want to count affiliation. Erwin is the Principle owner of CF.com. I'm active there too, but this place is my favorite of the two.

Welcome to the forums. 8-)

Very interesting! I wondered why some aspects were so similar (like the quote button, etc.).

I'd like to like it there, but I can't seem to. :)

Well now wait a second, just because we are affiliated doesn't mean we have the same features. In fact, every PHP style board will have the same quote button. They have a blessings system where you get points for posting. We don't. We have rules that are inforced regularly, while they've only proven to me that they'll warn users when there site traffic is in danger.

As you go around mesage boards, you'll see I'm at a lot of them. Some as BHC, some as Timothy, some as various other names. Out of the boards I participate on, this is the one of the best sites of it's size.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Well now wait a second, just because we are affiliated doesn't mean we have the same features. In fact, every PHP style board will have the same quote button. They have a blessings system where you get points for posting. We don't. We have rules that are inforced regularly, while they've only proven to me that they'll warn users when there site traffic is in danger.

As you go around mesage boards, you'll see I'm at a lot of them. Some as BHC, some as Timothy, some as various other names. Out of the boards I participate on, this is the one of the best sites of it's size.

Alright, don't worry--I'm not calling you guys twins. :) I just think some aspects are "familiar" so I can see how maybe similar creators worked on the sites.

That blessings system ends up being a big pain. It seems cool and I understand why they have it, but then it just seems like.. I don't know, everyone's motives are questionable.

Sorry about the bashing. Don't kick me off!

moredetails said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

Alright, don't worry--I'm not calling you guys twins. :) I just think some aspects are "familiar" so I can see how maybe similar creators worked on the sites.

That blessings system ends up being a big pain. It seems cool and I understand why they have it, but then it just seems like.. I don't know, everyone's motives are questionable.

Sorry about the bashing. Don't kick me off!
Why would we kick you off? You have been nothing but repsectful. You are appreciated here and welcome here also. Questions are just that and those with the knowlege are grateful they can help, I am sure.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back