Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

From com to net

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You weren't bashing, I'm Just clearing the air, and I'm sorry if my post seemed too aggressive. There are quite a few users who have made their way over from CF.com just as you have. That's how I heard of the place.

Lyric's Dad said:
moredetails said:
[quote="Brutus/HisCatalyst":280b2]Well now wait a second, just because we are affiliated doesn't mean we have the same features. In fact, every PHP style board will have the same quote button. They have a blessings system where you get points for posting. We don't. We have rules that are inforced regularly, while they've only proven to me that they'll warn users when there site traffic is in danger.

As you go around mesage boards, you'll see I'm at a lot of them. Some as BHC, some as Timothy, some as various other names. Out of the boards I participate on, this is the one of the best sites of it's size.

Alright, don't worry--I'm not calling you guys twins. :) I just think some aspects are "familiar" so I can see how maybe similar creators worked on the sites.

That blessings system ends up being a big pain. It seems cool and I understand why they have it, but then it just seems like.. I don't know, everyone's motives are questionable.

Sorry about the bashing. Don't kick me off!
Why would we kick you off? You have been nothing but repsectful. You are appreciated here and welcome here also. Questions are just that and those with the knowlege are grateful they can help, I am sure.[/quote:280b2]

I don't know, I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells, because on the .com version I said something that got a negative reaction from some people, and then I had to edit several posts because I had included my email. So.. yeah. I don't want to break rules. :)

moredetails said:
Lyric's Dad said:
moredetails said:
[quote="Brutus/HisCatalyst":biggrin0249]Well now wait a second, just because we are affiliated doesn't mean we have the same features. In fact, every PHP style board will have the same quote button. They have a blessings system where you get points for posting. We don't. We have rules that are inforced regularly, while they've only proven to me that they'll warn users when there site traffic is in danger.

As you go around mesage boards, you'll see I'm at a lot of them. Some as BHC, some as Timothy, some as various other names. Out of the boards I participate on, this is the one of the best sites of it's size.

Alright, don't worry--I'm not calling you guys twins. :) I just think some aspects are "familiar" so I can see how maybe similar creators worked on the sites.

That blessings system ends up being a big pain. It seems cool and I understand why they have it, but then it just seems like.. I don't know, everyone's motives are questionable.

Sorry about the bashing. Don't kick me off!
Why would we kick you off? You have been nothing but repsectful. You are appreciated here and welcome here also. Questions are just that and those with the knowlege are grateful they can help, I am sure.

I don't know, I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells, because on the .com version I said something that got a negative reaction from some people, and then I had to edit several posts because I had included my email. So.. yeah. I don't want to break rules. :)[/quote:biggrin0249]Well, following the rules is a good thing but we all understand that we make mistakes. You are not going to get in "trouble" here if you make mistakes. You will get a p.m. to remind you and to let you know for future reference but I can say of myself and I feel like others here are the same that it is done in the spirit of helping the other person, not to get them. The people that end up getting warnings or banned are people who are blatantly disregarding the rules and continually ignoring requests for them to clean it up. No worries. This is a place for people to come and talk and learn about Jesus Christ. Sometimes that means touching on sensitive items. Welcome aboard.

is that your pic in your avatar?? if so you are really pretty!!

I hate to surprise everyone, but we are affliated, or at least were affiliated with cf.com.

I guess I don't know the entire story farther back, but I do know that about a year ago they made an offer to buy the domain name here which they wanted to use to direct traffic to their site. So I do know they are not affiliated now nor have been for some time now.

There are a lot of forums on the net are very similar and some even nearly identical though they are not at all related.

Scott said:
I hate to surprise everyone, but we are affliated, or at least were affiliated with cf.com.

I guess I don't know the entire story farther back, but I do know that about a year ago they made an offer to buy the domain name here which they wanted to use to direct traffic to their site. So I do know they are not affiliated now nor have been for some time now.

There are a lot of forums on the net are very similar and some even nearly identical though they are not at all related.

You've been here longer than I have. The reason I say we were affiliated at one time, is because when we still had the affiliates forum, they were listed in there. I Remember Logan asking about a few months ago whether or not he should accept the offer. That's why I don't like their site. It's more about numbers than it is about Jesus.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Scott said:

You've been here longer than I have. The reason I say we were affiliated at one time, is because when we still had the affiliates forum, they were listed in there. I Remember Logan asking about a few months ago whether or not he should accept the offer. That's why I don't like their site. It's more about numbers than it is about Jesus.
.Com is actually part of a very large network of websites on many different topics. The reality is that it is a money maker. They get a good income off each site. I used to have a thread to point all this out but do not any longer. The main owners of the .com site are not necessarrily even Christians but have set up many sites to earn income through advertising and contributions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back