Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to Liven this place up

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Apologetic's deals with answering critics who oppose or question the revelation of God in Christ and the Bible. I believe 2 Timothy 4:2-4 gives us a good instruction that we need to follow as an Apologetic forum can become very heated as each one turns on the other to prove their point of view. It's also the same with discussing the various worldly religions which there are over 4000 of them. As long as it is monitored heavily I see no problem with it.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Talking shop here for a second...
Generally speaking...an Apologetics forum usually turns into another theological discussion forum.
Some Baptists believe that none of the wine spoken about in scriptures had alcohol regardless of what archeologists have proven. Many people want to debate the point where Moses crossed the Red Sea...for theological reasons. Same thing goes for Golgotha and just about every apologetic fact that you can imagine. Because if archeologists are correct then their favorite pet theologies are wrong. .

Even the different manuscripts that our Bibles are made from come under fire.
It's exhausting. So...we have the science forum and the Theology forum...that's enough. No need for the duplication.
I agree J,,,but everyone has the right to believe what they believe.
Maybe discussing topics could make one stop and think...maybe not.

I don't quite understand what where the Red Sea was crossed and when or the conditions has anything to do with apologetics or theology.

Different topics come up...I agree that there should just be one Theology Forum and let what is posted be posted. I think it's Worthy that combined the Apologetics Forum with the Theology Forum...like I said,,,in the end. I don't think it's important what the title of the forum is.

OzSpen had suggested some great topics some times ago.
If HE doesn't start posting them,,,maybe I will if he doesn't mind.

He's so knowledgeable...I wish HE would do this.

Apologetic's deals with answering critics who oppose or question the revelation of God in Christ and the Bible. I believe 2 Timothy 4:2-4 gives us a good instruction that we need to follow as an Apologetic forum can become very heated as each one turns on the other to prove their point of view. It's also the same with discussing the various worldly religions which there are over 4000 of them. As long as it is monitored heavily I see no problem with it.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
For some reading along that may not know:

Apologetics is defending our faith.
Theology is the study of God.

But sometimes it's not so easy to know which is which.
I've posted threads at times and was not too sure where to post it.

I like this:
Theology/Apologetics

(can't go wrong!)

I was asking if Allah is the name of God Almighty ( Deuteronomy 6:4) in the language of Arabic.

You answered what I highlighted above.
I believe your answer is YES.
So Allah is equal to the name God .....

In which case, it is the same God...
BUT, as Muslims tend to honor Muhammad,,,,And not God/Allah, then in that sense we say that their God is different than our God.

But, in reality there is only ONE GOD, the creator, and He can have different names in different languages.
DIOS
DIO
DIEU
GOD
ALLAH
YAWEH
etc......
I would say technically, yes it is the same person - whether He is called Allah in Arabic, or Yahoweh in Jewish, or Jehovah in English: there is only one who is, and who always has been and whose wisdom and power is ultimate above all others. But there is more meaning in a name than just the role they have, because a name brings to mind the whole character of a person. In that way, we see that the Allah of Islam is characterised much differently than the Jehovah of Christianity characterised by Jesus and the holy bible's writers.

wondering

Islam does not believe in Deity as they see Jesus as only a minor prophet that lived and died as Mohammed is their prophet sent by God.

Here is Allah according to the Quran and definitely not the God we serve.

Remember when your Lord revealed to the angels, "Verily I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks and smite over all their fingers and toes. This is because they defied and disobeyed Allah and His Messenger (Mohammed). And whoever defies and disobeys Allah and His Messenger, them verily, Allah is Severe in punishment. This is (the torment), so taste it; and surely, for the disbelievers is the torment of the Fire." (Surat Al-Anfal 8:12-14)

Islam's Allah has provided yet another timeless Divine revelation which gives his prophet the right to rape and torture women of other religions.

Surat 4:24 "And all married women are forbidden unto you EXCEPT those captives whom your right hand possesses. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that you seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery..."

In short, allah the all merciful is affirming that any non-Muslim woman is fair game to rape provided she is "captured" first - "..Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned..." - how divine!

The Prophet Mohammed urges Muslims to fight in the cause of Allah:

"Verily, Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in rows as if they were solid Structures." (Surat As-Saff 61:4)

"O prophet Mohammed urge the believers (Muslims) to fight. If there be of you 20 steadfast, they will overcome 200 and if there be of you a 100, they shall overcome a 1000, because the disbelievers are a folk without intelligence." (Surat Al-Anfal 8:65)

"It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. You desire the lure of this world and Allah desires for you the hereafter and Allah is Mighty, Wise. Now enjoy what you have won as lawful and good and keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is forgiving, merciful." (Surat Al-Anfal 8:67-68) this is reference to having a place in paradise for those you kill

Biblical knowledge is a little competitive ive noticed. Some like to show one upmanship scoring points over the less literate.
For me the more impressive Biblical scholar will minimise verse quoting and maximise fostering respectful relations.

Ye im not a fan of quoting scripture. There is just something about it I don't like. Perhaps its the sense that im being told off or that it results in a table tennis match of biblical verses, or that verses can and do often get taken out of context, maybe it's the lack of ones own ability to convey the teaching in his own words.

I'm not sure exactly why Im not a huge fan of quoting scripture.
I prefer to paraphrase scripture in my own words i think it comes across more genuine.

I would say technically, yes it is the same person - whether He is called Allah in Arabic, or Yahoweh in Jewish, or Jehovah in English: there is only one who is, and who always has been and whose wisdom and power is ultimate above all others. But there is more meaning in a name than just the role they have, because a name brings to mind the whole character of a person. In that way, we see that the Allah of Islam is characterised much differently than the Jehovah of Christianity characterised by Jesus and the holy bible's writers.
Thanks SZ....
I also thank for_his_glory who explained very well in post no. 65 that God is misrepresented in the Qur'an and thus it certainly does seem to be a totally different God than Yaweh and Dio, etc. since they are properly represented in our bible. (with some reservations in the O.T. but I have my own theory on that-with which I'm not alone).

Ye im not a fan of quoting scripture. There is just something about it I don't like. Perhaps its the sense that im being told off or that it results in a table tennis match of biblical verses, or that verses can and do often get taken out of context, maybe it's the lack of ones own ability to convey the teaching in his own words.

I'm not sure exactly why Im not a huge fan of quoting scripture.
I prefer to paraphrase scripture in my own words i think it comes across more genuine.
If you and humble soul are relating something you believe about God or Christianity,,,it has to be shown that it comes not from your own understanding but from some concept in the bible.

You can use a verse from the bible and explain it how you understand it...but you cannot make up your own theology.
This is known as eisegesis and is not acceptable when discussing matters that are biblical in nature.

We don't quote verses to show off how smart we are but to show how what we think is supported by scripture.

I find that I've learned much by doing this. If someone brings up a point they never thought of before, it moves them to learn more.

Biblical knowledge is a little competitive ive noticed. Some like to show one upmanship scoring points over the less literate.
For me the more impressive Biblical scholar will minimise verse quoting and maximise fostering respectful relations.
Im going through a low motivational phase at the moment being less interested in the Bible. But my pov is that its not the one and only answer to all my problems.
Im more interested in getting to know people here whatever their labels are.
Share a laugh maybe or just learn about a different perspective.
It is a shame that some come looking for a fight . whatever that might look like. Im not.
Who is looking for a fight Humble Soul?
I don't know anyone on this site that is doing that.

I like why you're here,,,I think we're all here for the same reason. It's a good place to share our ideas.
:hug

Mate i was starting to doubt u were an Aussie seeing u didn't respond Oi Oi Oi... LoL
But uv made amends with Hey True Blue. Only an Aussie could know that one...:thumbsup
I only just noticed that G'day G'day was a link to the song... My bad...:thumb

Your in Brisbane, right. Humble is in Perth. Im in Melbourne.
And Kiwi is somewhere in Oz as well

Mate i was starting to doubt u were an Aussie seeing u didn't respond Oi Oi Oi... LoL
But uv made amends with Hey True Blue. Only an Aussie could know that one...:thumbsup
I only just noticed that G'day G'day was a link to the song... My bad...:thumb

Your in Brisbane, right. Humble is in Perth. Im in Melbourne.
And Kiwi is somewhere in Oz as well

Christ the King,

Imagine the Oi Oi Oi theology we could promote on this forum.:lock A pub with no beer would promote being a teetotaler, which would be contrary to Jesus turning the water into wine.:woot

I'm as true blue as you can get - born to sugar cane farmers in Bundaberg Qld. Here's a picture of my first school, Givelda State School, but the buildings have grown to more than twice the size of when I was there in the 1950s.

So we're located around the country, from Perth to Melbourne to Brisbane and Kiwi somewhere else.

There is good news in drought-stricken south-western Queensland: The flood rains have come.

Oz

Christ the King,

Imagine the Oi Oi Oi theology we could promote on this forum.:lock A pub with no beer would promote being a teetotaler, which would be contrary to Jesus turning the water into wine.:woot

I'm as true blue as you can get - born to sugar cane farmers in Bundaberg Qld. Here's a picture of my first school, Givelda State School, but the buildings have grown to more than twice the size of when I was there in the 1950s.

So we're located around the country, from Perth to Melbourne to Brisbane and Kiwi somewhere else.

There is good news in drought-stricken south-western Queensland: The flood rains have come.

Oz

Ahahaha true...

You are real true blue.
Im a wog (but not a mario), my olds came here from Europe

When i hit the link to your old school I thought I was about to see a class photo...

So i got this idea now... Lets all dig up an old class photo and post them on here for a laugh... Let's look at who we were as kids...

Cmon I never accused anyone of showing off nor did I tell anyone not to quote scripture

LoL ur on fire today. No one is making up their own theology.
At least I don't think I have. Have i?
I'm ALWAYS on fire!

The words "showing off" were MY words...it's what I understood was being said between you and humble soul. I might have been wrong, but I don't think so.

People DO make up their own theology. I didn't say YOU were doing this. The point I was making is that when someone is stating a fact, it's good to use scripture to support that view.

This is not something new to this site...every forum has some rule pertaining to this.

Thanks SZ....
I also thank for_his_glory who explained very well in post no. 65 that God is misrepresented in the Qur'an and thus it certainly does seem to be a totally different God than Yaweh and Dio, etc. since they are properly represented in our bible. (with some reservations in the O.T. but I have my own theory on that-with which I'm not alone).
It's only a different messenger, not a different Supreme God. Jesus says "the thief comes to steal, to kill and to destroy but I have come that they may have life to the fullest". The Qur'an makes it clear that its only reason for having come, is because the Christians had lost the authenticity of the message of Christ, and thus there was an opportunity for a more perfect faith to overtake them (see my earlier references to the righteousness of the Pharisees).

They certainly can't draw any power from God where they are less righteous in His eyes. But the same holds true of anyone who calls upon His name.

Back